SyFy summer fridays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SyFy summer fridays

I don't know if anyone noticed, but both Dark Matter and Killjoys will air on friday nights! And not only that. Defiance will also air on friday night. So starting 12th of june friday nights on syfy will be science fiction nights.
    I'm not sure of course if that will be good or bad for these shows and why syfy made this decision.

Maybe they think that if there is enough stuff on the same night then people will tune in and watch it live.

Fridays have historically been good nights for Syfy shows, there is a lot less competition to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      Maybe they think that if there is enough stuff on the same night then people will tune in and watch it live.

Fridays have historically been good nights for Syfy shows, there is a lot less competition to deal with.
      Don't forget summer is quite dead for network TV.

At the very least I will watch Defiance.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

6-7 years ago, in the time of Galactica, Friday nights were SyFy's best night of the week. Then came the fake wrestling era.

SYFy's management has said that they want to get the attention of the Science fiction fans again. And, alot of people did want "ScFi Fridays" as it was promoted back then to return.

Maybe they are giving us what we want?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

Maybe they are giving us what we want?
          Possibly but it didn't work with 12 Monkeys. But of course with3 shows it could be different

Comment

I agree.
            Syffy does need to go back to 'SciFi Fridays'. That three-hour block was a great way to end the work-week.
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

ill be watching all 3 shows , looking forward to Defiance return, however Dark Matter seems to have peaked my interest slightly more than Kill Joys, so far atleast
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                Dark Matter seems to have peaked my interest slightly more than Kill Joys, so far atleast
                Same here, allthough i didn't like the kung fu with swords part

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                  Same here, allthough i didn't like the kung fu with swords part
                  that was part of what peaked my interest
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

one can hope for the return of scifi Fridays,

the invisible man-farscape-stargate

then came-eureka-and sg1-atlantis

Comment

If I was running the network, I would give reprieves to both "Haven" and "Continuum", which have both been given final season orders, and then run Haven Fridays @ 8 PM, and Continuum at 10:00 pm, and drop 12 Monkeys or another new show they're trying to launch in the 9:00 PM slot between them.
                      Both Haven and Continuum are quite popular with their audience and would do well given a good slot, and they could build audiences for newer shows between them.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                        one can hope for the return of scifi Fridays,

the invisible man-farscape-stargate

then came-eureka-and sg1-atlantis
                        Those shows were what made Syfy Fridays so great.
                        Total syffy posts: 36,690
                        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                        Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          If I was running the network, I would give reprieves to both "Haven" and "Continuum", which have both been given final season orders, and then run Haven Fridays @ 8 PM, and Continuum at 10:00 pm, and drop 12 Monkeys or another new show they're trying to launch in the 9:00 PM slot between them.
                          Both Haven and Continuum are quite popular with their audience and would do well given a good slot, and they could build audiences for newer shows between them.
                          This would work for me. Is it too late for a reprieve? Surely they could come up with a way to continue the story.

Comment

I think the door is closed on both of them, at least until someone reboots them. Haven was ended partially because the town that they filmed in had given them a tax break of some sort to do so. Eventually, the break expired, or otherwise ended, and the show followed suit shortly thereafter.
                            Continuum just didn't pull the audience numbers it needed. We were lucky to get the 6 episode 4th season to let them wrap it up.

Comment

Working...
                            X