Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Galaxy Quest" reboot in the works.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/gala...on-1201476536/

Paramount Television is shopping a TV spin on the 1999 comedy “Galaxy Quest,” a spoof of the sci-fi TV show that starred Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver.

Robert Gordon, who co-wrote the DreamWorks feature with David Howard, is in negotiations to work on the TV adaptation, as are original director Dean Parisot and executive producers Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. The movie’s conceit — revolving around the cast of a beloved 1970s sci-fi TV series who are inadvertently reunited for a real space trek to help an alien race — seems tailor-made for a series rendition.
    This could be good...

I loved the film. BUT i am going to remain skeptical on how well it would do as a TV show.

Comment

Let's hope they do a good job.
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

I hope they manage to do this well. I would definitely watch the show if they pull it off.

Comment

it worked for 12 Monkeys it could work for this movie as well

in fact syfy should snap this up and pair it with 12 Monkeys next season i'd watch both

kind of a shame Tim Allen is currently doing Last Man Standing, although that show can be quite funny at times
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

The movie was one of those wonderful rare one off moments when an idea works beautifully. Everything about it was so brilliantly done, I just can't see it being reproduced in a TV series to make me laugh as much as the original movie did.

Having said that, I'm quite happy to be proved wrong and have a good laugh if it succeeds!

Comment

I don't know how it would work as a series either; they can't keep claiming to be thinking the TV adventures of the stars of "Galaxy Quest" are "historical documents". The basic premise is great for a one shot deal, such as a movie, but how could this work week to week?

Comment

Anyone heard who they will get for the roles?

Comment

The first one was so good. Why remake it. They seriously are running out of ideas. There is no way the "remake" would be nearly as good.
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved the film Galaxy Quest... However, it better have a good grasp on sci-fi satire and a ridiculously overarching plot in order to make it succeed.
                    Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
                    X