• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardhome (508)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON FIVE
    HARDHOME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 508
    Arya takes the next step in her service to the Many Faced God, while Cersei struggles in her imprisonment. Sansa confronts Theon, and Tyrion attempts to convince Daenerys to let him live. And in the distant Wildling colony of Hardhome, Jon Snow and Tormund attempt to convince the Free Folk to make peace with the Night's Watch.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 June 2015, 11:39 PM.

Wow. Just wow. It's a straightforward episode. There's little to say except to utter exclamations.

Here's a question. Arya is now living as Lana, a girl who sells oysters. In the book, her name was Cat. Cat of the Canals. Why do you think TPTB changed her name to Lana? I can usually see reasons for deviations from the books, but this detail seems random.

Comment

Might be important later, so who knows.

However, I must say that that was an amazing episode of The Walking Dead.
      sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode so much. I wanted to say so here last night, right after I watched it, but I didn't want to be the first one to post in the thread just in case everyone else hated it lol. I hate when I'm all excited about how great I thought an episode was, but then everyone else is all like "wow, that was the worst episode ever". I'd rather read why people though it was the worst episode first, and then comment on why I loved it lol.

Maybe they changed it from Cat to Lana, so people wouldn't be reminded of/mistake Arya for Catelyn, since she was called Cat as well. It's silly, but they did change Asha's name to Yara, because it was too similar to Osha.
        sigpic

Comment

Terrific episode. The fighting at the end was soooo intense! What about Jon being able to kill the white walker? Maybe his sword has obsidian in it, or do you think it was something else?

I only gripe about the eppy is that some of the scenes were so dark that I had trouble seeing at times. Other than that -- Great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Booklover View Post
            Terrific episode. The fighting at the end was soooo intense! What about Jon being able to kill the white walker? Maybe his sword has obsidian in it, or do you think it was something else?

I only gripe about the eppy is that some of the scenes were so dark that I had trouble seeing at times. Other than that -- Great!!!
            Well his sword is made of Valeyrian steel which no one in Westeros has ever been able to replicate so it's possible.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
              Wow. Just wow. It's a straightforward episode. There's little to say except to utter exclamations.
              Thats exactly my reaction. And people were saying Game of Thrones was beginning to fall of its game...

Its most definately back after that! Winter is Coming! And I cant wait till it gets here tbh...

Comment

They've never gone into just what the white walkers are have they? Even in the books I don't think it's explained beyond the common analogy of zombies.

No explanation of what or why just that the wall was built to keep them in the north.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  Maybe they changed it from Cat to Lana, so people wouldn't be reminded of/mistake Arya for Catelyn, since she was called Cat as well.
                  Maybe so. I always figured that the connection to Catelyn was on purpose. Maybe Arya missed her mom and chose the name "Cat" to honor her.

For the series, maybe TPTB just didn't like the way the dialogue sounds when spoken out loud: "My name is Cat. I'm an orphan. When I was eight, I begged enough money to buy my first bucket of oysters."

versus "My name is Lana. I'm an orphan..."

Comment

Great episode, but so many questions & so much to speculate on.
                    I have not read the books, so I can not spoil anything (as far as I know)
                    Jon's sword, valerian steel. If that is what killed the Whitewalker, then I remember dear old tywin (God rest his soul) getting a Valerian sword melted down & made into two. One he gave to Joffrey (another charming chappie), which I suppose passed to Tommen, and the other to Jamie.
                    Could we see a final decisive battle with Jon, Jamie & Tommen standing shoulder to shoulder cutting Whitewalkers down?
                    Will Dany sail over & land at the wall, perch her dragons atop the wall & burn all the Whitewalker & undead to a crisp before they even touch the wall.
                    I loved the fighting, so much better than the Sandsnakes episode.
                    OK, Cercei is going to get hers (finally) I think, but what will happen to Margrey & her brother? Can they be saved?
                    I can't wait to find out, but unfortunately we only get 10 episodes a year, and with so many story-lines & locations to cover we could be here with seasons in double figures before we get answers.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

the situation with the white walkers is starting to remind me of babylon 5, the rangers out there fighting the shadows, while everyone back home is busy fighting each other, weve got the same here, a grave threat being fought while everyone else is just fighting each other, unaware.

Do we know how dragons might fare against white walkers, you would imagine quite well, seeing as they seem all icy, and I imagine a dragon could easily destroy corpses on the battlefield, seems this is really where dany should be

Comment

Potentially another advancement for Sansa, in a tiny little scene, she now knows that Bran and Rickon are alive, so she's not the only heir to Winterfell and Ramsay, in marrying her, possibly gained nothing since she's not the heir. And if she eventually becomes Lady Stoneheart, she has a cause to rally for, finding and putting her brothers back on the throne. (She also has no idea that Arya is alive)
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Where have they been all this time though? We know Bran is north of the wall and probably not appearing this season, but Rickon seems to have been forgotten... Or is it all leading to him coming back? Whatever happens, I cant wait to see the last two episodes...

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                            Maybe so. I always figured that the connection to Catelyn was on purpose. Maybe Arya missed her mom and chose the name "Cat" to honor her.

For the series, maybe TPTB just didn't like the way the dialogue sounds when spoken out loud: "My name is Cat. I'm an orphan. When I was eight, I begged enough money to buy my first bucket of oysters."

versus "My name is Lana. I'm an orphan..."
                            That could be it. That would be better than them thinking that people would be confused about which "Cat" Littlefinger is talking about when he mentions the name or wondering if Arya took her mother's face or something when she became Cat.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                              That could be it. That would be better than them thinking that people would be confused about which "Cat" Littlefinger is talking about when he mentions the name or wondering if Arya took her mother's face or something when she became Cat.
                              That and it might have something to do with the use of the name itself. We know Cat is short for Catelyn which is a noble name... they probably wanted a name that would sound to the audience more common.

Additionally, a man would know girl's mother's name. Since a man is trying to teach girl how to be someone else, allowing girl to use girl's mother's name may not be considered wise.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X