The search for Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The search for Earth

I'm watching the series for the first time. I'm currently watching S02E11 and something's been annoying me for some time now: they don't really seem to be searching for Earth. I only remember 2 or 3 episodes (the Kobol ones) in which we see the characters actually doing something to find our planet, but the rest is all problems with Cylons and politics. Come on, these guys think they are the last humans alive, shouldn't they be kinda desperate to find a new home? The universe is a big place, they cannot expect Earth to miraculously appear in their radar. We never see them theorizing about where the planet is, wondering what it is like, how they'll proceed when they find it, whether they'll be well received, etc. Will they ever actually start searching?

yes they will.

However, Earth is the long-term goal. Politics, cylons etc are all short-term problems and thus more urgent.

Comment

You will see more about earth in the 3d season and much more in the 4th season including some major surprises

Comment

Thanks for replying, I'll be patient then

Comment

Man your lucky I wish I could rewatch battlestar all over again not knowing what will happen, trust us when we say you'll love it

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
            Man your lucky I wish I could rewatch battlestar all over again not knowing what will happen, trust us when we say you'll love it
            I wish the same!

Comment

That sounds great! I watched S04E07 today, I'm getting closer

Comment

Yeeaah, at a certain point in the series it did actually feel like the suvivors were like "I am sorry, why again we are traveling through space without an apparent reason".
                Almost felt like at a certain point they changed the intro to the entire series.
                Thanks God they managed to come back on rail in the following series.

Comment

Working...
                X