Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expanse on SyFy: Discussion - Spoilers.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Actually, I think they do understand what we want to see; they have done more than a few shows I rate as excellent; Haven, Continuum, 12 Monkeys for example. Although it's not my cup of tea, I'll also credit them with Lost Girl, as it seems to have a very solid following.

Both Continuum and Lost girl are actually Canadian shows that Syfy just bought airing rights to, they don't produce them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      Both Continuum and Lost girl are actually Canadian shows that Syfy just bought airing rights to, they don't produce them.
      They still thought enough of them to put them on the schedule. Who knows what they might have put on instead? "Dancing with the WWE Master Chefs"?

Comment

Well they gave a 15 episode order for one of their shows. You want to know which? Znation!!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/z-n...ode-order.html

Great decision Syfy!

Comment

I Like Z Nation so I think that's cool
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

The creators of The Expanse are talking about it's tv adaptation:

http://www.blastr.com/2015-7-9/exclu...n-state-sci-fi

Comment

An updated promo (look for the 9th july update the others are older)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/the...syfys-new.html

well this is looking impressive, let's hope that Syfy has done something good for a change.

Comment

A very positive first review

http://io9.com/the-expanse-is-the-sh...ium=socialflow

Comment

I'm not reading the review or any other article about it, nor watching any trailers. I prefer to watch movies and TV as fresh and unspoiled as possible. It is enough for me to know that it is getting positive response, that Abraham and Franck are also impressed, and that Syfy has already ordered a second season.

I just wish it was December already.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this show a lot. I wish the wait for it wasn't so long.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but it does seem that Syfy might be serious about getting back into the epic SF arena. I thought 12 Monkeys was quite an improvement over several other recent shows, even though it was obviously low budget. According to Daniel Abraham, Syfy won the bidding war by offering a higher budget than any other network.

I'm looking at the other shows currently running as stop-gap measures, with both Dark Matter and Killjoys being acquisitions from Canadian networks, with little or no contributions from Syfy for the production budgets. They're not even getting a lot of ad revenue from the broadcasts, since their own promos for other shows far outweigh the legitimate commercials.

I've just been reading headlines for articles, not the full write-up, nor watching the latest trailers, but it seems everyone else is impressed so far, including Abraham and Franck. That WETA is doing at least some of the FX is a good sign. The interior studio sets might not be that great, but if the ships, planets and asteroids look good it will go a long way to getting me on board.

On the other hand, if all of this is just posturing and self-aggrandizing promotion and the end result doesn't impress me, and I'll say the same for Childhood's End, this will probably be the last chance I give Syfy. I've been burned too many times, and my cable bill is excessive anyway, I might drop it all together and go internet only.

Comment

i'm allready out of syfy. I'm not interested in anything in their current programming and what i'm reading for their next years shows (Hunters, The machine etc) most propably i will not watch any of these. The Expanse is the only thing i'm interested (and Childhood's end but that is a 3 nights event) so if it will be good it will be the only syfy show that i'll watch

Comment

When do I get to nibble this tasty morsel. The last space based series that sated my appetite was Andromeda, though Dark Matter does seem to be a decent chewy piece for snacks. I'm all for devouring another space opera but it better be soon because I'm ravenous and may just grab any take a way SciFi if I have to wait too long...and that will just give me indigestion and a sour disposition...and we dont want that do we.

So when does the banquet begin?

Comment

All they're saying now is December, no specific date yet.

Comment

What year bah humbug?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
                                What year bah humbug?
                                This year!

Comment

Working...
                                X