• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beauty of Our Weapons (307)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON THREE
    THE BEAUTY OF OUR WEAPONS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 307
    A weapons dealer with a personal connection to Berlin arrives in the town, and Nolan tries to raise a militia to defend Defiance from the coming assault. While Stahma recovers with her Omec ally, Datak is sentenced for his crimes.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 July 2015, 09:04 PM.

Great episode.

Heck, they even made me cry with Datak.

Definitely the best season of Defiance yet and definitely worth seeing.

Also of note: Tatra trucks will survive terraforming and keep serving. I already thought from last episodes it was a Tatra, but this time it was clear. Had even a Czech flag on the front bumper.

Comment

Yeah, I really liked this episode, and I think that this is the best season of Defiance as well. The episodes and storylines/character arcs are interesting and everything is flowing well this season. I really liked last season, but I think they had too many different things going on with the characters that had nothing to do with the main story arc. There were times when episodes/storylines would go off on tangents and the main arc of the season would be pushed to the background for several episodes, that made the 2nd season feel disjointed/badly paced to me.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, the first two seasons were what I'd call 'all over the place'. Many storylines that didn't at all fit together. And the episodes themselves were more disjointed themselves by switching between storylines. Often they were leaving what felt like the best part of the story on the back burner while diverting on yet another unnecessary plot.

This season, while some may see it as less rich or slow, is focused on Defiance having to defend itself against Rahm Tak. And I believe all the individual elements tie in that central point or at least have an influence on that overarching story.
        And there hasn't really been a truly bad episode yet this season, only the occasional bad scene, bad CGI, ...

Comment

Really, really, really bad CGI. Like Sharknado level CGI.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Really, really, really bad CGI. Like Sharknado level CGI.
            On the upside, not in this episode.

Comment

Very true
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X