• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 1

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    The crew of a space vessel awaken from stasis with no memory of who they are or the nature of their mission, and must work together to find answers when the ship arrives at a remote mining colony.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 August 2015, 04:24 PM.

I rather enjoyed the first episode.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

It was ok. Hopefully episode 2 will be better. I'll continue to watch but whether I would rewatch is still up in the air. (Maybe I was overwhelmed from Defiance.)

Comment

Just watched and it gets a thumbs up from me. I have high hopes for it going onwards.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought the acting was bad for most of the actors. The black guy from 24 was the only good actor. The girl with blue hair was ok also but she didn't get much camera time. The lady playing the android I've seen before and hated her work on Lost Girl. Her lack of range might work for a android though.

The story was good. I did like the reveal in the second episode at the end. Probably should have combined ep 1 and ep 2 into one thread since they aired back to back.

I didn't hate the show so I'll stick around. I think the show will pickup. I can see the potential the show has.

Comment

Well i watched it.
            1. is it good? yes
            2. am i impressed? definitly not.
            3.can it be improved? definitely but i doubt it that it will be improved much.
            4. is this the show that can bring back space series in tv? no

And by the way it seems that syfy either can't or doesn't want to spend some money for good actors or decent cgi.

I don't know what's wrong with syfy executives. They trully want a channell of campy sci fi/fantasy or they don't have a clue of what good sci fi is?

will i watch it? yes but only because there is no other space series right now.
            Last edited by pakar; 13 June 2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
              The story was good. I did like the reveal in the second episode at the end. Probably should have combined ep 1 and ep 2 into one thread since they aired back to back.
              Where are you? Syfy only ran Part 1 of the pilot last night. It would have made sense for them to run both parts of Dark Matter's pilot rather than two eps of Defiance, since it would be better to give the new show the exposure.

Comment

I only saw part one, also on SyFy.
                It was OK. I only watched because the writers were the Stargate Writers but I think it has potential. We'll have to see where they go with it.

Comment

I liked the first episode, and I'm really looking forward to the next one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                    Well i watched it.
                    1. is it good? yes
                    2. am i impressed? definitly not.
                    3.can it be improved? definitely but i doubt it that it will be improved much.
                    4. is this the show that can bring back space series in tv? no

And by the way it seems that syfy either can't or doesn't want to spend some money for good actors or decent cgi.

I don't know what's wrong with syfy executives. They trully want a channell of campy sci fi/fantasy or they don't have a clue of what good sci fi is?

will i watch it? yes but only because there is no other space series right now.
                    I wouldn't beat them up too much over the quality of the effects. Unless they are truly horrible ( I haven't watched it yet) , I would tend to be lenient here. Good SFX cost good money, and if they had presented a budget for top notch effects, the management might not have bought it. Be glad they are putting forth the effort they are; they could just as easily have gone for more reality/wrestling/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      I wouldn't beat them up too much over the quality of the effects. Unless they are truly horrible ( I haven't watched it yet) , I would tend to be lenient here. Good SFX cost good money, and if they had presented a budget for top notch effects, the management might not have bought it. Be glad they are putting forth the effort they are; they could just as easily have gone for more reality/wrestling/etc.

Well i'm not the kind of man who can just be satisfied because they didn't make something even worst. After all i can live without the SyFy channell in my life.And i did said that i'll continue watching ( for now anyway). For me only The Expanse and Childhood's end can now save them

Comment

I enjoyed the episode and I think the series has potential.

Comment

I thought this was pretty good for a pilot episode, and am eagerly awaiting the next ep. There is definite potential.

Comment

Has potential, could have really done with airing the second episode straight after.
                            Last edited by knowles2; 14 June 2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Yes, it has potential. I'm very happy to see a new space sci-fi show. I enjoyed the first episode.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X