This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Planet Abydos

While watching Stargate the Movie again i noticed that the word 'Abydos' is not mentioned once. In fact theres no mention of a name.

Yeah, they didn't make that until the series. I guess they figured that Abydos was easier to say than 'The second planet we visited with the stargate'. Second becasue of the planet of heliopolis that ernest went to. They also changed it's point of origin symbol for the series, as well as the fact that it was in the Caelum Galaxy.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlueDragon
      While watching Stargate the Movie again i noticed that the word 'Abydos' is not mentioned once. In fact theres no mention of a name.
      Correct, I did the transcript for the movie, it does not appear once. The name Abydos only appeared in the promos for the movie such as toys, trading cards, etc. The TV PTPB decided to stick with that name. Devlin and Emmerich use the name Nagada to describe the city and its inhabitants in the novelization and "Making of" featurette.

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
        Correct, I did the transcript for the movie, it does not appear once. The name Abydos only appeared in the promos for the movie such as toys, trading cards, etc. The TV PTPB decided to stick with that name. Devlin and Emmerich use the name Nagada to describe the city and its inhabitants in the novelization and "Making of" featurette.
        Transcript? There's a transcript? Where? I searched for one a while back, couldn't find it. It wasn't even on Moon-Catchin.net, and they've got just about any sg transcript you could ever want.
        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
          Transcript? There's a transcript? Where? I searched for one a while back, couldn't find it. It wasn't even on Moon-Catchin.net, and they've got just about any sg transcript you could ever want.
          I've made it just a few weeks ago. I upped it onto here, its where moon-catchin gets their transcripts. You have to join that group to get access. Its under files>movie transcripts; I did the Director's Cut. If you dont want to join I can attach the file here or email it to you.

Comment

Well it was not said once but in the commentary track of the director's cut, Devlin calls the planet "Abydos", and I don't think the series rejected that the city was called Nagada, they just referred to the planet rather than the city on the planet. Dean Devlin seems to have actually watched the series, he was bitter about Kewalsky dying. But Emmerich? He didn't even know the name of the main character!

Comment

Working...
            X