This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supergirl TV series: News/General Discussion

Its official. CBS has started production of the first season of the TV series SUPERGIRL.

The lead character stars Melissa Benoist (Glee) and also has Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal) and Dean Cain (Lois and Clarke) and Helen Slater (Supergirl the movie) in the cast.

Written and produced by Ali Alder (No Ordinary Family) and Greg Borlanti (Arrow and Flash), the show has 24 year old Supergirl having hidden her powers, suddenly having to reveal herself to combat super villains...dont they all.

Though apparently on a different channel to Arrow and Flash there are suggestions of cross over episodes. Lets keep it in the family.

Trailer for this.

Comment

Six minute look

Comment

Honestly, I think this looks terrible based on the trailer. That is just my opinion of course, but it just does not look interesting.

I'll give it a chance, though.
        sigpic

Comment

It does seem a little designed for the teeny bopper. But lets hope given its made by the Arrow/Flash group.

Comment

I´ll give the show a shot, it could prove to be decent.

Comment

I will give it a try, but it depends on when on the monday slot they put it in.

Comment

It's going up against Gotham in the fall. I had almost decided not to continue with Gotham, so it is possible that hour will be free. That preview was terrible.

Comment

The biggest thing for me is the not-quite-right colors of her suit. It is very distracting. IF they've chosen to work in this franchise, they shouldn't alter the basics.

Aside from that, way too much emo.

However, since I've already waved bye bye to Gotham, it will definitely be given a shot.

Comment

Personally I would like to see the Supergirl having a bit more mongrel than as shown in the shorts. Squeaky clean suggests its for the Under 15s. A more ambiguous character such as the Oliver Queen in Arrow would have been better.

Comment

I liked the trailer better than I thought I would, ill be checking it out for sure

any confirmation weather its a part of the arrow/flash shared universe? itd be nice to see her pop up in Legends of Tomorrow
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/22/supe...-leaks-online/
                        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

If I understand the premise of "Supergirl" right then Superman is already an established hero. Since there has been no mention of a super powered alien running around saving the day in "Arrow" and "The Flash" I think its safe to assume that they don't share the same universe.

However, these are comic book shows and they could have someone travel between time lines/dimensions in order to have a cross over episode

Comment

It does appear that way. BUT maybe its just an east-west coast thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                              If I understand the premise of "Supergirl" right then Superman is already an established hero. Since there has been no mention of a super powered alien running around saving the day in "Arrow" and "The Flash" I think its safe to assume that they don't share the same universe.

However, these are comic book shows and they could have someone travel between time lines/dimensions in order to have a cross over episode
                              Smallville is not part of the Arrowverse But I think supergirl is also by Greg Berlanti who does ARROW & The Flash & LOT, but as of yet CBS aren't allowing Supergirl to be part of that shared universe, if it does well I imagine they might allow it down the track its still a greg berlanti show afterall

Had Constantine been renewed, Stephen Amell was in talks to guest on the show for season 2 making it part of the Arrowverse, and i think there trying to get Constantine character to appear in Arrow next season so that it can be part of the Arrowverse, so who knows eventually Supergirl could guest on Arrow or The Flash or even LOT in the future
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                              X