This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolf Whistling

I saw this on another forum and was wondering how women and men felt about this on here. Here is the article that started it.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-debate.html
    To me, the wolf whistling is non threatening, but the getting in her way is not on, i believe she should have phoned the site boss, not the police.
    sigpic

I think it's disrespectful to wolf whistle in the first place. So yeah, I have no sympathy for the guys involved at all.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

First, let me say that blocking her path on the sidewalk was clearly over the line, and she was right to call the cops.

As far as simple wolf whistling, the behavior is crude & lewd, no argument. But crude & lewd is often the type of behavior which successfully attracts women, so you can't really blame the males for whistling.

If you ask me, women should simply accept the complement and move on.

Comment

Nothing to see here move along.

Sure blocking her path is a jerk move. Douche bags.

But wolf whistling is harmless .. My opinion.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          First, let me say that blocking her path on the sidewalk was clearly over the line, and she was right to call the cops.

As far as simple wolf whistling, the behavior is crude & lewd, no argument. But crude & lewd is often the type of behavior which successfully attracts women, so you can't really blame the males for whistling.

If you ask me, women should simply accept the complement and move on.
          Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Nothing to see here move along.

Sure blocking her path is a jerk move. Douche bags.

But wolf whistling is harmless .. My opinion.
          I know of no girl who appreciates Wolf Whistling, except maybe among friends. For a stranger to do it is just wrong on every level. Sure, some girls might not mind, but there are far more who do.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            I know of no girl who appreciates Wolf Whistling, except maybe among friends. For a stranger to do it is just wrong on every level. Sure, some girls might not mind, but there are far more who do.
            I agree. I don't know any woman who would take it as a compliment. I know I never do, as it has only ever made me feel uncomfortable.
            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I think different women look at it different ways, the wolf whistling has never bothered me, but if someone blocked my path i would have given them a mouthful, and probably phoned the site manager, if it continued, then the police would have been next.
              And women are no better, especially in a group and if they have been drinking, altho i suppose most men wouldnt find them threatening.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                I think different women look at it different ways, the wolf whistling has never bothered me, but if someone blocked my path i would have given them a mouthful, and probably phoned the site manager, if it continued, then the police would have been next.
                And women are no better, especially in a group and if they have been drinking, altho i suppose most men wouldnt find them threatening.
                As a man who has experienced such, I personally find it uncomfortable myself.

Comment

I think women find it uncomfortable(unless it's a friend) and I'd personally never do it, but I don't think it's something to fuss about either.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The level of offense might depend upon who is doing the whistling, too. More than once I've seen some guy whistle at a woman and she responds positively; engages in a conversation, etc.. Sorta like how a woman feels offended by some schlep at the office looking at her cleavage but is delighted if the guy doing the looking is someone she finds attractive.

Comment

I think it was a good choice she filed a complaint.

I'm lucky as the closest I've come to wolf whistling is... wait, I've never been whistled at. *shrug*

Nevertheless, I find it wholy inappropriate behavior and leaves much to be desired about respecting thou fellow man or woman. Objectifying much - I have issues with it in general so can't say I'd be a fan of being whistled at or have to listen to inappropriate comments.

I'm also not a fan of women throwing their assets in my face (and this from firsthand experience) - please don't!

So, any man thinking he's doing no harm - how would you feel when this happened to you?

Women catcalling men, brought to you by Buzzfeed!

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I think it was a good choice she filed a complaint.

I'm lucky as the closest I've come to wolf whistling is... wait, I've never been whistled at. *shrug*

Nevertheless, I find it wholy inappropriate behavior and leaves much to be desired about respecting thou fellow man or woman. Objectifying much - I have issues with it in general so can't say I'd be a fan of being whistled at or have to listen to inappropriate comments.

I'm also not a fan of women throwing their assets in my face (and this from firsthand experience) - please don't!

So, any man thinking he's doing no harm - how would you feel when this happened to you?

Women catcalling men, brought to you by Buzzfeed!

Testing something for FH...
                        Spoiler:
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Great, you get the message across.

Ah well... must be my feelings towards catcalling and wolf whistling getting in the way of things.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ah,tech.Gotta love it!
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

*Wolf whistles at Baggies avvie*
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X