• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation Mongoose, Part 2 (423)

ONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    OPERATION MONGOOSE, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 423
    The Author proves to be a formidable wild card and forges an alliance with Gold. Emma, her parents, Hook and Regina scramble to stop them, but when Gold and the Author turn the tables on heroes and villains alike, the prospect of any happy outcome appears worlds away. Henry discovers he has big shoes to fill as he steps up to save his family before the story's final page is turned. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 September 2015, 10:51 PM.

The 2nd half of the season ender was better, from Henry becoming the new author, to the breaking of the pen, to the 'apprentice' trying to push the evil inside the dark one into the hat but ultimately failing.
    But it was shocking to see Emma sacrifice herself like that to trap the dark one essence.
    Now i wonder what will become of Rumple?

Comment

I thought it was brilliant, but there were some annoying moments. Again, it felt like the fandom writing the story when Henry became the Author(I'm also predicting we won't see Isaac for awhile).

I thought Emma becoming the Dark One(where'd she go?) was cool, but unnecessary. Why didn't Belle just use True Love's Kiss on Rumple and dispel the darkness? And Merlin? Really?

Glad to see Emma admit her love to Hook. I would've loved it if he had said it first(in the scene where she was too afraid to say it).

It was great to see Henry being a hero, although he could've used better methods to convince Regina than tell the whole crazy story. Why do they always do that?

Best part of the episode was Isaac. Although the bad boss thing at the end was very, very stupid, he shined in the rest of the episode("Please, please be dead.")

So Rumple isn't the Dark One anymore... that's pretty epic. It's gonna be great seeing him get used to being a regular man again.

Again, August was brought back just to spout a bit of exposition. His character needs to become relevant again and fast. Why wasn't he in the Enchanted Forest, maybe in the council scene with the dwarves and Granny?

Henry NOT becoming an Author... lame.

Overall, flawed, but decent finale. A bit of a rip-off of the season 3 finale, if you ask me, but it was better. The Author story is one of the best things this show has done.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        I thought it was brilliant, but there were some annoying moments. Again, it felt like the fandom writing the story when Henry became the Author(I'm also predicting we won't see Isaac for awhile).

I thought Emma becoming the Dark One(where'd she go?) was cool, but unnecessary. Why didn't Belle just use True Love's Kiss on Rumple and dispel the darkness? And Merlin? Really?

Glad to see Emma admit her love to Hook. I would've loved it if he had said it first(in the scene where she was too afraid to say it).

It was great to see Henry being a hero, although he could've used better methods to convince Regina than tell the whole crazy story. Why do they always do that?

Best part of the episode was Isaac. Although the bad boss thing at the end was very, very stupid, he shined in the rest of the episode("Please, please be dead.")

So Rumple isn't the Dark One anymore... that's pretty epic. It's gonna be great seeing him get used to being a regular man again.

Again, August was brought back just to spout a bit of exposition. His character needs to become relevant again and fast. Why wasn't he in the Enchanted Forest, maybe in the council scene with the dwarves and Granny?

Henry NOT becoming an Author... lame.

Overall, flawed, but decent finale. A bit of a rip-off of the season 3 finale, if you ask me, but it was better. The Author story is one of the best things this show has done.
        Awesome season Finale. Yeah it was a rip-off from Season 3, but as you said it was way better. The whole Author thing sure makes for a great Story.

All in all the whole setup was pretty senseless though. We got to see the Characters in different roles, but didnt really get any Info on why our Heroes switched places with the Villains. That said the whole Happy End for the Villains thing got screwed over though. The roles where just reversed, the Heroes still win.

Why Emma got locked up with Lillith is odd as well. I get that the Author did not want a saviour in his Story, but he could have given her any role. I would say eventhough he used Lillys blood, the darkness was still part of Emma and thats why he could not manipulate her. He manipulated Lilly though, so again odd.

As for Rumple not being the Dark one anymore, I would wager he is now Rumple the white one. His heart didnt turn red, but rather glowing white. Could mean that he now got a blank slate, but that heart probably still got magic powers.

Seeing Henry be the Hero was great. I agree that his way of convincing People has not changed at all. He should know by now that eventhough its the truth, nobody is going to believe him if he just blurts out as much crazy as he can come up with. He is pretty much the most powerful of them all now though. Only because he broke the Pen, does not mean he stops being the new Author. He just showed that he was not interrested in using that Power, a quality that the apprentice was looking for. If they ever need him, all they need is some magic wood. *Cough* August *Cough*
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
          Awesome season Finale. Yeah it was a rip-off from Season 3, but as you said it was way better. The whole Author thing sure makes for a great Story.

All in all the whole setup was pretty senseless though. We got to see the Characters in different roles, but didnt really get any Info on why our Heroes switched places with the Villains. That said the whole Happy End for the Villains thing got screwed over though. The roles where just reversed, the Heroes still win.

Why Emma got locked up with Lillith is odd as well. I get that the Author did not want a saviour in his Story, but he could have given her any role. I would say eventhough he used Lillys blood, the darkness was still part of Emma and thats why he could not manipulate her. He manipulated Lilly though, so again odd.

As for Rumple not being the Dark one anymore, I would wager he is now Rumple the white one. His heart didnt turn red, but rather glowing white. Could mean that he now got a blank slate, but that heart probably still got magic powers.

Seeing Henry be the Hero was great. I agree that his way of convincing People has not changed at all. He should know by now that eventhough its the truth, nobody is going to believe him if he just blurts out as much crazy as he can come up with. He is pretty much the most powerful of them all now though. Only because he broke the Pen, does not mean he stops being the new Author. He just showed that he was not interrested in using that Power, a quality that the apprentice was looking for. If they ever need him, all they need is some magic wood. *Cough* August *Cough*
          I don't want him to have magic, to be honest. Seeing mortal Rumple scavenge for power would be a great way to continue his story.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Remember that comment I made a few episodes back about wanting Regina to become the saviour.... Looks to me like there's a vacancy now.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I don't want him to have magic, to be honest. Seeing mortal Rumple scavenge for power would be a great way to continue his story.
              That is one way to go. Have rumple just me a no magic ordinary guy from here on out.

One thing i would like ot say that my mother mentioned..
              Why is it when ever the 'heroes are standing outside fighting what ever', we never see anyone else, even just running around in the backround (other than when Mr ice-man showed up)..

Comment

Shouldn't Isaac have regained his powers as the Author when everything he wrote was undone and supposedly never happened?

Comment

Shouldn't Isaac have regained his powers as the Author when everything he wrote was undone and supposedly never happened?
                  I don't know about that. But the pen did choose Henry to be the next Author. Did we even see the Isaac when everyone was back in Storybrooke?

Comment

No he said a few times that one of the cardinal rules of being the author is not writing yourself a happy ending. He did so he lost his power as the author.
                    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                    sigpic

Comment

Though it does make you wonder, what happened to him after henry undid things.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Though it does make you wonder, what happened to him after henry undid things.
                        Well, he lost his power and was trying to flee Storybrook. Though Charming and Snow stopped and arrested him, thats when he gave his rant about Charming reminding him of his Boss.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
                          No he said a few times that one of the cardinal rules of being the author is not writing yourself a happy ending. He did so he lost his power as the author.
                          Yes, but Henry wrote that all of Isaac's work was undone, INCLUDING his own happy ending. Technically, it never happened. So Isaac should still be the Author.

Comment

Not sure if it would have worked like that. BUT it is an interesting angle.

Comment

It's better than having Henry become the Author only to break the quill.

Comment

Working...
                              X