• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

History Rhymes (305)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON THREE
    HISTORY RHYMES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305
    Mentally joined by Ark tech, Nolan and Irisa witness key moments from their past -- while Amanda and Yewll make a deal with the Omec to save the lives of their friends. As Stahma tries to convince T'evgin to fight on their behalf, Alak plots his escape from General Tak's clutches.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 July 2015, 09:24 PM.

This episode was dragging a bit.
    It was actually fairly good, but Rahm Tak's attack doesn't seem to be any closer to actually happening than in 3 episodes back (I know, he's afraid of the Omec, so he wants to get more weps and tries to wait how much more damage Datak and Stahma can do in Defiance). Also letting Alak escape so easily made Rahm Tak's merry band of killers look incompetent, again (remember how Nolan and Irisa managed to destroy that barrier cutter and escape?).

Oh, and last though: Aren't they retconning Irisa a bit now? I really can't say with much certainty, but she seemed to enjoy killing in the first season. I'd understand if despite her reservations, she simply grew used to it after a while and only now, after the New New York massacre, she went back to the kid that never wanted to kill. But again, I have this faint memory of Irisa being the more bloodthirsty of the Nolan-Irisa duo.

Comment

Yeah they changed Irisa's tone a lot. She not only can't kill but lost her general rude violent mood. She even dresses more low key than she did before.

I really liked the episode though.

Comment

Wasn't part of the reason Irisa was such a killing machine in S2 because of the ARKtech in her brain?
        She wound up killing someone she loved(Tommy) and is now over compensating the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
          Wasn't part of the reason Irisa was such a killing machine in S2 because of the ARKtech in her brain?
          She wound up killing someone she loved(Tommy) and is now over compensating the other way.
          But wasn't she a 'killing machine' even before she's gotten that?

If not and she only became that aggressive because of the arkbrain, it all makes perfect sense. But if she was actually portrayed as more ruthless than Nolan in the first seasons, then the writers are kinda counting on us not remembering and are retconning Irisa.

All said and done, it was still a rather good bet, since the episode worked and apparently, I don't quite remember what Irisa was like.

Comment

episode 5 ratings
            1.277 mil. viewers
            0.36 adult rating
            It still holds better than any other show on syfy.
            Last edited by pakar; 07 July 2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode and, for the most part, I've been loving this season so far. I'm glad it's doing better ratings wise. It's probably my favorite show on Syfy right now.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, while the ratings aren't great for any of the 'Friday shows', they're staying surprisingly stable so far. If I recall the latest seasons of Sg-1, then SGA and SGU well, they managed to draw quite a lot of people for the premierse but then the drop off in the season was huge.

Let's hope all the three shows stay where they are. (I think hoping for growth is unrealistic.)

Comment

I don't know of course what syfy will do but i think it's difficult for both 3 shows to survive. After all they have The Expanse coming on december and their new shows Hunter and Magicians coming next year.
                  Last edited by pakar; 08 July 2015, 04:42 AM.

Comment

I think it depends on the shows ratings and how much they cost. Even with those 3 new shows I think they still have room. Syfy wants year round programming. Lost Girl, Continuum, and Helix are ending or have been canceled. Haven might be in its last season. It renewed 12 Monkeys and Z Nation, and picked up Bitten for another season. Dominion's second season starts tomorrow night. I don't know how that will do (I like the show, so I hope it does well). Something will most likely be canceled, and I'll probably be disappointed, but I'll get over it lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't know Helix was ending.

Comment

Working...
                      X