• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast Enough (123)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON ONE
    FAST ENOUGH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 123
    Eobard Thawne offers Barry the chance to travel back in time to save his mother, but the consequences may be the loss of the entire world as Barry knows it.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 20 May 2015, 11:36 PM.

The biggest question Why did future Barry stop present Barry from saving their mom
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering if his Mom is saved by Eddie's sacrifice. I didn't see that coming. Doesn't the fact that Eobard/Wells won't be born change everything???

Comment

The writers did say Tom Cavanagh will be back as a regular next season, but I'd love to see him play the real Harrison Wells. Which isn't an impossibility, seeing how much the show messes with time travel and all.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
          The biggest question Why did future Barry stop present Barry from saving their mom
          That's also a question hopefully answered next season. I hope.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I'd imagine because he has enough experience of time travel to understand that it's a terrible idea.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Woah, pretty awesome episode! Pretty good curveball they threw on the trailers.

So, whats next? Some nice references thrown in for Legends of Tomorrow, wonder how that all works into things...

Didnt see Eddie killing himself to save them coming, and the fact that Barry wouldnt save his mum. Also, Ciscos a meta human? Season 2 and answers cannot come fast enough!
              Last edited by Teddybrown; 20 May 2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Maybe he felt that if barry DID save his mother, it would have created a paradox?

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                I'm wondering if his Mom is saved by Eddie's sacrifice. I didn't see that coming. Doesn't the fact that Eobard/Wells won't be born change everything???
                Depends. Did he get wiped out of existence from THAT point on, or did he never get born, thus never back tracked with Barry, never killed his mother, never took over the role of Wells, never activated the particle accelerator and so on.

Also, Ciscos a meta human
                Someone showed a wiki linking to a DC character called vibe.. Maybe that is who Sisco is, he can sense the vibrations of the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Maybe he felt that if barry DID save his mother, it would have created a paradox?

Depends. Did he get wiped out of existence from THAT point on, or did he never get born, thus never back tracked with Barry, never killed his mother, never took over the role of Wells, never activated the particle accelerator and so on.

Someone showed a wiki linking to a DC character called vibe.. Maybe that is who Sisco is, he can sense the vibrations of the timeline.
                  Considering that in the comics Vibe's alter ego is Cisco Ramon I think that's a fair bet.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Maybe in the original timeline Barry's mother did get killed that day and Eobard didn't know that and unwittingly set the future on the right path but then his speed force malfunction screwed things up? Alternatively the Barry fighting Eobard was a future version of Barry from the shows timeline who came back to fight an alternate timeline Eobard he know would be trying to kill young Barry.

As for why everything didn't reset when Eddie killed himself... My guess would be that the universe was unwilling to re-write everything that had happened up to that point since it had in fact already happened and simply tried to fix the errors from that point forward. Its a lame reasons but it would fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                      Maybe in the original timeline Barry's mother did get killed that day and Eobard didn't know that and unwittingly set the future on the right path but then his speed force malfunction screwed things up? Alternatively the Barry fighting Eobard was a future version of Barry from the shows timeline who came back to fight an alternate timeline Eobard he know would be trying to kill young Barry.

As for why everything didn't reset when Eddie killed himself... My guess would be that the universe was unwilling to re-write everything that had happened up to that point since it had in fact already happened and simply tried to fix the errors from that point forward. Its a lame reasons but it would fit.
                      I think the black hole could be the universe's attempt to reset the timeline.

Comment

Well if you change the past then the present cant exist. Funny thing is that all they were scared of the wormhole explotion when the yagreed to help Berry to change the past.
                        For Eddie to die reverce flash didnt born and Barry never become a flash.

For firestorm i understand and the old man doctor knows that if past is change then present cant exist. He would never be in this situation and thats good for him.
                        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
                          Well if you change the past then the present cant exist. Funny thing is that all they were scared of the wormhole explotion when the yagreed to help Berry to change the past.
                          For Eddie to die reverce flash didnt born and Barry never become a flash.

For firestorm i understand and the old man doctor knows that if past is change then present cant exist. He would never be in this situation and thats good for him.
                          Maybe time travel paradoxes are solved in this shows universe by having events that take place before the paradox still having happened, even if the future events that caused them to happen won't happen. This goes against my personal view of how time travel should logically work if it was possible (which it very probably isn't) but it would allow things to work out right for the show.

The logic would then simply be that events in the present can't alter the past, only time travelling to the past so that it becomes the new present can it be changed.

Comment

As I understand it there are two schools of thought to time travel.
                            1. You travel in the same timeline. You can't change anything because anything you do already happened. You may even be the cause of the very event you sought to prevent.
                            2. You create an alternate timeline. As such you can only really change things for yourself/anyone you bring along for the ride. The original timeline still exists, with you having vanished never to return.

Either way, there is no actually changing things. That doesn't work so well in fiction, so they typically blend the two together in a way that defies all logical explanation. If anyone questions it, they just stick their fingers in their ears and yell "LA LA LA SPEEDFORCE".

But what would I know, I'm just a time-traveling water filter.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                              I think the black hole could be the universe's attempt to reset the timeline.
                              That's completely ridiculous but probably what to expect from a comic book show.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X