Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    while ARROW has not really been up to season 2 quality
    Agreed. I've enjoyed it, but season 2 was just so good, it was hard for this year to live up to that standard.

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    Not sure how I feel about consolidating Flash/ARROW/LOT
    To me it seems silly not to consolidate. Aside from the fact that they'd be inviting even more discussion putting two popular series in one place, I find it puzzling that they're separated in the first place. The various Marvel movies & series are in one subfolder, Star Trek and Star Wars are single folders despite multiple media entries. Et cetera, et cetera...

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Glad I started investing more time in this TV universe. Dropped in and out of Arrow seasons 1 and 2, but only really started watching it week in week out for season 3.
    I highly recommend going through the first two seasons Admittedly season 1 takes some time to get going, but toward the end it really started to come out swinging. And season 2 was just excellent!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, I watched most of Season 1 and the whole of season 2 during the season 3 mid season break to understand all the references. Glad I did as the end of season 1 and season 2 were very good.

Comment

This should be good, although I never liked Caity Lotz I got used to her though on Arrow, maybe a slightly different character will fit her better.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Until the trailer, anyway. Really enjoyed the trailer, and now I'm quite looking forward to the series.
          My thoughts exactly

I wonder if Darren/whoever might consider consolidating Arrow/Flash/Legends into a single sub-forum instead of two sub-forums and a thread? They're all in the same universe, after all...
          I agree with this as well
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            This should be good, although I never liked Caity Lotz I got used to her though on Arrow, maybe a slightly different character will fit her better.
            I'm really hoping that she used her time away from Arrow to take some acting classes =\
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really liked Caity Lotz as Sara (Sara was one of my favorite characters in season 2). I don't think she's the best actress ever, but I don't think she's any worse than Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, or Emily Bett Rickards (IMO). I've seen her (Caity Lotz) in a couple of movies since then (season 2 of Arrow) and I've liked her in those as well.

Before the trailer came out, the only reason I was going to check this out because of who was going to be in it (Brandon Routh, Arthur Darvill, and Caity Lotz) and because it's in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash (I really like both shows, though I'm not the biggest fan of season 3 of Arrow). But the trailer made this show look really interesting, and now I'm really looking forward to it.

I think putting all the DC shows and movies in one folder like the Marvel stuff is a good idea.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
                If there was a mistake I aplogise but its happened a few times now and I've seen the items on the board one day and gone the next. Maybe there's a problem travelling the wind currents over the Pacific As for it appearing three times, the message must have hit a twister and gone round and round. Enough material there for a SciFi movie it would seem.
                No worries!

The posts you presumed vanished may only have been queued while you were still on Probie Status.
                I've rechecked through all your posts ,and they all went through bar one duplicate (that one was soft deleted while you were on Probie) ,but if your ISP,browser or operating system's been the source of the problem,or lagging's happened ,then posts can go off into the ether without being saved by the vbb electronic system.
                Check you're using the most current versions and add-ons/plug-ins attached to your browser.Also recheck your Windows updates.
                Just a thought,but you might have been noticing a difference between your post count and the number of actual posts you've made.Posts made in the OT Chatter section threads aren't included in our tallies.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

No decision's been taken yet by Darren on whether to create a DC folder.Just so y'all know!
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm really hoping that she used her time away from Arrow to take some acting classes =\
                    Please yes.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    I really liked Caity Lotz as Sara (Sara was one of my favorite characters in season 2). I don't think she's the best actress ever, but I don't think she's any worse than Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, or Emily Bett Rickards (IMO). I've seen her (Caity Lotz) in a couple of movies since then (season 2 of Arrow) and I've liked her in those as well.
                    I think the big thing that always struck me as odd was how she expresses emotions. I can't quite put my finger on it, he faces just seems rigid or something and it always struck me as odd. I did get used to it eventually, but I wasn't upset at all to see her go.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know i will be watching this when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        I think the big thing that always struck me as odd was how she expresses emotions. I can't quite put my finger on it, he faces just seems rigid or something and it always struck me as odd. I did get used to it eventually, but I wasn't upset at all to see her go.
                        I didn't have a problem with the way she expressed emotions on Arrow or the movies I've seen her in. I've seen some say that Stephen Amell is stiff and wooden and can't express emotion either, but I think both are fine for they damaged sort of characters they play(ed) on Arrow. The way Caity Lotz speaks though, did take me a little bit to get used to on Arrow. She seemed to have a bit of a lisp that I found distracting at first (Paul Blackthorne's accent/voice on this show was distracting for me at first too, because he seems to speak with a lisp).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                          No decision's been taken yet by Darren on whether to create a DC folder.Just so y'all know!
                          Not pressuring or whining! Clearly they get their own separate traffic and they're just a couple clicks apart. I just think it's a good idea, is all

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            I didn't have a problem with the way she expressed emotions on Arrow or the movies I've seen her in. I've seen some say that Stephen Amell is stiff and wooden and can't express emotion either, but I think both are fine for they damaged sort of characters they play(ed) on Arrow. The way Caity Lotz speaks though, did take me a little bit to get used to on Arrow. She seemed to have a bit of a lisp that I found distracting at first (Paul Blackthorne's accent/voice on this show was distracting for me at first too, because he seems to speak with a lisp).
                            I've never heard Blackthorne speaking with a Lisp when being Malcomb..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              I've never heard Blackthorne speaking with a Lisp when being Malcomb..
                              John Barrowman is Malcolm, Paul Blackthorne is Quentin, to me he sounds lispy or sounds like he's mumbling sometimes (I think it might be because of the accent he's using on Arrow). I think he's a really good actor though, and I like Quentin as a character.
                              sigpic

Comment

DOH.. Sorry wrong guy.
                                But even with the corrected actor/role, i have never (or can't remember) him ever speaking in a lisp. Mumble, yes. BUT so do i.

Comment

Working...
                                X