How did she do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did she do this?

Scene from an episode of BSG where the President had given Baltar a letter, and he opens it to read it.

Then his head six or whatever picks up the letter.

But if she's in his head how did she do this? He's still sitting down on the OTHER side of the small room they are in.

http://users.on.net/~aviannix37/howdidshedoit.jpg
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 April 2015, 12:42 AM.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Which episode? I'd have to rewatch.. been a while.

Comment

She is in his head, so its his mental self picking it up, isnt it ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Which episode? I'd have to rewatch.. been a while.

Season 2 episode I think just after Roslin had treatment for her cancer.. She gave Baltar the letter and he opens it in his office area..

Episode is "Epiphanies"

Comment

Considered he imagined having sex with her and it turned out he just pleased himself... i'm sure he picked it up himself and she just manipulated him to make him think she did it

Comment

Or the "angel"Six actually exist but she's only visible to him...

Comment

You also have several instances where she 'choked him'..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                You also have several instances where she 'choked him'..

Yes........

She is one of the characters I didn't really care for or like.

The creators of the show said "no aliens" but were fine with supernatural gibberish...... Did not like that aspect of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Yes........

The creators of the show said "no aliens" but were fine with supernatural gibberish...... Did not like that aspect of the show.
                  we don't know if it is supernatural or something else.That's only one possible interpretation. Basically "god" ( and his "angels") in the series worked as a metaphor which is something not usually done in tv and so easily misinterpreted.

Comment

Yes........

we don't know if it is supernatural or something else.That's only one possible interpretation. Basically "god" ( and his "angels") in the series worked as a metaphor which is something not usually done in tv and so easily misinterpreted.

Comment

Yes........

It wasn't the creative team that said "No aliens", it was the actor who played William Adama, Edward James Olmos. He had a clause in his contract that basically said the first time an alien appears, he would leave the show. RDM should have told him to take a flying leap with that, but he accepted it. So, No aliens.

Myself, given that restriction, I've always thought that the supernatural aspects of the show were RDM's way of bringing in the Seraphs or "Beings of Light" from TOS. Aside from a painting on the wall of Starbuck's cabin on the garbage ship that looked sort of like one of their ships, but wasn't one, there was no mention whatsoever of the Seraphs in NuBSG, which is rather odd, since he included just about every other major aspect of TOS in some way or another.

Comment

Myself, given that restriction, I've always thought that the supernatural aspects of the show were RDM's way of bringing in the Seraphs or "Beings of Light" from TOS.
                        The difference is that G.Larson was religious ( a mormon) while R.Moore is an agnosticist so he used what is called "Deism" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism ) as is evident in Baltars worlds in the finale ( god is beyond good and evil. god is a force of nature, good and evil, we createted them ) to comment on the problem of determinisn in humam/social life. Is there free will or not? the show's answer is that perhaps there is some free will allthough human nature is deterministic. So perhaps "there is some kind of way out of here" allthough we are all "jokers and thiefs".

Comment

It wasn't the creative team that said "No aliens", it was the actor who played William Adama, Edward James Olmos. He had a clause in his contract that basically said the first time an alien appears, he would leave the show. RDM should have told him to take a flying leap with that, but he accepted it. So, No aliens.

Myself, given that restriction, I've always thought that the supernatural aspects of the show were RDM's way of bringing in the Seraphs or "Beings of Light" from TOS. Aside from a painting on the wall of Starbuck's cabin on the garbage ship that looked sort of like one of their ships, but wasn't one, there was no mention whatsoever of the Seraphs in NuBSG, which is rather odd, since he included just about every other major aspect of TOS in some way or another.

OK did not think of the original series..

Comment

OK did not think of the original series..
                            I was a young adult, in college, at the time the original Galactica aired. As a result, I can't think of one without thinking of the other, and I like both equally well. Each has it's strong points and each has its flaws.

Most of the younger folks prefer the reboot version, considering the original to be simplistic and often silly in comparison.

I believe that to be due to the younger folks never having been exposed to the way television was in the 1970's, which was completely different than it is today. Cable / home satellite TV was as of yet unheard of for most people. Most people had their choice of 3 stations, ABC, CBS & NBC, some could get PBS on a UHF channel, and some very few lucky people could get an independent, also on UHF, which for many people was an unwatchably weak signal even if there was one in their market. For many, that PBS station was the only place for Doctor Who fans to get their fix, as it was here. 11:30 PM Saturday nights.

VCR's were just entering the marketplace, and were still out of price range for most people, so time shifting was also unheard of.
                            The network censors exercised far more control of content back then, too. You couldn't get many shows that are popular today (including RDM Galactica) on the air back then for this reason alone.

Taking these differences into account, to me, at least, the original Battlestar Galactica is as good as the 2003-2009 remake was.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                              IIRC they didn't get into them being 'angles' till later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X