Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expanse on SyFy: Discussion - Spoilers.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killjoys is a canadian production so I doubt the production values will be all that great. But hopefully it will still be a fun show.

The only other project at Syfy that I´m aware of is a mini-series about a generation ship, but imo mini-series don't really count

Never heard about a show from Joe Mallozzi. Has the show been picked up or is it still in the pilot stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      Killjoys is a canadian production so I doubt the production values will be all that great. But hopefully it will still be a fun show.

The only other project at Syfy that I´m aware of is a mini-series about a generation ship, but imo mini-series don't really count

Never heard about a show from Joe Mallozzi. Has the show been picked up or is it still in the pilot stage?
      It been picked up by someone and they have ordered 13 episodes. Joe and gang are currently writing the scripts and talking about space ship designs, costumes. But he isn't allowed to tell us any of the details. http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

They are hoping to announce it all at comic con. My money firmly on the show being base on his dark matter comics.
      If I were put my money down on who is ordering the show, it would be Netflix. They been hinting for a while at wanting to do a big sci fi show and been trying to get a new Star trek show launch for a while or at least there lot of talk about them trying to do it, and it like them to put in an order for 13 episodes without seeing a pilot.

Not sure how much space ships there will be in it but Scalzi Redshirts is also getting a tv series made about it.

Comment

The Expance was ordered by SYFY

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse

Comment

It sounds interesting - I watched the first and half of the second season of DEFIANCE but I gave it up - for a number of reasons but I really like the tone of The Expanse and with Thomas Jane being cased it sounds that it could be a good thing. We have to wait at least for the first trailer to see how the atmosphere of the show will look like. Fingers are crossed that Bear McCreary will be the composer, I was kind of disappointed that he did not score Ascension but then - he is not able to do everything, is he?
          sigpic

Comment

And the first trailer!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/the...syfys-new.html

Comment

looks good, though I have to say that the characters don't really look anything like what I imagined them looking like

Comment

Trailers and other promotional materials can be misleading, as we all learned from "Ascension". I'm waiting till after I see what this really is to say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Trailers and other promotional materials can be misleading, as we all learned from "Ascension". I'm waiting till after I see what this really is to say anything.
                  Unfortunately true

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                    looks good, though I have to say that the characters don't really look anything like what I imagined them looking like
                    I don't mind changes in the characters or even the plot but only if the changes are good, not like what they did with Riverworld. The trailer is really good and intersesting, the series looks like the best thing syfy did in the last.... years. but of course is just a trailer and can be misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                      The CGI looks awesome, the ships and the space stations and even the planets, sadly the acting looks amateurish, like the stuff you get in fan films.

Comment

filming ended
                        http://www.danielabraham.com/2015/03...another-thing/

Comment

Very excited about this show. Just started reading the books to kill the time until release.

Found this;

http://www.finances.com/company-news...he-expanse.htm

article claims q4 release

Comment

Originally posted by Katch View Post

article claims q4 release
                            If syfy has still viewers in october! so they will serve us Defiance made soap opera and the horrible Dominion in summer and we must wait till october for Expanse. Yeah, sure.

Comment

I don't mind waiting if it gives them enough time to make it better than I fear it might be. Besides, I want to re-read the first book and then read at least the second one before then.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                                I don't mind waiting if it gives them enough time to make it better than I fear it might be. Besides, I want to re-read the first book and then read at least the second one before then.
                                I don't thing they will made it better than they allready have done. In a previous post i posted a link which indicates that production ended.
                                And i'm tired of waiting. I waited almost 2 years for Blood and chrome and it didn't become a series. Then i waited for Defiance only to be dissapointed. And then i waited for Ascension and let's not even talk about that one. Not to mention Killjoys which started production 2 months earlier than the expanse and we know nothing about it's premiere date. In sy fy there is allways something coming but it never arrives.

Comment

Working...
                                X