Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Supergirl tv series: News/General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by pjt View Post
    By the promos, it looks much more interesting than Mon-El being outed as [insert shocked smiley here] the Prince of Daxam.
    Worse kept secret EVER

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the show as gthe season s went on. It's got to the point that the only thing that's kept me watching this long is Lena Luthor. she's the best thing to happen in season 2 and the only reason I haven't given up the show yet. But if it continues the way it's going in season 3 then even Lena won't be able to keep me watching

Well, while Alex is in the show, I'll watch it for sure, no matter how many guys they try to throw at Kara, I'll just blatantly ignore it, and focus on Alex. Well, Alex and her gun. I ship them, I'm a proud #gunvers shipper.

Well, while Alex is in the show, I'll watch it for sure, no matter how many guys they try to throw at Kara, I'll just blatantly ignore it, and focus on Alex. Well, Alex and her gun. I ship them, I'm a proud #gunvers shipper.
    Oh Alex and her new gun. She is so in love And Kara and OJ is another

I'm just so fed-up with the Kara/Alex neglect as the season has progressed, it's only Lena that has kept me watching so far

That's part of the reason why I enjoyed Alex. Now they also need to work on #Maggun ship

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    Oh Alex and her new gun. She is so in love And Kara and OJ is another

I'm just so fed-up with the Kara/Alex neglect as the season has progressed, it's only Lena that has kept me watching so far
    Well, I don't know about others, but as close I was with my half sisters, when I met my now significant other, started living together, then had children, we kind of ended seeing each other less and less. Even more seldom since they have kids too.

You have a day job, you want to go home and tell your partner what a good, or disastrous day you had. And you may also call you siblings, or get together on a Friday evening dinner, or a Saturday afternoon get together, with lots of food, an occasional beers, but the point is, a significant other is that for a reason. He or she can't come after your siblings, because they aren't that significant, are they?

I miss the Kara/Alex potsticker eating, pillow throwing moments, but unless we pretend that Alex and Maggie are not in a serious relationship, and what I get coming of the screen is that they are, then they get to be the ones to hear the good news first, and be the ones to console the other in case of bad news.

I have the kind of relationship Alex has with Kara, and vice versa before there were significant others, with my sister.

We share a flat so that adds to the way we are but still. I can imagine if either of us were to meet someone that that would certainly change our dynamic towards each other, so I kinda feel like this is another natural progression in the Danvers' sister relationship. They will always be sisters who'll stick up for one another (see last episode) but there are others now in their lives which they are getting close to as well, sharing love and life. Ride or die!
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

This is a TV show, not real life and the sister relationship was the best thing about the show IMO. Now that it's almost no existent the show is suffering badly to me and it's frustrating that the writers are incapable of writing more than one meaningful relationship at a time. They could find a balance between the Alex/Maggie relationship and Alex/Kara relationship. They've either stopped caring about Alex/Kara or they are incapable of doing both

There was a rather interesting dynamic in Homecoming.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Jeezus folks, the whole thing is contrived, just like Smallville.
    SG could do with some better writers, sure, so could nearly every damn show on the air............
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Jeezus folks, the whole thing is contrived, just like Smallville.
    I totally disagree. Smallville's inhabitants were so inherently backwards, that I just stopped watching it after Season 1. I mean come on, how many times people need to see that Clark and the what-they-called-it are never together in the same place? Or how many head injuries, pixies, wizards, warlocks and loose magic is needed for them to forget they found him out??? Ugh, rant over, sorry. At least Lois & Clark did put a lampshade on it when they called Lois the most galactically stupid person on Earth.

So is Supergirl contrived? I believe after watching an invincible person flying because of yellow sun the rest comes easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    This is a TV show, not real life and the sister relationship was the best thing about the show IMO.
    Yes, this is a TV show, but particularly Alex's story, her coming out story was really true to life, I've heard many many people saying how it did hit home, how it made them relive their coming out feelings.

So yes, it's a tacky show about a flying alien girl, and the contrived villains of the week, but on the other hand it does tackle some very serious issues like sexism, equal rights, migrants, refugees, homophobia, etc.

It's far from being perfect, I say that they have majorly effed up the whole Mon-hell redemption story line, and instead we got a toxic relationship, when the prince of Mysoginistia constantly fails to treat Supergirl as an equal, and she still loves him and forgives him.

*hides behind Alex*

I actually like the writing on Supergirl.

Please, don't hurt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    *hides behind Alex*

Please, don't hurt me.
    She'll protect you.
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/8c722910...9xs6o1_500.gif

(Erm, did you kinda imply I was a tiny bit overzealous?)
    Last edited by Bagpuss; May 8th, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

I simply don't want to end up on Alex' opposite side, cause she's bad-ass.

So yes, it's a tacky show about a flying alien girl, and the contrived villains of the week, but on the other hand it does tackle some very serious issues like sexism, equal rights, migrants, refugees, homophobia, etc.
    And that imo is why a lot of people are turned off.. They are turning a superhero show into a political diatribe.

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    And that imo is why a lot of people are turned off.. They are turning a superhero show into a political diatribe.
    It's a great media for that. And please elaborate on the "a lot of people are turned off". It's the CW's second biggest show, and The Flash lost more viewers from season 2 to season 3, and it's a pure vanilla superhero show.

Oh, I love the political jabs so much.

By the way, to all interested parties: Chyler Leigh has just taken over Yahoo TV's Instagram. Looks like a big promotion thingy... stuff...
    https://www.instagram.com/yahootv/

(Having there a picture of Buffy didn't help either )

I totally disagree. Smallville's inhabitants were so inherently backwards, that I just stopped watching it after Season 1. I mean come on, how many times people need to see that Clark and the what-they-called-it are never together in the same place? Or how many head injuries, pixies, wizards, warlocks and loose magic is needed for them to forget they found him out??? Ugh, rant over, sorry. At least Lois & Clark did put a lampshade on it when they called Lois the most galactically stupid person on Earth.
    And no one has worked out that Kara and Supergirl are the same, and are never in the same place either. You can't pick on one show for it's craziness and ignore it in the other, it's ridiculous.
    I'm not ragging on SG, I like all of the CW superhero shows (including SV, despite it's crazy antics), I am just saying it's hardly a tight, brilliant show without flaws, just like most shows on TV. It's like Stargate, it has some truly brilliant moments, but that's all they are, moments.
    So is Supergirl contrived? I believe after watching an invincible person flying because of yellow sun the rest comes easily.
    Being contrived is not always a bad thing you know............

Yes, this is a TV show, but particularly Alex's story, her coming out story was really true to life, I've heard many many people saying how it did hit home, how it made them relive their coming out feelings.
    Yes, it was a great, well handled series of moments, the back and forth between Alex and Maggie, the very real concerns about acceptance that plague same sex couples, the different places they are at concerning their sexuality, the bad experience Maggie had being outed and getting over that with Alex, it's all good stuff, useful stuff and sometimes powerful stuff.

Sure, and it should be applauded for it, but that does make it immune to fair criticism, does it?

It's far from being perfect, I say that they have majorly effed up the whole Mon-hell redemption story line, and instead we got a toxic relationship, when the prince of Mysoginistia constantly fails to treat Supergirl as an equal, and she still loves him and forgives him.
    That is painful to watch, to be sure, and a glaring example of what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    *hides behind Alex*

Please, don't hurt me.
    You know me better than that

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    You know me better than that
    I do.

Also, I love it when Maggie tells Alex she knows about Kara and Supergirl, and how the glasses aren't really working.

I'm like -- nope, they're not.
    However, James says at one point in season 1 that Cat won't recognize her (although I'm fairly certain she did) cause she doesn't see Kara. I mean, if you're not interesting enough people really don't pay attention to your persona.