X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    IF they don't screw it up.
    A show like SG is expensive, and CBS can afford it. I still remember the horror of USA network's attempt to pick up "Airwolf" after CBS dropped it in 1985. No matter how hard I try to forget it.

No idea what that is.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    True the latter seasons of Airwolf sucked..

Aren't you supposed to be more my age?
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

No idea what that is.

Aren't you supposed to be more my age?
      "Airwolf" was a sci-fi / military adventure series about a reclusive loner played by Jan Michael Vincent with Ernest Borgnine as his sidekick. Together they used an "appropriated" supersecret high-tech helicopter to carry out supersecret government operations for their handlers, personified by Alex Cord aka "Archangel". It was one of my favorite series of all time, and I have all 3 CBS seasons on DVD

The show ran for 3 years on CBS, 84-86, and was not picked up after season 3.

Afterwards, USA network bought the rights to it and tried to resurrect the series. So it ran for one more year on USA network. But USA in 1987 wasn't CBS. They couldn't afford to make the show. They couldn't afford the talent, the writers or the effects. It was horrible.

Today, this last season of Airwolf is the standard which all horrible retreads are measured against. So far, none has come close to being worse.

Oh, and it just so happens that my current signature pic. is Airwolf herself.

Comment

Well, with it now on the CW, it seems the exes are gonna actually Have clarke make a showing, rather than just the snippets of 'someone looking like it could be clark' we got in S1..

http://deadline.com/2016/06/superman...cw-1201767883/

Comment

Well, with it now on the CW, it seems the exes are gonna actually Have clarke make a showing, rather than just the snippets of 'someone looking like it could be clark' we got in S1..

http://deadline.com/2016/06/superman...cw-1201767883/

If this pans out to be so, it makes sense. They can't justify not having Superman because of the movies when The Flash is also in the movies. CBS was being idiotic in that regard. Man I have come to truly respect the CW as a channel. They surprised me with The 100 and The Arrow and sense then I just believe that they can deliver. I have high hopes for Supergirl season 2.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Its a pity they can't just bring back Tom Welling to play Clark he was soo good
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
              Its a pity they can't just bring back Tom Welling to play Clark he was soo good
              I would enjoy that greatly. I feel like a Smallville rewatch.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

I decided to give this show a go despite trying not to think of the terrible 1984 movie effort. I really came to like it, how Supergirl is portrayed as 'human' despite having these powers. I've liked how things don't always happen as she expected them to and how she goes about turning things round. She also doubts herself and this has led to some great moments.

I love how she plays against Kat Grant, their moments are the highlights for me always. This Supergirl has a personality, not just portrayed as a woman with 'powers' going from averting one disaster to another. She has personal disasters too!

I hope it continues to be as entertaining with its move to the CW for its second season as its first season and production values don't drop. If it keeps to the same level as Arrow and The Flash I can live with that. I hope it doesn't end up as lackluster as Legends of Tomorrow though! The characters in that were great when they appeared in Arrow and The Flash but I don't know what's happened to them since they are in their own show!

I've actually enjoyed the fact that Superman didn't make his presence felt in a way as to detract from the story of his cousin. It kept things 'real' in a way in that we as viewers didn't come to expect him to come and bail Kara out of trouble all the time. I hope that any appearance that he makes eventually is reasonable and doesn't belittle Kara's presence in the episode.

I agree Tom Welling would be the choice I'd go for to play Superman. A nice tie in to 'Smallville'. I've only got round to watching the first season of that so far but I've liked what I've seen of him playing Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  I agree Tom Welling would be the choice I'd go for to play Superman. A nice tie in to 'Smallville'. I've only got round to watching the first season of that so far but I've liked what I've seen of him playing Superman.
                  I agree that Tom Welling would be an excellent choice. I wonder if anything has been leaked.
                  sigpic

Comment

Even if its just a 4 or 5 episode stint, they just have to get Tom Welling into this at some stage

OT but for sometime now I have also wanted Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen and Justin Heartly's Oliver Queen to meet for sometime as well
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                      Even if its just a 4 or 5 episode stint, they just have to get Tom Welling into this at some stage

OT but for sometime now I have also wanted Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen and Justin Heartly's Oliver Queen to meet for sometime as well
                      My idea for that was that Justin would guest star on Arrow as an actor who would be playing Oliver in a "based on a true story" movie about his time on the island and trying to get to know him.

Comment

Never knew Oli made an appearance in smallville.

Comment

More than an appearance, he played a big role.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                            My idea for that was that Justin would guest star on Arrow as an actor who would be playing Oliver in a "based on a true story" movie about his time on the island and trying to get to know him.
                            I've always just thought it would be a parallel universe but that's not a bad idea either
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Well, for S2 of supergirl/S3 of the arrow, they are purportedly going to do a crossover, MUSICAL episode (or two)..

Comment

Well, for S2 of supergirl/S3 of the arrow, they are purportedly going to do a crossover, MUSICAL episode (or two)..
                                Flash, not Arrow. And it will be in the second half of the season, not the big 4 night crossover in November/December.

Comment

Working...
                                X