Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow

I really liked Caity Lotz as Sara (Sara was one of my favorite characters in season 2). I don't think she's the best actress ever, but I don't think she's any worse than Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, or Emily Bett Rickards (IMO). I've seen her (Caity Lotz) in a couple of movies since then (season 2 of Arrow) and I've liked her in those as well.

Before the trailer came out, the only reason I was going to check this out because of who was going to be in it (Brandon Routh, Arthur Darvill, and Caity Lotz) and because it's in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash (I really like both shows, though I'm not the biggest fan of season 3 of Arrow). But the trailer made this show look really interesting, and now I'm really looking forward to it.

I think putting all the DC shows and movies in one folder like the Marvel stuff is a good idea.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by bearfax View Post
    If there was a mistake I aplogise but its happened a few times now and I've seen the items on the board one day and gone the next. Maybe there's a problem travelling the wind currents over the Pacific As for it appearing three times, the message must have hit a twister and gone round and round. Enough material there for a SciFi movie it would seem.
    No worries!

The posts you presumed vanished may only have been queued while you were still on Probie Status.
    I've rechecked through all your posts ,and they all went through bar one duplicate (that one was soft deleted while you were on Probie) ,but if your ISP,browser or operating system's been the source of the problem,or lagging's happened ,then posts can go off into the ether without being saved by the vbb electronic system.
    Check you're using the most current versions and add-ons/plug-ins attached to your browser.Also recheck your Windows updates.
    Just a thought,but you might have been noticing a difference between your post count and the number of actual posts you've made.Posts made in the OT Chatter section threads aren't included in our tallies.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

No decision's been taken yet by Darren on whether to create a DC folder.Just so y'all know!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'm really hoping that she used her time away from Arrow to take some acting classes =\
    Please yes.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I really liked Caity Lotz as Sara (Sara was one of my favorite characters in season 2). I don't think she's the best actress ever, but I don't think she's any worse than Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, or Emily Bett Rickards (IMO). I've seen her (Caity Lotz) in a couple of movies since then (season 2 of Arrow) and I've liked her in those as well.
    I think the big thing that always struck me as odd was how she expresses emotions. I can't quite put my finger on it, he faces just seems rigid or something and it always struck me as odd. I did get used to it eventually, but I wasn't upset at all to see her go.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Major General

I know i will be watching this when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spimman View Post
    I think the big thing that always struck me as odd was how she expresses emotions. I can't quite put my finger on it, he faces just seems rigid or something and it always struck me as odd. I did get used to it eventually, but I wasn't upset at all to see her go.
    I didn't have a problem with the way she expressed emotions on Arrow or the movies I've seen her in. I've seen some say that Stephen Amell is stiff and wooden and can't express emotion either, but I think both are fine for they damaged sort of characters they play(ed) on Arrow. The way Caity Lotz speaks though, did take me a little bit to get used to on Arrow. She seemed to have a bit of a lisp that I found distracting at first (Paul Blackthorne's accent/voice on this show was distracting for me at first too, because he seems to speak with a lisp).

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    No decision's been taken yet by Darren on whether to create a DC folder.Just so y'all know!
    Not pressuring or whining! Clearly they get their own separate traffic and they're just a couple clicks apart. I just think it's a good idea, is all
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I didn't have a problem with the way she expressed emotions on Arrow or the movies I've seen her in. I've seen some say that Stephen Amell is stiff and wooden and can't express emotion either, but I think both are fine for they damaged sort of characters they play(ed) on Arrow. The way Caity Lotz speaks though, did take me a little bit to get used to on Arrow. She seemed to have a bit of a lisp that I found distracting at first (Paul Blackthorne's accent/voice on this show was distracting for me at first too, because he seems to speak with a lisp).
    I've never heard Blackthorne speaking with a Lisp when being Malcomb..

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I've never heard Blackthorne speaking with a Lisp when being Malcomb..
    John Barrowman is Malcolm, Paul Blackthorne is Quentin, to me he sounds lispy or sounds like he's mumbling sometimes (I think it might be because of the accent he's using on Arrow). I think he's a really good actor though, and I like Quentin as a character.

Major General

DOH.. Sorry wrong guy.
    But even with the corrected actor/role, i have never (or can't remember) him ever speaking in a lisp. Mumble, yes. BUT so do i.

I Think everyone mumbles

ive never heard Paul Blackthorne lisp, or Caity for that matter, maybe im just not paying attention to that

Im actually kind of glad that they used the Lazarus pit and not time travel for Sara's resurrection, I have kind of missed her as black canary on season 3 of ARROW

I like that both ATOM and Captain Cold are team members in Legends of Tomorrow, and I cant wait to see more of Hawk Girl she was one of my favourites in the Justice League animated series, hopefully we will get an introductory episode in either Flash or ARROW before Legends of Tomorrow premiers, I think it would be best If we get an introductory episode in flash rather than arrow seems to fit more on The Flash
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; May 20th, 2015 at 10:19 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

I'm not bothered by the way either actor speaks (I was never really that bothered by it, it was more just something I noticed that I found a little bit distracting at first, especially since sometimes I listen to what's going on instead of watch).
    Yeah, I think everyone mumbles sometimes; sometimes I speak so low, no one can hear me LOL.

I'm also glad they seem to have used the Lazarus Pit instead of time travel. I was disappointed when Sara died on Arrow, I was hoping that they wouldn't kill her as a part of Laurel's journey and that they would just do something else with her, so I'm glad that they are bringing her back (even if she'll be a bit different).

Since it's not starting until Winter or Spring, maybe they'll lead into it in both series. Like, maybe not have a whole episode devoted to it, but have things that are more in the background of both series that lead up to the new series. If they do an introductory episode, I also think it would work better on The Flash than Arrow.
    Last edited by VampyreWraith; May 21st, 2015 at 06:17 AM.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    I like that both ATOM and Captain Cold are team members in Legends of Tomorrow, and I cant wait to see more of Hawk Girl she was one of my favourites in the Justice League animated series, hopefully we will get an introductory episode in either Flash or ARROW before Legends of Tomorrow premiers, I think it would be best If we get an introductory episode in flash rather than arrow seems to fit more on The Flash
    Maybe we already did. She could have been one of the bystanders looking up at the forming blackhole?

Maybe we already did. She could have been one of the bystanders looking up at the forming blackhole?
    She was. She was the one they showed looking up at the sky right after they showed Snart/Cold looking up. And there was also a shot of the 'Legends' in Barry's Speed-Force visions.
    Last edited by DigiFluid; May 21st, 2015 at 03:42 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/get-your...irl-in-costume
    First look at Hawkman and Hawkgirl

New trailer! This looks awesome!

Major General

I loved it.. Especially Freezes' comment near the end of "God, i love the 70's!"

I loved it.. Especially Freezes' comment near the end of "God, i love the 70's!"
    That would be Heat Wave, but the point stands.

What a fantastic trailer.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    That would be Heat Wave, but the point stands.

What a fantastic trailer.

Ghha.. mixed the 2 up..

Jaw-droppingly good introduction to the new series. Good to see this universe expanding (even if I'm a Flash more than an Arrow fan). Love the hawks already.