Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expanse on SyFy: Discussion - Spoilers.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've cast Bobbie Draper for Season 2.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-4-14/excl...ition-season-2

Comment

I have it on Blu-ray, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, since I've been trying to catch up on other shows that I watch. I'm kind of disappointed to hear that there isn't much in the way of extras, but I'm looking forward to watching the series again on BD anyway.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
        They've cast Bobbie Draper for Season 2.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-4-14/excl...ition-season-2
        Huh. I pictured Bobbie as a Samoan version of Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones). More than just tall. Also BIG. Strong. Heavy. Muscled.

At a bit over two meters tall, she was only slightly above average height for a Martian male, but thanks in part to her Polynesian ancestry, she weighed in at over a hundred kilos at one g. None of it was fat, but her muscles seemed to get bigger every time she even walked through a weight room. As a marine, she trained all the time.

Comment

I'm sure they had to compromise between the right ethnicity and someone with not only acting experience but who could also do the physically demanding stuff. Frankie is also an amateur boxer, and she is six feet tall. Besides, even when she won't be wearing body armor I'd bet they could do some tweaking of CGI to make her look heavier.

Comment

I absolutely loved the Expanse and I cannot wait for Season 2!

I didn't even know they were based off of novels when I watched it, but time permitting, I'll add those to my lengthy list of "someday" reading material.

The show hit just as I was in a mood for some hard sci-fi...having just purchased the Eclipse Phase RPG and backing the Mindjammer RPG Kickstarter.

I also loved the noir-aspect of Thomas Jane's storyline.

For anyone familiar with the setting of Decipher's WARS TCG...were you making any mental comparisons too? I couldn't help but see the human factions of WARS (Earther, Gongen, Mavericks) represented in the show.

Anyway, I had a blast and hope to see Season 2 before long.

Comment

This is about 30 min long, but I enjoyed it. It gives a recap of season 1, has some behind the scenes stuff too, season 2 sneak peek.

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/video...panse-expanded

Comment

YAY! The Expanse has been renewed for a third season! When I saw the news about the 12 Monkeys renewal earlier, I was hoping that we'd get news on The Expanse today as well.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/the-expa...fy-1202045014/
                sigpic

Comment

Read a few select comments have to agree, great Sci fi. I would think of it more as a space based detective story.
                  vvv-Spoilers-vvv
                  Spoiler:
                  Understand they're going to have a Einstein-Rosen Bridge/stargate later in the show.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 09 January 2018, 12:44 PM. Reason: Tagged it foryou.:)

Comment

do we have a date yet for season three premiere? The Expanse and 12 Monkeys are the only shows I have been watching on Syfy. I've been going to the website but have only seen 2018.

Comment

So far both the wore and IMDB list only 2018.

Comment

Hey mods/Darren, can we get season three episode discussions up in this area since the show has returned?
                        sigpic

Comment

Will do! Sorry for the delay.

~Darren

Comment

Thank you Darren
                            sigpic

Comment

I just finished the series and loved it.

However the rings, Stargates much? come on?

I know nothing is original any more but they're like Stargates but without the dialing.

But I FREAKING LOVE THE SHOW.

Chrisjen is awesome.

But the aliens are kind of boneheads, why would you create something so dangerous like the protomolecule and unleash it on unsuspecting solar systems? I get it they don't care but why would you make stuff like this?

I kept thinking protoculture haha, but that was Robotech.

Now that we have a season 4 will we find out more about them or will it be like cryptic soup and we have to muddle through cryptic clues which I find an annoying trope and overused.
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                …But the aliens are kind of boneheads, why would you create something so dangerous like the protomolecule and unleash it on unsuspecting solar systems? I get it they don't care but why would you make stuff like this?...
                                It's quite possible that was the reason why the
                                Spoiler:
                                unseen scary aliens fragged their civilization.
                                Last edited by The Shrike; 30 September 2018, 03:51 PM. Reason: spoilers

Comment

Working...
                                X