Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were an Ancient and the designer of the Stargate....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a difference between what's good engineering-wise and what's good storytelling wise.

Comment

Yea my Roman example is not the best but the point is as a civilization falls and/or moves on, its gonna leave stuff behind, and others could end up using that stuff. Of course the Romans were not going to destroy their roads, but the ancients could've used the attero device, dial every gate simultaneously and destroy the entire network if they wanted to.

But Ancients were pricks that couldn't be bothered to do the right thing.

Leaving a stargate that can malfunction for multiple reasons at any time, blow up and destroy innocent lives is pretty irresponsible. Even worst, seeding the entire galaxy with those things and wash your hands of the consequences cause you're ascended now and its beneath you.

I agree, an unsecured network is stupid, and an advanced civilization like the Ancients would probably never make such mistakes. But it was good for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
        but the ancients could've used the attero device, dial every gate simultaneously and destroy the entire network if they wanted to.
        That's roughly the same as annihilating all life on those planets. besides, i don't think you can blame the ancients for not cleaning up. I mean, would humanity clean up it's mess on it's day of extinction? don't think so. Hell, judging by Janus' reaction the ancients didn't seem to think anyone would rise to power and find their stuff before it's all gone.

Comment

Those who ascended were not really "gone", still able to remove their stuff, they just decided not to.

Leaving Atlantis intact in case they would make it back someday was a poor decision, leaving the door open to the Wraith to get their hands of superior tech and a way to Earth. It should've been destroyed. But the moment Weir went back in time a paradox was created, therefor Atlantis could not be destroyed for fear of rewriting key events yet to happen.

Id like to think the time jumper from SG1 was Moros/Merlin, with the help of Janus, attempt to fix consequences of Janus decision to leave Weir on Atlantis. By leaving the prophecies and the jumper on Maybournes planet, SG1 saved the day and got the jumper that is later used to get a zpm in Egypt. A zpm that is used the gate Atlantis to send troops to defend it until the Daedalus, powered by the zpm, arrives to destroy the wraith ships. Results: Atlantis is safe and with power to spare.

Comment

i guess i would make it pink for females and blue for males... apple and then samsung will steal the idea with wormhole phones and i will then sue them for billions...

Comment

I would add colours as well - lots of colours!!
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Working...
              X