Probie

Default SPOILERS AHEAD: My Personal Cylon God Theory

I believe 'God' is actual some kind of other wordly artificial intelligence guiding the pieces on the board of the BSG universe to get them to Earth. He has chosen each person for their specific destiny for a reason, or she, or it.

The reason I think this is at the tale end of the series where the 'Baltar Angel' says, "You know it doesn't like to be called that." As in, whatever the AI is, if it's an AI as I think that it is, probably doesn't like that its being deified. I don't think it necessarily brings Kara back to life as she becomes part of its 'consciousness'. It's overlaid programming in the universe.

Perhaps it is the computer program that the universe is made from, popular sci-fi theories of how we are all just one giant experiment, the universe was built by a highly advanced and evolved civilization that knows how each revolution of it's creation plays out.

Now I'm not denying the possibility that it could be a true 'God' behind everything as the show kept the ambigious theology going right up to the end, with that last line by the Baltar Angel to be a tease that 'things are not what they seem'. It makes me glad that they didn't explain it, so we could theorize like this.

BSG re-imagined remains my favorite Sci-Fi series to date and these are some of the reasons why. I would be interested in hearing thoughts on my hypothesis.

Second Lieutenant
    10.000 light years from Earth and going farther

Default Re: SPOILERS AHEAD: My Personal Cylon God Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Buckingthestar102781 View Post
    I believe 'God' is actual some kind of other wordly artificial intelligence guiding the pieces on the board of the BSG universe to get them to Earth. He has chosen each person for their specific destiny for a reason, or she, or it.

The reason I think this is at the tale end of the series where the 'Baltar Angel' says, "You know it doesn't like to be called that." As in, whatever the AI is, if it's an AI as I think that it is, probably doesn't like that its being deified. I don't think it necessarily brings Kara back to life as she becomes part of its 'consciousness'. It's overlaid programming in the universe.

Perhaps it is the computer program that the universe is made from, popular sci-fi theories of how we are all just one giant experiment, the universe was built by a highly advanced and evolved civilization that knows how each revolution of it's creation plays out.

Now I'm not denying the possibility that it could be a true 'God' behind everything as the show kept the ambigious theology going right up to the end, with that last line by the Baltar Angel to be a tease that 'things are not what they seem'. It makes me glad that they didn't explain it, so we could theorize like this.

BSG re-imagined remains my favorite Sci-Fi series to date and these are some of the reasons why. I would be interested in hearing thoughts on my hypothesis.
    That's definitely an interesting and acceptable ( from an interpretative view point) explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckingthestar102781 View Post

Not so far from my own theory. I too think that the "God" of nuBSG is an alien, advanced race. Further, I believe that race to be the Seraphs or "Beings of Light" from Galactica TOS.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Second Lieutenant
    10.000 light years from Earth and going farther

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Not so far from my own theory. I too think that the "God" of nuBSG is an alien, advanced race. Further, I believe that race to be the Seraphs or "Beings of Light" from Galactica TOS.
    they could be something like A.C.CLARKE'S Firstborn (the black monolith's makers) or pehaps very advanced humans from the far future.

Probie

Very fascinating indeed, personally ive always thought the Cylons could be simplified into a mere experiment gone wrong, a sort of corrupted file. Although this doesn't explain how some Cylons work with the BSG team.

In NuBSG, "the experiment going wrong" was the machines created by humans becoming self-aware.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine