Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So far, what do you think about DM? (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, what do you think about DM? (SPOILERS)

Take into account it seems to have no connection to any other series at least so far. it is it's own show, own concept.

My own opinion, is Bleh !. I can say there is one character has to be the most annoying I can think of in a very, very long time! Lemke = 'Three' is the biggest Jerk I have seen in possibly my whole life in a show or movie, it is the annoying part that make it intolerable. Not even entertaining. I am ready to dump the show. They dump SGU, and this is the best they can do? Horrible! Like having 20 grit sandpaper in your butt... !
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

I think it will get better once they start having more interactions with other people. Space stations and planets etc.

Comment

Having a show where all the characters are likeable would be boring.

3 for me is the best character in the show so far. Hopefully 5 will continue to be a thawn in his side.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
        My own opinion, is Bleh !. They dump SGU, and this is the best they can do? Horrible! .. !
        I completely agree!

Comment

My own opinion, is Bleh !. They dump SGU, and this is the best they can do? Horrible! .. !
          I completely agree!

Comment

I like it so far, though everything still needs to settle.

And the whole argument of dropping SGU that'[s a decisions from up high not the producers/writers and such.

Also Scify is had always been expansive especially for TV's shows, and for a completely new show it actually looks decent.

Also have faith in the producers they made on the most successful Scify shows ever.
            Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Three has made me leave the show after 2 episodes...

Adam Baldwin did it much better
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Well I tried it, I didn't hate it but it didn't do much for me either so I doubt I'll watch any more of it. It's not that it appears to be a bad show, just a very unoriginal one. The only character I managed to have any reaction to was the Android and honestly, that was just irritation more than anything else. I might try it again, but I doubt it.

Comment

It's a fun little show. Nothing to stay at home for, but fun.

Comment

There were some good scenes in last night's show, mainly with 5 and 6, enough that I'm still willing to give it a chance. But there were also some weak scenes and dialogue.

The Android finally said something that made me laugh and not cringe. "If you shoot him, it might skew the results."

Comment

I was happy that Syfy is doing a Sci-fi show again, but this really struggles to keep my attention. It took SGU to find its rythm so I am giving this Series a chance in that regard.

The whole memory wipe thing sucks though. A Badass group of mercaneries and what do they do most of the time? Argue and whine.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

They dump SGU, and this is the best they can do? (
                        I agree as well on this point. THe money and time that was spent on this could have been put towards completing SGU.

Regarding characters, the only character I really dislike so far is the android. I don't get the point of having her behave and talk the way she does. It just makes the acting for this character seem really bad and forced.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                          I agree as well on this point. THe money and time that was spent on this could have been put towards completing SGU.

Regarding characters, the only character I really dislike so far is the android. I don't get the point of having her behave and talk the way she does. It just makes the acting for this character seem really bad and forced.
                          She could become like Romy from Andromeda. She also turned more humanlike over the Series.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Just finished watching the three episodes, and I have to say that I enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. I read the responses here before starting, too.

Three doesn't bother me as much as I thought he would because, as immature as he is, I kind of like hearing the dissenting opinions. It would be boring if they all got along, and seeing as though they are supposedly dangerous criminals, it makes sense for at least one of them to a selfish jerk, yeah? Besides, whenever I see him, I see Hudson from Aliens, and he ended up being one of my favorite characters in sci-fi.

I like how Four kind of walks a line between Three and the others; you're never really sure which direction he'll choose, and I think it makes Three seem less alienating that way. Also, I just like Four in general.

I would say the Android is my favorite character, though, followed by Five. I like Two; I always love having a strong female lead. I also like Six, but there's hardly anything to say about him except that he's probably the least suspicious of the group.

Then... there's One. I hope his story, if the cliff hanger is anything to go by, gets more interesting, because I'm not sure I'm ready to buy this naive and sometimes stuttering do-gooder as the main protagonist.

I mean, I know it's a group, but... "One"?

Oh, I was happy to see that Torri Higginson was still alive. Wish she had more than one scene, but I'll take what I can get.
                            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I rather like it so far. It's not perfect, but it's not bad either.
                              The only effects I have an issue with is their FTL stuff; that just looks cheesy.
                              I see it as an onion, which will be peeled back layer by layer over the course of the show.

So far, I rather like 2 & 6. 3 is a spoiled child, needs to be spanked. And not by 2 or 5, either. 4 seems to be the most dangerous of them, by far.

# 5 and the android seem to be "grab bags" from which the writers can pull plots or solutions from as far as I can tell.
                              Spoiler:
                              Like this week, when the Android reports the AE35 antenna unit er... power coupling has failed, and 5 finds the body.

It is certainly worth watching, to this point, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X