Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So far, what do you think about DM? (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post

We switched TV providers and the new one doesn't have SyFy in the package we chose, So I'll miss the final two episodes.

I'm hoping it comes to Netflix. In any region.
    You can watch on Amazon either buy a season or just episodes this is how I watch it I don't have cable and if you have itunes but that was annoying for me Amazon was much simpler and the eps are only 1.99 the HD are more I got the season pass of the reg

I enjoy both Dark Matter and Killjoys both characters and overall plot
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I've seen a couple of episodes, and I'll confess I'm finding it a bit slow and plodding :\

I really like the Android, I think she's fantastic and the actress is excellent, but I find the other characters quite bland.

Since I'm in the UK where viewing figures don't count towards a show's renewal, I'm going to wait till it's online and marathon it.

I still really hope it gets a second season, because it definitely has a lot of potential, and I want it to win me over.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
        You can watch on Amazon either buy a season or just episodes this is how I watch it I don't have cable and if you have itunes but that was annoying for me Amazon was much simpler and the eps are only 1.99 the HD are more I got the season pass of the reg

I enjoy both Dark Matter and Killjoys both characters and overall plot
        I don't like it enough to get the episodes from iTunes or Amazon.

Comment

I understand the attraction of taking time to fill in the details of the universe the show inhabits, but the way the TV business is these days, I think I have to prefer a "data dump" episode, for the simple reason that many shows don't get time to do it slowly before they are axed. Seems that too many TV execs cut their teeth on "short attention span theater".

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I understand the attraction of taking time to fill in the details of the universe the show inhabits, but the way the TV business is these days, I think I have to prefer a "data dump" episode, for the simple reason that many shows don't get time to do it slowly before they are axed. Seems that too many TV execs cut their teeth on "short attention span theater".
            If a TV show isn't going to last then a world building "data dump" episode is pointless because it doesn't go anywhere.

If it does last, then the writer's are painted into a corner after such an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
              If a TV show isn't going to last then a world building "data dump" episode is pointless because it doesn't go anywhere.

If it does last, then the writer's are painted into a corner after such an episode.
              Nothing wrong with planning things out and then having to stick to your plan.

Comment

No need for 'data dump' episodes.

Just throw info every here and there spread out over several/many/all episodes. It can be done in a way not screaming at everyone: "Hear! Hear! Infodump!"

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Nothing wrong with planning things out and then having to stick to your plan.
                  Yes there is - slow gradual world building allows space and time to develop new or alternate ideas. Doing it all once or quickly benefits a show nothing. The characters have to take priority - if we don't like them, then a show has no future.

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                  No need for 'data dump' episodes.

Just throw info every here and there spread out over several/many/all episodes. It can be done in a way not screaming at everyone: "Hear! Hear! Infodump!"
                  Precisely and it allows for a better development of the overall plan for the series.

Comment

Been bingewathing this, watched last couple of episodes tody.
                    Really like this series, looking forward to season 2

Comment

Meh, it's okay. Nothing to write home about. I almost didn't watch it when I found out who was involved in it. Zoie Palmer is the only feason I gave it a chance and considering she gets taken offline in almost every episode I'm wondering what's the point. When I saw Hewlett's name the first time I cringed. Mallozzi, Mullie and Hewlett together is never a good combination. But I'm glad there's only been minor screen time on a computer screen.
                      sigpic

Comment

After five episodes watched, I find this show as boring as SGU. Has lost me as a viewer
                        sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Since SGU was never boring then you must have found it exciting.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Since SGU was never boring then you must have found it exciting.
                            R U Serious, I loved Stargate, SG1 and Atlantis but SGU was a better sleep inducer than test cricket, sorry just wasn't good: Much like this show, too slow ( interesting concept just poorly executed)
                            sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

SGU actually got quite a bit better the longer it went. Only the first 7-8 episodes, if I recall well, were very slow. Then it gradually got better.

Unless I somewhere pledged that I won't watch season 2 of Dark Matter, I can always hope it will also get better (and Joe Mallozzi has acknowledged quite a few of the common criticims on his blog back when it was airing).

Comment

SGU's quality significantly increased every half season or so.

I got Season 1 of Dark Matter for Christmas. I only caught the first few episodes on TV but it intrigued me. I'm looking forward to giving this a proper watch.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X