Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Informal group consensus doesn't matter. Just because a lot of people think something makes it true.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

He manipulated Kara by using Eve to make Kara jealous. Kara turned him down and he ran straight to Eve when he had all of national city to choose from to try make her jealous because he knew Kara had a 100% chance of running into them. That to me is manipulative

He had a chance to stop the Daxamite invasion TWICE. Once when he could have taken his rightful place leading his people and changing their mindset but he was selfish and only thought of what he wanted. He had another chance in Lena's lab when he could have stopped his mother but didn't. It was Kara that made that sacrifice, she was the one along with Lena, Winn and ironically Lilllian that stopped the invasion. As I recall he pretty much stood around being helpful as ever

His first instinct is to run away. He wanted Kara to run away with him leaving her family, friends, the whole planet at the mercy of his mother and her army. If he knew Kara at all he'd know due could never watch another home be destroyed. No, I think Kara deserves a better man, an honourable man. Someone that trusts and respects her

That's my opinion on the matter. I have spoken to a couple very nice Karamel shippers who weren't happy with the way he was written on the show. But then the showtunners don't fill you with much hope when they come out with the reason they did about why they dumped Kara/James. Putting aside the extreme lack of chemistry that was a really stupid reason

Anyway I don't think any of us are gonna change our minds as to what kind of person he is so another topic perhaps. I don't read the comics so I don't know any of the characters in the Supergirl universe, but what characters would folks like to see crop up on the show? Heroes or villains
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Queerbaiting 101 -- like I mentioned.

However, Alex coming out will always have a special place no matter what -- something highly relatable which I have yet to find in any other show I have watched or watch.
        "The Night Shift". I think its handling of not only coming out, but a gay relationship was the best I have ever seen. But not that you'd relate too much to it, when I said gay, I meant not lesbian but gay. Alex and Maggie have always felt off and wrong, and not in the sense that I'd rather not see a LGBT relationship but in the sense that I was just not convinced that they actually belonged together.
        Their struggles focused too much on being a couple in love versus being a couple that goes through both personal and interpersonal struggles. That last part is where The Night Shift really does it well in my book.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        * Bisexual representations on broadcast rose to 30%, up by ten percentage points from last year. Bisexual representations also rose on streaming series, from 20% to 26%. However, cable series have dropped in bisexual representations from 35% to 32%. Bisexual women far outnumber bisexual men on every platform. Many of these characters still fall into dangerous stereotypes about bisexual people.
        I thought all women were bisexual? That's what the TV and Internet tells me
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Its more that we ALREADY get enough Pro-lgbtqurs in nearly all the other shows during primetime on the other networks.. I don't want it to spoil everything i want to watch...
          Not quite certain want "lgbtqurs" are...but I would like to know which fantasy world you live in? There are LGBTQ people in "nearly all the other shows during prime time on the other networks"? Tonight, I have five shows recording on my DVR...only one has a lesbian couple. Tomorrow, I have four shows recording...there are no LGBTQ people. Wednesday six shows...no LGBTQ people. Thursday four shows...no LGBTQ people. Friday 5 shows...one LGBTQ person. Saturday three shows...no LGBTQ people. Sunday...two shows...no LGBTQ people. I have 27 shows recording this week...only 2 shows have LGBTQ people (characters or in Friday's case a host). So, I don't know which orifice you pulled your comment out of, but it wasn't correct by any means.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Not quite certain want "lgbtqurs" are...but I would like to know which fantasy world you live in? There are LGBTQ people in "nearly all the other shows during prime time on the other networks"? Tonight, I have five shows recording on my DVR...only one has a lesbian couple. Tomorrow, I have four shows recording...there are no LGBTQ people. Wednesday six shows...no LGBTQ people. Thursday four shows...no LGBTQ people. Friday 5 shows...one LGBTQ person. Saturday three shows...no LGBTQ people. Sunday...two shows...no LGBTQ people. I have 27 shows recording this week...only 2 shows have LGBTQ people (characters or in Friday's case a host). So, I don't know which orifice you pulled your comment out of, but it wasn't correct by any means.
            And after a couple more episodes there will be zero evident LGBTQ characters in Supergirl either. At least I hope Alex doesn't suddenly realize that she's bisexual after all and starts dating a nice boy to make the likes of garhkal happy.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              What shows/what channels are you watching?
              CW - Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, The originals, legends of tomorrow, supernatural, the 100...
              ABC - Grey's anatomy, Modern family, desperate housewies, pretty little liars,
              Fox - American dad, Allen gregory
              NBC - Smash, The playboy club, the office,
              CBS - the good wife

Those are all the pro-lgbt shows or ones with an active main line cast that's lgbtq.

Comment

CW - Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, The originals, legends of tomorrow, supernatural, the 100...
                CBS - the good wife

Those are all the pro-lgbt shows or ones with an active main line cast that's lgbtq.
                The Flash? Who's gay in the Flash?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Hartley Rathaway, the pied piper.. Had to look it up myself..

Comment

Well, he's kinda a bad example, and also a good example. Bad, because he was just in a handful of episodes, and his sexuality was just side note. On the other hand, it is a good example, because the said side note was that his genetic reject "parents" kicked him out for being gay, so that people don't forget that this is still happening even in supposedly developed countries like the USA, and not just in Africa or the Middle East.

What was impossible just fifty years ago, it's now fairly common that nobody kills you or beats you up for loving who you love regardless of "race, colour and creed". I'm sure another decade or two it will add gender too.

I'm sure that the garhkals of the sixties were as outraged for having Uhura on the Enterprise (also Sulu, and Checkov), but Kirk kissing Uhura in an episode was a big step for American television. Unfortunately there were also a lot of steps back and further in the past decades, exactly because of the garhkals they wanted to cater to.

Edit:
                    Something like this:
                    Last edited by pjt; 24 October 2017, 12:29 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                      And after a couple more episodes there will be zero evident LGBTQ characters in Supergirl either. At least I hope Alex doesn't suddenly realize that she's bisexual after all and starts dating a nice boy to make the likes of garhkal happy.
                      I wouldn't put anything past them

Um, who?
                      sigpic

Comment

Also Captain Singh, though there have only been occasional mentions of it since Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          "The Night Shift". I think its handling of not only coming out, but a gay relationship was the best I have ever seen.
                          Don't know that show. Sorry.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          Alex and Maggie have always felt off and wrong, and not in the sense that I'd rather not see a LGBT relationship but in the sense that I was just not convinced that they actually belonged together.
                          Oh come on, that first time they met, walking all over each other's jurisdictions ... there was some serious fire going on.

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                          Also Captain Singh, though there have only been occasional mentions of it since Season 1.
                          He was married too, got married, still married?
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

CBS - the good wife

The only shows I watch that you have listed above are on the CW. I stopped watching The 100 after season 2 because it got a little boring. For someone with such a negative view of LGBTQ individuals...you sure seem to know which shows have them on. I noticed you forgot to include Will & Grace on NBC. Don't forget to add it to your line up.

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                            I hope this isn't the case.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is sad... Supergirl boss confirms...
                              Spoiler:
                              Floriana Lima exit, but says Maggie won't be killed off. http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/supergi...be-killed-off/
                              sigpic

Comment

My favorite quote from this season of Supergirl from Maggie:
                                Spoiler:
                                Came to give you that back. That little girl, so desperate to win her father's love. You left her on the side of the road. And all these years, I've been that little girl. Yearning for my papa to come back for me. Praying that one day he would see me and love me for who I am. Thank you for coming to the shower. You gave me an amazing gift. You showed me that I am not that scared little girl in that picture anymore. I am an adult woman, and I am happy in my own skin. And I am so fortunate that I am surrounded by people who value and cherish me. I finally understand I... I don't need you to see me or to get me or to even like me. I... I don't need anything from you. I'm already good. Goodbye, papa.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X