Way out there in wayward pines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way out there in wayward pines

Curious little number this by the King of Weird M. Night Shyamalan (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, After Earth, Signs).

This one, straight out of the pages of Twilight Zone, seems a further development on his The Village theme and owes much to Twin Peaks and Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner
    Great to see Matt Dillon on the small screen as the main character, a secret service dude travelling into the mountainous wilds of Idaho in search of two missing agents. Surviving a car accident he wakes in the very odd hospital of Wayward Pines where they attempt to cure him through lobotomy. He escapes with the assistance of the only person who seems on his side (but is she?) and finds the sheriff is part of a group holding the population in this idyllic township, which nobody can leave. Thus begins our THE PRISONER story.

Good weird start. Lets see if it can maintain the ongoing high standard of McGoohan's famed work.

I watched it and I really enjoyed the first episode, off to a good start, really enjoyed the creepy vibe that it had hope theres more of that

it kind of reminds me slightly of an nbc show a few years ago that only got one season called Persons Unknown that also started out as a mini series but did not continue past 1 season, so I hope that Wayward Pines does see past 1 season

ill be watching more
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

From what I know this series covers one book, there is a trilogy of 'Pines' books in all (Pines, Wayward and The Last Town), but that's as far as I went in research as I saw mention of a major 'reveal' about Wayward that I didn't want to know about but at a guess, everything I've read bills this as a special event miniseries, so it may never get past series one, but if it does, there's more stories to tell.*

It reminded me a little bit of Eureka, secret town cut off from the rest of the world, social experiment etc. etc.
      It looked pretty good, I too, shall be watching more.

*totally just my opinion based on googling the author of the book which is as far as I went, or it could be the series covers all three books, I don't know, nor do I want to know

Comment

Second episode was ok to. I will watch this for sure.
        Especially for the part that it airs 6 hours before us on my home tv Fox Baltics or something.
        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Capital punishment, eeek.

Comment

I watched the first episode a little bit after it came out, and thought it was ok, but kind of boring. I recently watched episodes 2 and 3 and I really liked them a lot. I'm looking forward to the next one now.
            sigpic

Comment

In 6th episode they explain why and how they are there but.
              Spoiler:
              If year is 4028 then how did this town get all these cars and helicopter ? You cant but machine in to a sleep and wake it up after 2012 years later and it's not rusted to dust.
              sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Yeah I think they're being fed porkies about that. But then it would explain why

Spoiler:
                the girl has been there 12 years, but the other cop just a few days after she went missing three weeks previous

I don't have the first episode anymore, but does the good doctor have long hair in that final scene like he was portrayed as having in the past like they showed in the later 'flashbacks'?

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                  In 6th episode they explain why and how they are there but.
                  Spoiler:
                  If year is 4028 then how did this town get all these cars and helicopter ? You cant but machine in to a sleep and wake it up after 2012 years later and it's not rusted to dust.
                  Rust is a chemical reaction, if they remove the oxygen from the environment they were stored and created a complete vacuum they wouldn't rust.

I more concern about where they are getting their jet fuel and petrol from as they can only be stored for a years before degrade and become useless.

Comment

Well for one vehicle i understand the theory of vacuum, but for entire village cars busses and helicopter. Think of the size of the room where to storage all the vehicles and then vacuum seal them in.
                    Im still thinking of the Plymouth that was buried in the 60's or so and after they excavated it out it was rusted and the plastic bag that was covering it didnt hold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6aoM8eG0c

Comment

I'm probably the only one who liked the first episodes, then tolerated the next ones and lastly am happy I likely won't have to suffer through any more seasons. Sorry it wasn't bad it just filled me with so much.. dislike

Comment

Working...
                      X