• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother (421)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FOUR
    MOTHER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 421
    Emma returns to Storybrooke to reunite Lily with Maleficent while Regina and Robin struggle to cope with the implications of Zelena's pregnancy. When Gold's health takes a turn for the worse, Isaac looks to a new ally for help procuring the magic ink he needs to re-write history. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 May 2015, 10:15 PM.

So, they are going to run with Zelena being pregnant. That is going to be fun.

By now I just wait where they are going with all of this. This Episode was better than the last, but it just felt like it was going through the motions. Adult Lilly just does not convince me, the Actriss may look similar to her Mom, but compared to her young self she has the emotional ability of a rock.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Compared to other eps, this was sub par. The only 2 parts i liked were when Emma came to snow's aid and healed her, and the comment of Maleficent to lilly "I will train you to be a dragon *****'...

BUT how dumb was Regina by not having something to stop the Author from running away with the ink AND quill like that?

Comment

I notice that when Emma does her forgiveness stuff, she addresses it to Snow and not to Charming. She barely even looks at him. So apparently this issue is more mother-daughter than it is mother-father-daughter.

And Hook has become not much more than a supporting role since he hooked up with Emma. He pretty much stands around, looking pretty, giving Emma advice on life and how she should forgive and all that. I miss the old Hook.

Loved the scenes between Maleficent and Lily. Lily has a right to be so angry, but she just came across as a total little snot (as far as I was concerned). It was impressive when she turned into a dragon. She didn't know how t handle it and seemed to be having some trouble turning back into a human being in that field.

Loved the scene with Maleficent, Snow and Charming all in the pick-up looking for Lily and then seeing her in all her dragon glory.

And how did Robin know where to look for Regina and the Author? How did he know about the cell in the dungeon where Regina had kept Belle prisoner for 30 years or so? Did Regina tell him about this?

And what the heck happened to August? He was around for about three episodes and we haven't seen or heard a word about him since then. Did he go back to living with Gepetto? Did he leave town again?

Interesting explanation as to why Regina couldn't have children.

Comment

One thing about the author....everyone seems to underestimate him. They all seem to think he's benign and sweet when he's really a manipulative nut.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought the episode was a mixed bag. The Cora return made very little sense to me as did her sudden desire to help Regina(I thought she couldn't feel love... does she have "Heart days"?). It was all worth it for the "Yes, hello, Henry, now get out." Brilliant.

Another thing that didn't make sense was Zelena's plan. She had a baby with Robin. So what? Can't Regina just adopt the kid or... something? This is just desperate on her part. At least we got tons of sexy Rebecca Mader smiling.

I agree with Tomstone, adult Lily is an utter bore. Didn't care about her or Maleficent one whit. She was cooler as a dragon(who isn't?). I really want to know who the father is, now.

The story is finally progressing, which is great. The Heroes and Villains book... I want one! They better start selling those. So cool. Is it just me though, or is the Author being treated as a piece of meat? Come here, write me this. Why doesn't he just write himself to safety and then do whatever he wanted? Why exactly is he so loyal to Gold?

So the Dark One's curse doesn't just make them go evil, it makes them lose their humanity? Then how was Gold able to reverse the process when he was being so nice in seasons 2 and 3? And why doesn't Belle just kiss it all away again? We know she can do that.

And yes, the obvious question: where the heck is August? Please don't let him vanish like Jefferson, please. I thought Emma said he was her best friend and everything, this is stupid!
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Also, the promo for next time... scary as hell.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
              X