• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 2

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    A revelation about their identities unsettles the crew, and One convinces them that they must stay and help defend a vulnerable mining colony from a Ferris Corp invasion force. Meanwhile, Five considers the implications of the fact that she was not found on the ship's crew manifest.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 August 2015, 04:24 PM.

It's OK. I'm still giving it a couple more episodes. Part 2 was certainly less word for word from the book than part 1 was.

I expected Torri's role to be a bit bigger, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see her again in the future.

Comment

I had great hopes after the first episode. Such a great premise with potential

I'dont know about you guys but I felt the plot progression horrible, the whole idea the colony wouldn't have tried what two did at the end, I thought maybe this show was going to be smart, in a campy good way. I'm dissapointed, not sure if I'll watch a third episode

Spoiler:
      They find out they are a bunch of criminals with no memories, next moment they risk their lives for each other. The whole team is sacrosanct mantra. Really? No time for paranoia, maybe that would be to much, but it's a great opportunity to have some character development. Instead it's just handwaved away. What with one and his conscience, all working together. It's not even that they really need eachother.

I personally didn't find the action sequence really entertaining, to much over the top. They are like invincible, besides the whole still fighting with modern day like weapons and style this far in the future.

The worst part is just the plot, the whole fighting on the ground ends up being pointless, nevermind the massacre. If Two had contacted the other corp and have them as a surprise welcoming, I might have enjoyed it. Still begs the question why the colony wouldn't have tried it before, stupid generator somewhere? and don't tell they didn't have time/knowledge, because they ordered some weapons instead.

I felt blue girl really had a great moment in the first episode when she revealed she had a dream and Two asked her who it was. (I had the impression she wanted to say you, but felt it wiser not to tell), but now blue girl merrily anouncing 'because we are dangerous", felt like it undid everything and worse.

Comment

Why do all the "bad" soldiers in these shows wear all that armor when they can be taken out with one shot to the chest anyway?

I may give this one another episode. Maybe not. Depends on how I feel next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
          Why do all the "bad" soldiers in these shows wear all that armor when they can be taken out with one shot to the chest anyway?
          y.
          Well they did the show one solder taking several shots in the back without going down.

Comment

I am very much enjoying watching the show. Stories take time to unfold on TV and I certainly do not want to have all the reveals right away. I haven't read the comics and at this point don't intend to but maybe will down the road a bit.

Loved seeing Tori - though I didn't like the hairdo but that's part of the character. I am excited to get to see more of Tori in future episodes , I am assuming we will get to see her more and she looks like she gets to be a bit of a badass.

I would have liked to see a bit more of what Two was doing then the fighting on the ground. The fighting was a bit of a diversion in the show and I don't think they had quite setup the corporations in power very well, but I am guessing that is because they are trying to write the story a bit more from the perspective of the audience having a bit of a memory issue and finding out along side the crew.

I do agree, why wear armor if bullets can pass through it? But then most shows you see, the bad guys seem to go down pretty easily no matter what they are wearing so I can accept it at this point.

I do like the chemistry with the cast and I want to find out more about each one of their characters.

Why is 1 so remorseful? When their memories were erased, were other things also taken away from them such as their bloodlust if it's true what they were shown about themselves in the 1st episode, or will that come back over time?

And I don't trust the android. I suspect she knows more than what she is saying and that her reboot didn't take everything away.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I agree, I do think the android knows more than she lets on.

And there is the big unanswered question....were their minds wiped because they were too dangerous? Or were they tired of killing and being pawns of the corporation? Did they have their own brains wiped? Did the android do it for them? Or was the android following someone else's orders?

There's a lot of directions that the show can take, and only time will tell.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Lots of subs to follow and I guess that will keep me watching until answered.

I did find my self anticipating the plot moments before it happened, but annoyed at the predictable plot manipulations.

Little variation in the cast as every one looks like 'sexy 20 something's' , which makes it difficult to relate.

I did like the way the RAS returned with the two cruisers and 'turn the tables' on the destroyer/mission.

But I'm already not watching the repeats - so I guess I'm just not yet sold on this one.
                Last edited by psl1; 20 June 2015, 11:22 AM.
                SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Ok.Thats it.

I could forgive the derivative plot and cheap settings/cgi. Blake's 7 had the same problem.

But i can't fotgive the bad acting, the dumb indifferent characters and the dialogues that seem written by a high school student.
                  I stop watching

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                    I would have liked to see a bit more of what Two was doing then the fighting on the ground. The fighting was a bit of a diversion in the show and I don't think they had quite setup the corporations in power very well...
                    If her memory was wiped, how would she know there were other corporations to contact, or how to reach them?

Comment

If her memory was wiped, how would she know there were other corporations to contact, or how to reach them?
                      As we have seen so far, their memory wipe has been selective. Did she know because she was searching through the database, off screen which we didn't see since the show spent more time focusing on the people on the ground or did she just feel that they were there and had enough confidence to trust her instinct and find them. Only time will tell.
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

It is very selective, more focused on who they are and their past, but stops short of knowledge how to do stuff. (Of course it'd be a very short show if they had a total memory wipe and didn't know how to walk, talk or feed themselves)

Granted this is scifi at an undetermined time and level of tech, but such a selective memory wipe would take a good level of technical know how.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I might not be remembering this correctly, but I think the android might have mentioned that specific corporation as a rival to Ferrous at some point.

Comment

I've got no problem with her being able to contact another corporation, my only problem is with how little time it all took. It felt like it only took an hour or two to go out and find the corp, explain what was going on, make a deal and then come back to the planet...

Other than that I enjoyed the episode.

Comment

I tend to agree with the comments on the acting. But these are mostly unknowns; maybe they'll get better with more experience under their belts as time goes on. But for now, the best one is Roger Cross, who plays Travis on "Continuum".

Hero boy (1) could die off any hour now, I won't miss him. He's just not believable to me.

It might take a while for this to hit its stride. I'll probably keep watching (it's not as if there is much else out there atm) but if it doesn't improve dramatically, it may not get enough viewers to get renewed anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X