Which would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which would you choose?

If you lived in the Star Wars Galaxy, which side would you choose? The Jedi or the Sith? The "good" side or the dark side...

They both have their benefits although the Jedi are more like SHIELD, keeping everything in line their way, not allowing powerful people be on their own or use their powers, the "force"...

The Sith are definitely powerful and embrace the powers of their fellow Sith, of course wanting the Galaxy to be under their control...

I don't think I need to go in-depth about the differences, so which would you rather be, and why?

I would choose Sith, I wouldn't consider Sith's to be "evil" or "bad"... From the Emperor we see he makes a lot more progress in the Galaxy than the Republic ever could, lets face it the Republic is a lot like US Congress, a big mess... They turn our country upside down, the republic is no different for their Galaxy. The Sith's may be the "bad guys" to some but I like to think of them as the ones who are needed for a real change focused on peace and stability... That is my take anyways.

Originally posted by jfarrell327 View Post
    I would choose Sith, I wouldn't consider Sith's to be "evil" or "bad"... From the Emperor we see he makes a lot more progress in the Galaxy than the Republic ever could, lets face it the Republic is a lot like US Congress, a big mess... They turn our country upside down, the republic is no different for their Galaxy. The Sith's may be the "bad guys" to some but I like to think of them as the ones who are needed for a real change focused on peace and stability... That is my take anyways.
    Considering the state of the galaxy, i'd have the Republic over the Empire. Rather an incompetent government than a malign one.

As to Jedi vs Sith... Sith all the way. I don't believe for a second that you become evil because you believe in Emotions. Just look at Anakin. If any sane Jedi had just taught him how to deal with his emotions in stead of ignoring them, he never would've turned evil. Emotions are powerful, that's true for a Jedi. Just his rage made Luke capable of beating Darth Vader. But the Jedi's abstaining from them entirely is clearly a wrong path.

The most interesting story i've read is the Legacy comic series which deals with a Skywalker who is neither Jedi nor Sith, and walks both sides. And he does pretty well, showing that my vision of a Force user -one who can deal with his emotions rather than drown in them(like a Sith) or abstain (like a Jedi) - is something that is achievable.

Without a "grey jedi" side, i'd still pick sith because they encourage personal development, ambition (which isn't evil or we'd still be cavemen) and having power (and learning how to use it).

Comment

I would pick the "Kyle Katarn side" - a guy with a lightsaber. I wouldn't necessarily be a part of either order either. But if I had to pick, I'd go Jedi - the more peaceful, intelligent option. Yes, there's that stupid no romance rule, but there are exceptions allowed. I'd find a loophole.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I'd choose the Jedi side of things too..
        As far as who "runs" the galaxy better, there is an old saying from the WWII era about "Mussolini having made the trains run on time".

Yes, the empire may have been more efficient, but at what cost?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          As to Jedi vs Sith... Sith all the way. I don't believe for a second that you become evil because you believe in Emotions. Just look at Anakin. If any sane Jedi had just taught him how to deal with his emotions in stead of ignoring them, he never would've turned evil. Emotions are powerful, that's true for a Jedi. Just his rage made Luke capable of beating Darth Vader. But the Jedi's abstaining from them entirely is clearly a wrong path.
          I definitely agree....I prefer Sith also. Repressing your emotions is definitely not good for the soul. The Jedi are too strict in their practices of the force. Thinking and experimenting outside of box with the force is something that I would have done as Darth Plagueis once did.
          sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
          ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Although I do feel the Jedi are incredibly strict, I feel the Sith are inherently evil and corrupt, with bad intentions. Although the Jedi were not perfect at the time of the fall of the Republic, I feel that they still had the right intentions, and as a result I would be on the side of the Jedi.
            Hi, I'm currently working on a new Thread called...
            Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and Onwards

Come and take a look in the Fan Fiction section if you are interested!
            Current Episode - 11x08 - "Abduction"

Comment

For me i don't see the dark/light side just bordering on "are you emotional or not", as i don't think it matters whats in YOUR soul or not, i see the force itself as having 2 sides to it...

Comment

I'd have two orange sabers with black hilts and I would learn and use both sides of the Force as needed.

Comment

I think this video does a pretty good job explaining the light and dark side and how the dark side is not inherently evil. I'm not all that into star wars but it was Kal Katarn's view that no ability is inherently evil, including the dark side.

So I would choose both. Make me a grey.

sigpic
                  Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Sith it is!

Comment

Jedi, but maybe a gray one. I would rather protect the freedom of others than become an oppressor.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hated that 'living force/there is no good or evil in the force, its all in the heart of the user' crap that we started seeing in latter novels for SW... IMO THE FORCE is light and dark.. Period!

Comment

Do you guys prefer living under an authoritarian absolute monarchy that has a history of using weapons of mass destruction on it's own people in real life, too?
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'd probably be a Sith. Because I want cookies... and power.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                            X