• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The World We Seize (301)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON THREE
    THE WORLD WE SEIZE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301
    Nolan and Irisa are freed from their underground confinement by a pair of aliens in search of dulamite. While searching for their children, Rafe and the Tarrs come upon a ruthless General working for the Votanis Collective — who is planning to invade and destroy Defiance.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 June 2015, 04:55 PM.

DAMN! Turned everything upside down there. Still a bit shocked.

An absolutely awesome opening episode(s).

Comment

^ A lot definitely happened! However, I was very disappointed of the two deaths that took place two of my favorite characters! I'm curious as to why they took that approach. Not loving Crazy Mom, but I don't think that will last for too long.
      Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
        ^ A lot definitely happened! However, I was very disappointed of the two deaths that took place two of my favorite characters! I'm curious as to why they took that approach. Not loving Crazy Mom, but I don't think that will last for too long.
        As I had to point out to someone on facebook, its a tv show so making such actions is designed for a reason. I'm sure you now hate General Rahm Tak and would like to see him dead and thus would watch the show to see him get what's coming.

Comment

Not liking the direction they are going with the characters they killed off.
          Otherwise strong start to Season 3

Comment

Loved the first 2 episodes of the season. Loved the beginning with the Omec(?) ship arriving. It looked really pretty/cool. The Omec father and daughter seem pretty interesting as well.
            I'm going miss Rafe (he was one of my favorites), and I was just starting to like Christie, but I like the way their deaths are affecting the other characters so far. Really looking forward to the next episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Somehow I'm wondering if we've really seen the last of Rafe.
              Christie gave her life for her child. Stahma didn't want to do it, but she had no choice.
              there was an unspoken understanding between them after Stahma spied the child.
              Be interesting to see where they go with Crazy Mom, Alak, and the child.
              And hell yeah we wanna see Rahm Tak get his!!

Comment

Unexpectedly good start.

I've somehow remembered that at times Defiance was fun in previous seasons, but at times dumb, cartoonish and just plain boring. I can now hope that it keeps on going the way Season 3 started.

Comment

That was a good opening but i reserve judgement until i'watch more episodes. In both previous seasons Defiance started with a good opening and then the sci fi plot went down to 5-6 min per episode with 40 min of soap opera.

Comment

That is simply not true even if Defiance was a soap opera. You can't have a story with only 5 minutes devoted to it. That's less than 2 commercial breaks.

As for the premiere I thought it was good. Defiance seems to have a tendency to improve on previous seasons. I thought S1 was boring and meh. S2 was quite good and if the premiere is any indication S3 will be even better. The mystery of the Omec has me intrigued of what their plan will be. I wasn't thrilled about all those McCawleys being killed off but I understand it was to show what kind of monster that Casthian general is. I guess my compliant would how stupid Alak was. He should of known better not to trust his mother-in-laws. In-laws are always evil
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Episode ratings

1.111. million viewers
                      0.23 adult rating

that was the worst season premiere of the show. 4th season is doubtful3

Comment

Comparing numbers flatly is unadvisable. It would mean more if you looked at SyFy's average and compared it to Defiance.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Defiance is an expensive show it's not 12 monkeys or z nation or olympus so it can't be compared with them . Now if they will renew it or not i don't know ( for the sake of its fans i hope they will do ) but in my humble opinion is doubtfull because it is expensive. Of course there is allways the possibility of a limited 4th season to close the story.
                          Last edited by pakar; 16 June 2015, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Sure it can. Yes its true it harder for more expensive shows to be renewed. That's why long running shows get cancelled despite having good numbers. You are however overestimating the expensiveness. You can't just look at substandard numbers and say it will be cancelled. Its more important to look how Defiance compares to rest of SyFy's schedule with emphasis on the numbers for the summer TV shows
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

It's already more than surprising Defiance had more than the very first season.

From that point of view, current ratings are almost immaterial. If you like Defiance, enjoy it while it lasts. (And that might go for any of the more expensive sci-fi shows Syfy is currently trying to launch.)

Comment

Working...
                              X