Humans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humans

Is anyone watching this? It's based on the Swedish series Äkta människor (Real Humans).

The first episode was on tonight and it started off brilliantly. I can't wait to see how it develops. I can't make up my mind whether I find the synths seriously creepy or if I feel sorry for them. Also it's great to see Colin Morgan back on TV.
    Last edited by Blencathra; 14 June 2015, 03:32 PM.

Im Curious about this one might give it a try
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I've seen the original which was brilliant. If this is half as good I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
        I've seen the original which was brilliant. If this is half as good I'll give it a try.
        I always feel irritated when people remake a great original. Why not just show the original & be done with it. Oh well. They've remade it & it does look good.

Trailer for episode 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          I always feel irritated when people remake a great original. Why not just show the original & be done with it.
          In this case propably because a series in english will be watched by far more people internationally than a series in sweddish.
          I will watch it in a couple of hours.

Comment

Now that was a very good first episode of a what promises to be a very good, intelligent science fiction series!

Comment

Humans’ Sets New Drama Record For C4; Sci-Fi Series Debuts On AMC June 28

http://deadline.com/2015/06/humans-r...mc-1201442829/

Humans, the eight-part sci-fi co-production from AMC and the UK’s Channel 4, debuted in Britain on Sunday night, setting a new record for the network. With 4M viewers and an 18.3% share, it became Channel 4’s biggest original drama series launch ever, and more than doubled the slot average — up 166% for volume and 183% for share. Twitter activity was sci-high for the show which kicked off at 9 PM local, and reviews have been largely positive — The Guardian is calling it “a clever, high-energy thriller”. U.S. viewers will get the chance to check it out beginning June 28 on AMC. (More at the link.)

Comment

Oh this is an UK remake? Does this mean in a couple of years we'll see a US remake too?

Comment

Great news!
                  There seems to be a influx of European/Scandinavian shows either subbed,dubbed or remade in recent years.This one seems to be a hit,though I can't compare like for like because I've never seen the original.

I loved part 1,and will rewatch it at least once before ep 2 via the On Demand feature.
                  For me the premise is cool,and the casting's ideal.I've really enjoyed Gemma Chan's performances since Waters of Mars,and Jonathan Aris is one of my faves too,as are William Hurt and Colin Morgan.

IMDb page
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Anyone remember Michael Shanks in "The Outer Limits" episode "Mary 25" ?...

Written by Jonathan Glassner...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_25

I must catch up with Humans....hubby watched it and said it was good...

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I didn't even know about it until I saw the AMC announcement on the front page of Gateworld, so watched it on catch up last night, dam good, instantly added the series to the recording schedule.

Comment

Another great episode.

Spoiler:
                        I still think Anita is still creepy and scary, but Gemma Chan’s acting is so brilliant, that you could almost feel that she wants to be alive, that she has feelings and that she wants to be the same as her "family". It’s totally gripping. However, nurse Vera is just plain scary. I get the feeling that the outdated synth Odi is going to break my heart. Colin Morgan was excellent as always. But what is he? Is he part synth as well?

BTW did any Blake's 7 fan notice that it was Steven Pacey (Del Tarrant) who was murdered in the synth brothel by Niska?

Comment

Trailer for episode 3.

Comment

Colin Morgan's character has to be either:

Spoiler:
                            the first synth to be given a soul, or the last, perhaps a human/synth hybrid. Odi is just adorable, he's like a 5 year old, just about old enough to be aware of his existence, but not old enough to have lost his child-like innocence.

Vera needs to be taken outside and shot lol

Comment

A very good second episode! so

Spoiler:
                              is Leo a synth?

Comment

Working...
                              X