Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iZombie (CW) - Discussion Thread (Here Be Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iZombie (CW) - Discussion Thread (Here Be Spoilers)

A news and discussion thread for ...

Summary:
    iZombie is a supernatural crime procedural that centers on a young doctor-turned-zombie who takes a job in the coroner’s office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity. But with each brain she consumes, she inherits some of the victim’s memories, and with the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head. (credit:tvrage.com)
    Last edited by Brother Freyr; 17 April 2016, 11:08 PM.

The CW's 'iZombie' Renewed for Second Season
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-season-793914

Yay! Announced 6 May 2015, after only eight episodes aired
    <-- does a happy dance

Comment

Yes! I love this show. I read somewhere that the ratings looked good for renewal, but I hadn't seen actual confirmation.

Nice to have a zombie show where they're not just a shambling horde.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I'm glad that this was renewed. I love the show, it's fun to watch.
        sigpic

Comment

iZombie was my biggest surprise this year (within television! ). I expected it to be pretty bad and don't recall why I bothered to view the pilot.

I knew nothing but the name -- iZombie? You're kidding -- and the CW network. I figured CW was just adding to its zoo. Werewolves, check. Vampires, check. Ghosts, check. Hunters of forementioned, check. Wait... no zombies?

Anyhoo, iZombie pleasantly surprised. Turns out, Rob Thomas co-created it. Same guy who created Veronica Mars.
          Last edited by Brother Freyr; 17 April 2016, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Just checked out the pilot yesterday, I liked it, I don't love it yet, but I will be watching more episodes next week so we'll see how it goes
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

I've been enjoying it. The humor is quirky but not over the top, but it has also been more serious than I had expected, especially what happened in the last episode.

Comment

Anyone still watching iZombie? I completed the second season, and it's been renewed for a third year. I wonder how the series will remain a small-city* drama, given that the new CEO plans to
                Spoiler:
                make Seattle the new zombie homeland.

Seattle would be locked down (unsuccessfully), the moment that news of zombies reaches the wider world, including fbi and d.o.d. The whole world would be on alert. iZombie stops being a local drama. Which is why I assume that Liv, Major, Clive, Ravi, et. al., will stop what's-her-name. That'll be the next story arc.

*Seattle is a medium(?)-sized city, but the series makes it feel smaller to me.
                Last edited by Brother Freyr; 30 April 2016, 09:58 PM.

Comment

The second season concluded a couple of weeks ago. I've watched it all, sometimes live, sometimes on Hulu, depending on how I was feeling about SHIELD at the time. It's not a perfect show by any means, but it's not predictable, and I look forward to Season 3.

Comment

I just found this series. I like it very much (better than the comic, which I found and read for background).

While Seattle only has a couple million people, the Puget Sound metropolis runs from Everett down to Olympia, which is about 80 miles. Seattle is toward the upper end. And may be easier to lock down than you'd think. It's almost happened before, thanks to nature.

The way west is blocked by Puget Sound, unless the ferries are running or you can get far enough south to get over to the Olympic Peninsula. There are two major routes running north-south, I-5 and 99. Both have been blocked before (I-5 once by major flooding). There are two major routes running east-west, I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass (very avalanche prone) and US 2 over Steven's Pass (site of the United States' worst avalanche disaster). Farther north or farther south, there are other major east-west routes, but starting from Seattle itself, thems yer cherces.

One spring, both mentioned passes were closed due to avalanches at the same time that I-5 to the south was blocked by flooding. If you bring in something like a bridge collapse to the north, there's no way major traffic is going to get out of the area.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                    X