Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice Discussion

So, the first trailer was leaked, then released, here it is if you havent seen it:

Thoughts? Not jumping out at me to be honest...

I´m really tired of the Jesus metaphor for Superman, it just feels way to forced and silly to me.

Still, I hope the movie turns out well since there can never be too many good superhero movies

Comment

I don't even see the premise for this movie as logical except to put butts in theater seats.

Batman, while inventive, smart, resourceful and in every other way a superb example of homo sapiens is at the end of the day merely a Human.
      Pitted against an equally smart, resourceful and inventive alien with super powers, there is no contest.

Comment

I'm not a comic book reader, were Batman and Superman enemies at some point?? I guess I don't understand the premise.

Comment

Ive not read the comics, but I saw it as they dont like eachother, but work together for the common good.

I must say though, as much as I love Batman (never really gotten into Superman) films, this just isnt jumping out at me. Also seems strange they are not setting the films in the TV universe thats been made...

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
            I´m really tired of the Jesus metaphor for Superman, it just feels way to forced and silly to me.

Still, I hope the movie turns out well since there can never be too many good superhero movies
            Really? I mean, I super powered alien comes to earth and begins selflessly saving people... if that happened in real life you better bet there would be people who worshipped him. Besides, Superman always has had a hint of Jesus about him.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I don't even see the premise for this movie as logical except to put butts in theater seats.

Batman, while inventive, smart, resourceful and in every other way a superb example of homo sapiens is at the end of the day merely a Human.
            Pitted against an equally smart, resourceful and inventive alien with super powers, there is no contest.
            Superman also gets cocky because of those same powers and tends to underestimate those who he sees as lesser than him. Those superpowers are also vulnerable and can be taken from him.

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
            I'm not a comic book reader, were Batman and Superman enemies at some point?? I guess I don't understand the premise.
            They're often depicted as only really having a grudging respect for each other, but generally they will tend to start out distrusting each other. Superman sees Batman as a overly violent vigilante and Batman sees Superman as far to powerful not to be considered a potential threat. Batman keeps a sliver of kryptonite just in case he ever needs to take Supes down. In fact he has contingency planes to act against any member of the League should the need arise.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Ive not read the comics, but I saw it as they dont like eachother, but work together for the common good.

I must say though, as much as I love Batman (never really gotten into Superman) films, this just isnt jumping out at me. Also seems strange they are not setting the films in the TV universe thats been made...
            I get why that irks people, but personally it makes more sense to have a separate cinematic universe. After all, it restricts story telling from either side. You might be able to get away with it in Arrow, but the Flash is a big part of the Justice League, and while the TV version of the Flash is awesome (honestly one of my favourite shows right now) the tone of that world does not fit in with that which was created in Man of Steel. In fact the TV shows already ruled themselves out by not associating themselves with the events in Man of Steel... aliens coming to Earth would be a big deal after all, and presently Super powered Meta-humans are still the biggest deal In Flash's world.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yeah, I see where your coming from. The Flash is also one of my favourites right now, its great.

This film is a strange one for me, Im looking forward to it, but at the same time, nothing that comes out makes me go "Thats awesome" or get excited for it... Im sure once we've had a proper trailer and its closer to the time Ill get more into it, but at the moment, Im not fussed...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Yeah, I see where your coming from. The Flash is also one of my favourites right now, its great.

This film is a strange one for me, Im looking forward to it, but at the same time, nothing that comes out makes me go "Thats awesome" or get excited for it... Im sure once we've had a proper trailer and its closer to the time Ill get more into it, but at the moment, Im not fussed...
                I'm the same but I suspect that's just cos we've only had teasers. I am very eager to see Afleck as Batman though. Based on that voice at the end I think he'll kick-ass.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  I'm the same but I suspect that's just cos we've only had teasers. I am very eager to see Afleck as Batman though. Based on that voice at the end I think he'll kick-ass.
                  Im not so keen on the voice yet, but Ive only heard two lines, not going to decide on it till Ive heard more...

Comment

It reminded me a lot of Peter Weller's take from the Dark Knight Returns.

Comment

For what it was (a preview) i liked it. Though why ben? Didn't everyone seem to hate him as daredevil?

Comment

Looks interesting, but still doesnt have me itching to go see it...

Comment

It certainly has me piqued..

Comment

I´m a bit less worried about Batfleck but I'm still think they miscast Luthor.

Comment

Saw mentioned on the IMDB page for this film that Jason Moma (Ronan Dex) has been cast for Aquaman...

Comment

Working...
                              X