• Show
Clear All

OH MY GOD.... that was amazing
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I had the same thought, that the dragons would have made short work of the walkers. That or the stone men (although the stone men seem to be rather hard to control)

Dany does have the right idea, as long as the spokes on the wheel - the families - spend their days fighting amongst themselves, they will lose. They have to work together to survive winter.

I'm starting to wonder if winter is less a season and more an attitude. Winter is 'everyone for themselves and frak the others' while summer is 'we may hate each other but we co-exist'
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Isnt the weather in the North getting worse though? Thats why Stannis wanted to move out sooner rather than later and is now stuck because of snow...

Comment

Giant stomping on zombies. Giant swinging a tree trunk knocking zombies around. The giant is the true hero that will save the world.

Comment

This show is being dragged out and going down hill. White walkers were originally presented almost like slow zombies of the previous decades...thus the names '....walkers' and now seem like they have caught the RAGE virus typical of resent zombie type movies.

The wildlings seemed like they had never encountered these WW before. Every thing we've been shown to date is that nothing can kill them....so why stand about firing arrows and wait to do close battle. Run away would be the first thing they would have done had they any experience with WW.

There were many boats in the harbor and these WW seemed to avoid water.

The important part seems to be these WW Lieutenants that have the power to raise the dead by turning them into WW. I would think the Nights Watch should be fashioning some 'dragon glass' tipped arrows especially to target these WW Lieutenants ...
            SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
              This show is being dragged out and going down hill. White walkers were originally presented almost like slow zombies of the previous decades...thus the names '....walkers' and now seem like they have caught the RAGE virus typical of resent zombie type movies.
              The first time we see a white walker it was collecting a baby and didn't act slow at all. The first time we see a wight it is moving like a normal person. Neither wights or white walkers have ever been slow on this show. When they attacked Bran and company they were as fast as ninjas.

Comment

My theory is that as winter approaches the White Walkers and their magic get more powerful, which is why the wights have become faster. It would explain a lot.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  My theory is that as winter approaches the White Walkers and their magic get more powerful, which is why the wights have become faster. It would explain a lot.
                  Thats what I was thinking as well...

Comment

These are NOT zombies.
                    These are literally dead bodies raised by magic. There is a HUGE difference.

Comment

Originally posted by LastActionHero View Post
                      These are NOT zombies.
                      These are literally dead bodies raised by magic. There is a HUGE difference.
                      Since no such creatures exist -therefore these are all just figments of imagination fitting into the writers 'apriori notions' so drawing on others genre is valid. There is always the 'suspension of disbelief threshold', which this show risks a lot.

The wife nailed it the first time she saw them...'oh god not another stupid zombie show.'

The only thing that makes it different is the so called magic control. This is similar to massed drone attacks from a command platform. Destroy command platform or interrupt the signal and the critters + threat ,should collapse.

I would be advising them to make as many 'dragon glass' tipped arrows as possible and exclusively target any 'White Walkers lieutenant's' .

Comment

The wildlings seemed like they had never encountered these WW before. Every thing we've been shown to date is that nothing can kill them....so why stand about firing arrows and wait to do close battle. Run away would be the first thing they would have done had they any experience with WW.

There were many boats in the harbor and these WW seemed to avoid water.

The important part seems to be these WW Lieutenants that have the power to raise the dead by turning them into WW. I would think the Nights Watch should be fashioning some 'dragon glass' tipped arrows especially to target these WW Lieutenants ...
                        You seem to be confusing White Walkers with their undead servants. The people they raise from the dead aren't White Walkers.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          You seem to be confusing White Walkers with their undead servants. The people they raise from the dead aren't White Walkers.
                          No, just searching for the same terms posters use.

Comment

But you said that the White Walker lieutenants raise the dead by turning them into White Walkers. But that isn't what happens. The undead servants are called "Wights."

You asked why the Wildings would try to fight if nothing can kill White Walkers. But conventional attacks can destroy Wights.

And the White Walkers themselves weren't necessarily slow and shambling and it's not the reason they were called White Walkers.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

So...let's see if I get this right

White Walkers can raise the dead. They can only be killed by an obsidian blade (and possibly fire)

Wights are the undead, raised by the White Walkers. They can be killed by conventional means - beheading, spear to the head, etc....although being undead things like pain and fear really don't apply, and since they are the reanimated dead to kill them you must strike a fatal blow (stabbing a human in the gut may not kill them right away but will eventually through infection or blood loss, but since that doesn't apply to the Wights their bodies only 'die' when they are damaged to the point that they cannot move)

And all of them seem to be afraid or unable to handle water. (Which kinda doesn't make sense. If the Wights are dead, why don't they just walk along the ocean floor to get where they want to be?)
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think that's mostly right. Except I think fire is effective against Wights, not White Walkers. The one John killed didn't seem bothered by being in a burning building. Valerian Steel seems to be the second thing that can kill White Walkers.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X