Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GATECON UK - The Return - 12-15 November 2015

https://www.facebook.com/events/1437471909888071/

So far, Colin Cunningham, Cliff Simon, Suanne Braun & Erik Avari announced on the Facebook Page...

Hotel = Holiday Inn, Brentford Lock, London TW8 8GA

Tickets on Sale soon....

http://www.gatecon.com/

Nice to have some more competition in the UK for Stargate-related Conventions...hope the turn-out is generous enough to assure more to come....

Deeds xx

Note: this is GATECON which is nothing to do with the SG Creation Con, as I have seen some on Twitter who seem to be confusing the two in their tweets.....
    Last edited by discodiva; 09 June 2015, 12:00 PM.
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

W00t!

Comment

Should I hold my breath and hope for Teryl Rothery?
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateconstore.com/

VIP Earlybird and Banquet tickets now on sale..
        sigpic

Comment

Am keeping an eye on this. Haven't been to a Stargate convention since the Chevron with RDA. Been wanting to come back to another one.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

There's me hoping it would be held in Vancouver so I could attend. Too much money for me to go to the UK unfortunately.

I am happy Gatecon is back as I really enjoyed the last two I attended. I am looking forward to them coming back to Vancouver next year, or even better for the 20th anniversary of SG-1 as I know they will put on a great celebration for it and it would be nice to have a Stargate con back in Vancouver again.

Comment

And there's me complaining about living in the UK, wishing I was closer to America and Canada for the conventions over there!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
                And there's me complaining about living in the UK, wishing I was closer to America and Canada for the conventions over there!
                I used to live in the UK until I emigrated to Canada in 2005 and felt the same way, and now it's reversed lol! I did get to go to a few great Stargate conventions in Vancouver before the last one in 2012. I had to go to Chicago to get my Stargate con fix last year, can't afford it this year though.

I would have loved to go back, get to see my sister after 9 years as well as going to Gatecon.

Comment

Ben Browder just announced

https://www.facebook.com/events/1437471909888071/
                  sigpic

Comment

Gatecon in a bit of trouble already it seems....very low ticket sales so far...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1437...7688245533104/

Deeds xx
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                      Gatecon in a bit of trouble already it seems....very low ticket sales so far...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1437...7688245533104/

Deeds xx
                      That's a shame. Gatecon has given us such memorable cons in past years. Even if they cancel it and decide to try again next year in Vancouver the costs are still going to be high for people to attend unfortunately. I still think waiting for the 20th Anniversary of SG-1 and holding it in Vancouver in 2017 would encourage more people to get the cash together to go. I know I managed to get the cost of airfare and hotel together to go to Chicago last year when I thought it would be the last Stargate con in N.America. If it's in the UK I will try and get the airfare costs together just to be there to celebrate 20 years with the actors and fellow fans. Vancouver is still the better bet though as many more actors live close by so costs of getting them there will be less as well as having the locations people can visit, and who can resist a happy get together to reminisce and party on the 20th anniversary of a great show many still remember fondly.

Bring a Stargate con back to the Hilton in Burnaby, the hotel is on McKay street, appropriate name lol!

Comment

Well if Paul Brown and Gatecon with their "cryptic" posts on Facebook are anything to go by, I'd imagine they'd like to be planning something for next Summer in Vancouver.....lots of "hints" being dropped but nothing concrete....*sigh*...sadly in these days, the Convention business is full of "hints" and "promises" but sometimes many organisers fail to deliver.....

We shall see....we've had to curtail our travelling this year due to a heavy year of it last year (which I'm very grateful for btw) and a new car as well as other house and family commitments, but as the old man is 60 next May I'd LOVE to be able to celebrate his 60th Birthday Year sometime in Vancouver....it will depend on whether guests are enticing enough, (aka if Michael Shanks is somewhere in the mix ) and whether or not we can save enough for those horrifically expensive air fares across the Atlantic and Northern Americas....

Trust the one year I can't go to have exchange rates almost as high as they were pre-Recession

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah and OT, if I could give anything I would...

It's England ladies versus Canada ladies in Vancouver for the next round of the Womens World Cup....Quarter Final stage at BC Place...would LOVE to watch that, instead of catching it on the Beeb at some ungodly hour!!!

Can you tell I'm going through severe Vancouver withdrawal atm
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                            Oh yeah and OT, if I could give anything I would...

It's England ladies versus Canada ladies in Vancouver for the next round of the Womens World Cup....Quarter Final stage at BC Place...would LOVE to watch that, instead of catching it on the Beeb at some ungodly hour!!!

Can you tell I'm going through severe Vancouver withdrawal atm
                            No, I'd never guess that! lol! I still think you've spent more time in Downtown Vancouver than I have!

Now, who do I cheer for to go into the semi finals? I guess I can't really mind about whoever wins being the ex pat Brit living in Canada. I considered going to see the match but there is so much going on in Downtown Vancouver this weekend that travelling around there will be horrendous and the weather forecast is for 30c temperatures at the weekend! We'll more than likely sit in an air conditioned bar in Cloverdale with an ice cold beer to watch it.

At least I don't have the problem of watching it at an ungodly hour. It's enough I have to get up to watch the Wimbledon tennis final live at 6am now. I've watched the men's Wimbledon Final live every year since before I can't remember when!

Comment

With the strength of the US dollar right now I'm tempted to go, but I find the attitude of the organizers a little off-putting. I know it's a fan run con, but the relative uncertainties - like if this con will actually happen have me hesitating. I'm not a fan of Creation by any means, but there are certain 'knowns' with their cons. I am also a big fan of Showmaster/Chevron and hope their cons will continue.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X