Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Sci Fi story Arc

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I have been on, but have kept in touch with what's happening. I am just wondering of all the Sci Fi series in say the past 20 to 25 years which do you consider had the best story Arc. This is actually a difficult one for me to answer as there have been I believe so many good ones, it's hard to decide. after much thought it came down to 2 for me, they are:

The Shadow wars on Babylon 5

The Dominion war on Deep Space 9

Since I have to pick the best for me Babylon 5 just beats Deep Space 9.

My reason for the Babylon 5 arc, is that seasons 2,3 and the first 8 episodes of season 4 was great story telling, wonderful characters, awesome battles, lots of darkness, and really enjoyable to watch. That is not saying that DS9 or other shows didn't have that, it's that this one appeals to me.

What is your favourite ARC?

Battlestar Galactica (reimagined), by far the best for me.

Comment

The Peacekeeper Wars on Farscape
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I'm not sure it's the absolute best, and even though it was short, I think the Mirror universe episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise at least have to be considered. If they had started that in season 3, and ran it a few more episodes, rather than at the very end of season 4, it might have been able to save the series.

Comment

Babylon 5
          Farscape

Those are the only two I can think of that had one long story arc throughout the entire series, although of course there were several secondary arcs going on too.

New BSG would make the list if they had limited it to two or three seasons, but it meandered too much and you could tell they were making a lot of it up as they went along. Same could be said about Lost.

Comment

From sci-fi shows its definitely Farscape and Babylon 5 that stand out. Both brilliant shows with great writing.

If we included fantasy shows I'd say that "Supernatural" had an amazing arc in seasons 4&5.

Comment

^ Supernatural seasons 4 & 5 were definitely the best the show has had, although season 10 has been quite good

Deep Space Nine 4-7 is probably the best sci fi story arc
              Babylon 5 Seasons 2-4 were equally as good
              Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined) the whole thing....
              Lost season 4-6 I loved the time travel stuff and the flash sideways were pretty decent, and although not much of an arc but smokey was great
              although recent I loved the 100 Season 2 it was great
              Stargate SG-1 I loved the Replicator and Ori stuff aswell
              Doctor Who - River Song nuff said
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 26 April 2015, 08:41 PM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

The Dominion war from DS9
                Originally posted by Descended
                That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

My favourite is the River Song arc in Doctor Who - a complete mystery and some absolutely stunning jaw dropping moments.

I also loved the whole Gene Hunt thing in Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.

Comment

Working...
                  X