This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    This is sad... Supergirl boss confirms...
    Spoiler:
    Floriana Lima exit, but says Maggie won't be killed off. http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/supergi...be-killed-off/
    Spoiler:
    I'm glad they're not killing her off, but probably not for the same reasons you are.

I'm hoping they keep the two as a couple, that should keep the sanvers shippers happy, but Maggie is moved to some far away land or planet, so they end up in a long distance relationship. This would prevent Alex from just hooking up with someone else.

This will make the people like me who don't watch this kind of show for relationship stuff happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Spoiler:
      I'm glad they're not killing her off, but probably not for the same reasons you are.

I'm hoping they keep the two as a couple, that should keep the sanvers shippers happy, but Maggie is moved to some far away land or planet, so they end up in a long distance relationship. This would prevent Alex from just hooking up with someone else.

This will make the people like me who don't watch this kind of show for relationship stuff happy.
      I just like the character, myself. As time is progressing...I don't think she's a good fit for Alex.
      Spoiler:
      In the last episode, Alex cried herself to sleep because of the quandary she's in over loving Maggie and wanting a child.
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Well, as of last night, ( 11/6 ) it appears that the child matter has driven them apart, so I won't get my way on that. So, no doubt Alex will hook up with someone else before long. Considering a couple of very pointed on-screen displays of affection shown last night, I'm not going to be surprised if Kara and Alex hook up. Yes, they are "sisters", but not in any biological sense, so it's not incest.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Well, as of last night, ( 11/6 ) it appears that the child matter has driven them apart, so I won't get my way on that. So, no doubt Alex will hook up with someone else before long. Considering a couple of very pointed on-screen displays of affection shown last night, I'm not going to be surprised if Kara and Alex hook up. Yes, they are "sisters", but not in any biological sense, so it's not incest.
          Ummmm...just no to the part of your comment that I boldfaced. I don't foresee that happening, and I hope it doesn't. There are plenty of fish in the sea for Alex.
          sigpic

Comment

Well then...this thread is going places now...not sure that's a good thing...
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

This looks awesome!

Comment

Am I the only one who has wondered how Kara can wear earings?? How was it possible to pierce her ears in the first place??

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
                  Am I the only one who has wondered how Kara can wear earings?? How was it possible to pierce her ears in the first place??
                  The showrunners have established that she got her ears pierced on Krypton before she left.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                    The showrunners have established that she got her ears pierced on Krypton before she left.
                    There's that...and there is also kryptonite needles.
                    sigpic

Comment

Season 4 Comic Con trailer

Comment

That could be intentionally deceptive, but that sounds like it might have a preachy political message behind it.

Comment

That could be intentionally deceptive, but that sounds like it might have a preachy political message behind it.
                          Dude, Supergirl's been poking fun at America's politics since the beginning and every stab it gives gets a cheer from our couch.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Dude, Supergirl's been poking fun at America's politics since the beginning and every stab it gives gets a cheer from our couch.
                            Oh, I know, but that voiceover sounds over the top even for these guys. Their attempt to advocate gun control went over really well, didn't it?

But it could be deceptive. Have to wait and see what they do this fall.

Comment

Who knows how it would actually go...never trust trailers. That said...

A problem with Supergirl is that they can't do preachy properly. You know my positions on Immigration, despite that I found that one episode where the president showed up to sign some sort of alien immigration bill thingy to be ridiculous...It's too "in your face". Take Olsen's reluctance to reveal his identity because he's black...why not introduce those issues earlier, let that build up...and then make the episode about that? It makes the issue plot specific instead of an "take that conservatives" after thought. It makes it part of his character development across more episodes and it gives ample opportunities for us to explore him beyond a few expositional minutes in one episode.

Same thing with the girl power thing...or just about any issue. Make it plot specific, make it part of the character's growth. Be a bit more complex and add a sympathetic conservative character to add actual discussion. The Arrow episode on the gun control issue actually added discussion! One of the heroes was big on gun rights while another big on gun control and Arrow had to navigate that. It wasn't executed that well because the show rarely did things like that, but if it tackled those issues more often it would have been a very good episode.

The best messaging is done when it is in service of the plot, involves discussion (not just "If you disagree you are the bad guys only") and services character development. Take Black Panther, an isolationist kingdom with the characters in a discussion of their isolationist nature. The different views were explored, the different characters were sympathetic as were the different views. At the end, they decided to stop being isolationist and tore down their wall and began helping the world...sound familiar?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              They've done it in a very cringy way noless. Even in things that I agree with I felt it was poorly down and took away from the story rather than added to it. I don't want a show that preaches to the choir. If the show wants to be preachy, it should also reach others who would disagree. And to do that you need discussion and intelligent examination of the issues.

Oh, I know, but that voiceover sounds over the top even for these guys. Their attempt to advocate gun control went over really well, didn't it?

But it could be deceptive. Have to wait and see what they do this fall.
                              I my Lord...it made no sense at all.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Brainy -- Jesse Rath -- will be a series regular in season 4 and Nicole Maines has been added to the cast as the new character joining CatCo. She seems to be an up and coming actress. I certainly haven't seen her in anything before:

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X