How old future Barry is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old future Barry is?

According to the Flash TV series, Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash (born 2151) has come back from the 22th century to kill Barry/The Flash in the 21st century.

Eobard mentioned that he wanted to kill Barry because he hated future Barry. That means Barry is STILL ALIVE and kicking in the 22th century. Let's calculate how old that makes him:

He finished high school at 17 probably as most US kids.He finished at the Uni at 21 or 22, depending on the university. Let's stick with 22, forensics is hard to learn . After that he went to work with CCPD as their forensics/analyst guy. He looked like a well established guy in his current workplace and every colleague in that department seemed to know him to some degree. Let's assume that another 2 years, which would make him 24 at the time he became the Flash (2014). That makes him 25 in 2015.

Eobard looked like a 40 something guy,but he lived 15 years in the past. So when he left the 22th century he was around 30. 2151+30=2181. We know Barry is still alive in that time because Eobard told us so.
    That makes Barry 191 years old. Unless the Speedforce grants longevity as well I don't see how that's possible. On top of that his metabolism is crazy fast which would make him age faster rather than slower in real life (I think).

I was surprised at Barry not freaking out on that when Eobard told him? On the other hand Barry doesn't seem to be portraied as a particularly bright guy in the series. Most of the time he acts very childish and immature for his age. At certain situations he completely lacks common sense.
    Maybe in season 2 it will suddenly dawn on him: Oh my GAWD I'm a grandpa!!! XD
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

As I understand it, Reverse Flash traveled back and fought Flash in 2024. He then traveled back again to kill young Barry. Nothing unusual about Barry's age.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

There is probably a bunch of time travel involved with both characters timelines, so it's tough to guess how old that Flash was when he chased Reverse Flash back in time.

Comment

As it is in the comics, Eobard is essentially Flash's biggest fan and goes back in time to meet him, at which point... well they say you should never meet your heroes, and in deed Eobard goes a little nuts, one thing leads to another and he ends up wanting to kill him instead.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well, if his speeded up metabolism gives him an accelerated healing factor, i can see it extending his life, like it does with Logan.

Comment

Flash isnt that old. Basically Reverse Flash goes back in time to kill Flash on multiple occasions. Flash is long dead by the time Reverse Flash is around in the 22nd century.
            Hi There!

Comment

Sorry for taking this long to get back and possibly necroing up this thread a bit.
              Since I've been "gone" I've read up more on the Flash comics, so my OP seems kind of a silly question now.
              Obviously I also forgot that RF could've just gone back multiple times. That must've put a real strain on his powers. That would explain why his powers just disappear sometimes or it could be something entirely unrelated, but I don't think so.

The other thing that had me going was that RF told Barry that they've been fighting for centuries or at least trough one century.
              That part I'm still confused with. Does that mean that Barry actually lived to be more than 100 with his powers still intact and as capable as the day he got them and RF just popped up periodically to check if he could kill him failing every time(like McAvoy suggested. Altough he didn't bother to be particular with it and certainly not exploring it further in the light of the "fighting for centuries". Which I forgive him, because he may discarded that piece of info as part of the many follies of the TV show without giving it a second truth and he certainly didn't see me include it in a possible future response.) OR RF and Barry were "time-chasing" each other trough the centuries. Both of these possibilities have problems in my book and possible multi-paradox issues that even the most capable scientists would have a hard time to wrap his head around.
              That's why they "borrowed" this wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff from Doctor Who which solves paradoxes like a 1st grader solves 2X2.
              In the comics it's straight forward, kind of. I've read up on Eobard's RF and they only changed numbers and the fact that he used plastic surgery to look like Barry.
              Here they changed it to RF using a "gizmo" that transformed him to Wells with a side effect of feelings.
              Maybe if the show manages to reach 10 seasons or at least 5 they'll explore it more deeply, but I wont blame them if they don't. (Even my favorite TV show Stargate retconned things sometimes.)
              sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Working...
              X