No announcement yet.

Hardhome (508)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didnt the WWs lead with throwing all those Wights off the cliff?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      Why didnt the WWs lead with throwing all those Wights off the cliff?
      Playing with their food, perhaps? Remember they did not exactly expect resistance in the form of Valyrian steel. After the WW soldier was killed by Jon that's when the Night's King threw in everything else.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        But you said that the White Walker lieutenants raise the dead by turning them into White Walkers. But that isn't what happens. The undead servants are called "Wights."

You asked why the Wildings would try to fight if nothing can kill White Walkers. But conventional attacks can destroy Wights.

And the White Walkers themselves weren't necessarily slow and shambling and it's not the reason they were called White Walkers.
        <Mod Snip>

I used to watch all the shows in reruns....now I just 'spin on'.

The girl in the elders meeting said that 'you can run away from them maybe, but not defeat them'. So they knew how effective fighting the 'what ever you call them' [WEYCT]....Yet when the WEYCT show up they stand their ground and try to defeat them instead of running away into the sea.

I gather the season finally is 'disappointing'.
        Last edited by Skydiver; 10 June 2015, 03:19 AM.
        SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

The Nightswatch and Wildling warriors stood and fought the army of wights because they were giving the other people behind the wall time to run. If you were paying attention it would be obvious that there was not enough rowboats for hundreds of people at once.
          sigpic

Comment

Like the case of the wildling mother, they sacrificed their lives so the others could live.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

nonsense , its called the fight or flight response. It grips all when faced with terror situations. They would all have fled in panic since they are clearly not any thing resembling an army or an organised force.

Glad 'the Onion' is starting to spoof this show since its clearly going down hill fast.

But South Park was the best spoof of all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjzC2DRgEo4
              SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

if it comes down to wildlings vs walkers I'm still rooting for the walkers (ykw since season 4)

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                  nonsense , its called the fight or flight response. It grips all when faced with terror situations. They would all have fled in panic since they are clearly not any thing resembling an army or an organised force.
                  Yes. The FIGHT or FLIGHT. The ones who chose to stand chose the former, while the rest chose the latter.

The wildlings may not be organized but they are still a hardy people who have lived a tough life. I wouldn't be so quick to judge them all cowards.
                  sigpic

Comment

IMHO, they're nowhere near cowards. They knew what they were facing. THe strong chose to fight to try and let the weaker get on the boats....with the vain hope that they'd win and be able to escape themselves. It's a situation that's played out thousands of times over the years.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                      ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Wow what a phenomenal episode! I'm talking specifically about the White Walkers scenes, I mean, I was simply in awe of it all. I did not think it was going to get this real this quickly with the White Walkers.

Hopefully Olly does not pull something stupid later in the season. His talk with Sam made me feel like he was about to go off and do something that no one will understand but that will be right in the long run (or so it would seem to him). Like not letting the Wildings in through the tunnel somehow, or something against Jon Snow.

Comment

Working...
                        X