This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    The pilot felt like one giant exposition...not really a bad thing since that's what they are supposed to be. But it felt too obvious. But hopefully the season would be better. I am looking forward to this show though. That said...it does show great potential. You'll find a way to....enjoy it.
    I agree it does have great potential. I hope it is good! Still frustrating that I missed the leaked pilot.
    Last edited by LtColCarter; 23 July 2015, 05:47 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      The pilot was leaked? And I missed it!? Dang it!
      I felt the same way, as when i found out about that it WAS leaked, by that time, it had already been taken down.

Comment

It's still available if you know where to look.

Comment

Well, I finally saw the pilot, and I didn't feel it was all that horrible. Although, there is a lot of room for improvement...I do feel the show has potential.
          sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Though i would hope that we get MORE than her fellow homeworld's prisoners being her "enemy of the week"s..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Agreed. Though i would hope that we get MORE than her fellow homeworld's prisoners being her "enemy of the week"s..
              In the beginning...that might be all that we get. However, for the show to survive...it will have to branch out.
              sigpic

Comment

That's kind of the problem having a character as powerful as Superman or Supergirl, you're very limited as to who you can get who can prove to be an adequate enemy for them. Superman has the benefit of having Lex, but Supergirl doesn't really have as many memorable adversaries. Though I reckon bringing Amanda Waller into Supergirl as more of a full on antagonist wouldn't hurt.

Oh oh oh! I just thought of something awesome.

We know from Arrow and Flash that no mention has ever been made of aliens or Superman, which you'd kinda think they would have done if Meta Humans were such a surprise, so my guess is that Supergirl is in one of the parallel Earths, so what if at the end of season 1 she gets sucked into the Arrowverse Earth and is stuck there, so she actually becomes the first Kryptonian superhero and actually is able to take the place of Superman on Arrow's Earth.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Oh oh oh! I just thought of something awesome.

We know from Arrow and Flash that no mention has ever been made of aliens or Superman, which you'd kinda think they would have done if Meta Humans were such a surprise, so my guess is that Supergirl is in one of the parallel Earths, so what if at the end of season 1 she gets sucked into the Arrowverse Earth and is stuck there, so she actually becomes the first Kryptonian superhero and actually is able to take the place of Superman on Arrow's Earth.
                  Intriguing. That might put an interesting spin on things.
                  sigpic

Comment

Intriguing. That might put an interesting spin on things.
                    I know right? It's how I'd write it... But that probably means it won't happen cos TV writers rarely go with my awesome ideas.

Comment

A big problem is the shows are on different networks
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I know right? It's how I'd write it... But that probably means it won't happen cos TV writers rarely go with my awesome ideas.
                        Maybe if they were on the same network, it would be more possible. Given they are on different networks...sadly...it is highly improbable.
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe if they were on the same network, it would be more possible. Given they are on different networks...sadly...it is highly improbable.
                          It has been said that both networks are open to the shared universe, they just wouldn't want to do a crossover any time soon.

Comment

It has been said that both networks are open to the shared universe, they just wouldn't want to do a crossover any time soon.
                            That's interesting. I don't think I recall a crossover being done on different networks. Like, I've seen SVU, Chicago Fire, and Chicago PD do crossovers, but they're on the same network. Just like tonight there is a Bones/Sleep Hollow 2 hour crossover event. But again...they're on the same network.
                            sigpic

Comment

The main problem with an inter-network crossover would be that they'd be intentionally hurting one of their own TV shows that share the opposite time slot. What ever comes on CBS on Tuesday during the Flash will lose the Supergirl viewers because of the crossover, or the Arrow slot. Same thing with whatever the CW is broadcasting on Mondays during that slot. Unless they do a multi-network broadcast, but then that gets tricky, they'd be splitting their ratings and so on.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

CBS is a part owner of CW (with Warner Brothers, which produces Supergirl), so it's not as improbable as it would be in most other situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X