Star Wars Rogue One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Rogue One

Looks amazing but am concered about how other canon will be affected. Just looking at this wiki page, there are a lot of books etc about stealing the Death Star plans (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star_plans)
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
    Looks amazing but am concered about how other canon will be affected. Just looking at this wiki page, there are a lot of books etc about stealing the Death Star plans (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star_plans)
    Don't confuse your canons...

The EU that we all knew and loved is gone. Disney decided that 30-odd years of officially licensed material now counts only as glorified fanfic.

The Disney canon includes only on-screen materials (selectively), plus everything published in their new canon era.

Currently, this includes:
    • Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    • Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    • The Clone Wars (movie)
    • The Clone Wars (TV series)
    • The Clone Wars Legacy: Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir (comic miniseries)
    • The Clone Wars Legacy: Crystal Crisis on Utapau arc (storyreels)
    • The Clone Wars Legacy: Bad Batch arc (storyreels)
    • The Clone Wars Legacy: Dark Disciple (forthcoming novel)
    • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    • Kanan (ongoing comic series)
    • Lords of the Sith (forthcoming novel)
    • Tarkin (novel)
    • A New Dawn (novel)
    • Rebels (movie + TV series)
    • Anthology: Rogue One (forthcoming film)
    • Episode IV: A New Hope
    • Princess Leia (comic miniseries)
    • One Thousand Levels Down (short story)
    • Heir to the Jedi (novel)
    • Star Wars (ongoing comic series)
    • Darth Vader (ongoing comic series)
    • Last Call at the Zero Angle (short story)
    • Lando (forthcoming ongoing comic series)
    • Battlefront: Twilight Company (forthcoming novel)
    • Battlefront (forthcoming video game)
    • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    • Blade Squadron (short story)
    • Aftermath (forthcoming novel)
    • Lost Stars (forthcoming novel)
    • Journey to TFA: Shattered Empire (forthcoming comic miniseries)
    • Episode VII: The Force Awakens
    • Episode VIII
    • Episode IX
    • +3 other stand-alone films that we have no info on yet

The old EU--Kyle Katarn stealing the plans in Dark Forces, for example--no longer count for anything in Disney's canon. Put them out of mind when checking out the new stuff.
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 20 April 2015, 10:28 AM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If I slaved over writing Star Wars novels and been in long discussions with Lucasarts, then have all that taken away from me, I would of killed myself.
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Seems a little dramatic.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That's an understatement...
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Currently, this includes:
            • Episode I: The Phantom Menace
            • Episode II: Attack of the Clones
            • The Clone Wars (movie)
            • The Clone Wars (TV series)
            • The Clone Wars Legacy: Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir (comic miniseries)
            • The Clone Wars Legacy: Crystal Crisis on Utapau arc (storyreels)
            • The Clone Wars Legacy: Bad Batch arc (storyreels)
            • The Clone Wars Legacy: Dark Disciple (forthcoming novel)
            • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
            • Kanan (ongoing comic series)
            • Lords of the Sith (forthcoming novel)
            • Tarkin (novel)
            • A New Dawn (novel)
            • Rebels (movie + TV series)
            • Anthology: Rogue One (forthcoming film)
            • Episode IV: A New Hope
            • Princess Leia (comic miniseries)
            • One Thousand Levels Down (short story)
            • Heir to the Jedi (novel)
            • Star Wars (ongoing comic series)
            • Darth Vader (ongoing comic series)
            • Last Call at the Zero Angle (short story)
            • Lando (forthcoming ongoing comic series)
            • Battlefront: Twilight Company (forthcoming novel)
            • Battlefront (forthcoming video game)
            • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
            • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
            • Blade Squadron (short story)
            • Aftermath (forthcoming novel)
            • Lost Stars (forthcoming novel)
            • Journey to TFA: Shattered Empire (forthcoming comic miniseries)
            • Episode VII: The Force Awakens
            • Episode VIII
            • Episode IX
            • +3 other stand-alone films that we have no info on yet
            Is Rogue One not considered to be the 1st of the 3 stand-alone films?
            sigpic

Comment

There was some confusion/conflicting reports for a while, on whether there were to be 3 or 4 standalone movies. It's since become clear that there are 3, and yes, Rogue One is one of them

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                If I slaved over writing Star Wars novels and been in long discussions with Lucasarts, then have all that taken away from me, I would of killed myself.
                While i wouldn't go that far, i certainly would seriously consider no longer writing for Lucasfilms.. I'd flat out tell them "Since you dumpd on me before, answer me why i should ever write for you again"?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  While i wouldn't go that far, i certainly would seriously consider no longer writing for Lucasfilms.. I'd flat out tell them "Since you dumpd on me before, answer me why i should ever write for you again"?
                  Timothy Zahn and Drew Karpyshyn seem interested in writing for Star Wars again. John Jackson Miller didn't mind writing for Star Wars again. Last I heard, they ain't angry with Lucasfilm to the point of not wanting to write for them. That's three names of the top of my head. I could probably find more. I vaguely remember another author with the same sentiments...actually she was unwilling to discuss future projects in an interview...because she was sworn to secrecy.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    There was some confusion/conflicting reports for a while, on whether there were to be 3 or 4 standalone movies. It's since become clear that there are 3, and yes, Rogue One is one of them
                    Sounds like Rogue One could be something in between a stand alone and a sequel(III)\prequel(IV) even if it is considered 1 of 3 confirmed stand alone films.

We all know that if these films do as well as we expect them to that these will be the first 6 of many more.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      Timothy Zahn and Drew Karpyshyn seem interested in writing for Star Wars again. John Jackson Miller didn't mind writing for Star Wars again. Last I heard, they ain't angry with Lucasfilm to the point of not wanting to write for them. That's three names of the top of my head. I could probably find more. I vaguely remember another author with the same sentiments...actually she was unwilling to discuss future projects in an interview...because she was sworn to secrecy.
                      JJM, Luceno, Kemp, and Christie Golden have all returned to the Star Wars fold. Those are some pretty big-name SW authors. Fry and Hidalgo have as well, but IIRC they are actual Lucasfilm employees, so I don't know if one would count them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        That's them. I was saying if it was ME..

Comment

Anyone think they will write Rebels to lead into Rogue One, kind of like Marvel did with AoS and the winter soldier?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            That's them. I was saying if it was ME..
                            It's a job, they got paid, **** happens. Spider man gets a reboot every decade or so. Fantastic Four got a reboot in a decade. The EU lasting this long before being rebooted is fine.

Comment

Just from the cast photo I get the feeling this movie is going to have us "in the mud" a little more than a typical Staw Wars film. Sounds interesting...

Rebel Cast Photo
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X