Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expanse on SyFy: Discussion - Spoilers.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt the complete production has ended, only what is called 'principal photography.' Post-production adds all the special effects, music, etc., plus sometimes there is a need for re-shoots.

Comment

The problem is not the production of The Expanse per se. The problem is that syfy continuously promises and it doesn't deliver.When you order a pizza it is important that it will be delivered in time.Syfy found time and money for z nation, ascension, olympous etc but for serious sci fi it just promises.

Comment

a new spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF2IvmmWemo

Comment

I´m still looking forward to this.

As much as I like Tom Jane as an actor, he really does not fit my idea of what Detective Miller should look like. Hopefully his acting will manage to make up for it

Comment

Well that'a a surprise, Expanse is renewed for a second season before it's premiere!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/the...nd-season.html

Comment

The preview clip looked like Sir Ben Kingsly was there..

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                Well that'a a surprise, Expanse is renewed for a second season before it's premiere!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/the...nd-season.html
                Well, those tweets just mean someone wants to see more scripts, but that is encouraging news. Let's see if Syfy says something about it on Monday.

Comment

Just heard about this one. Looks interesting, I'm not familiar with the books. Lots of familiar faces. I'm happy to see Chad Coleman...

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse

ooops, I just saw the original thread, sorry!!!

Comment

New trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzGkPbpCQZ0

December looks like the date and Season 2 is green lit already. Must admit the new trailer is looking good in terms of production value and scale.

Now into the 3rd book on my read through and the source material is definitely good enough to sustain this series.

Comment

December, So it will be a hiatus around christmas and new year. 10 episodes and with a hiatus!! Great!

Comment

If they premiere it the same week as the Childhood's End mini-series it could get off to a good start, and then it might not matter about a short hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                          December, So it will be a hiatus around christmas and new year. 10 episodes and with a hiatus!! Great!
                          Taking a break the weeks of Christmas & New Years isn't a bad thing. Those are busy weeks and I can understand them not wanting to air when people would almost certainly DVR it. Remember, Live viewers are more desired by the advertisers. And if the advertisers aren't happy, no one is happy. In addition, with only 10 eps this year, a short break will make the run seem longer than it is.

The real problem is the half-seasons we're being trained to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

The real problem is the half-seasons we're being trained to accept.
                            True. After all it's allready a 5 books series so there is plenty of story to tell. And i think it would be better for them to do a 20 episodes season of The Expanse than filling their schedule with trash like Z nation or Olympus.

Comment

Its easier to write a great show when you only have to write 10-13 episodes, especially when its a show like the Expense which can't do filler episodes.

I know that I prefer getting fewer episodes if it means the quality of each episode is higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                                Its easier to write a great show when you only have to write 10-13 episodes, especially when its a show like the Expense which can't do filler episodes.

I know that I prefer getting fewer episodes if it means the quality of each episode is higher.
                                with 5 books of story? and i know many shows of 10-13 episodes which were simply mediocre or bad

Comment

Working...
                                X