• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dirty Half Dozen (219)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    THE DIRTY HALF DOZEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 219
    Coulson convinces Gonzales to back a mission to infiltrate a Hydra facility and rescue Mike and Lincoln, who are being subjected to experiments by a scientist wanting to create and control powered people. Raina realizes the extent of her true powers, and Jemma hatches her own plan against Grant Ward.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 29 April 2015, 10:00 PM.

Very good episode..
    Just wow. I loved how it set up for Age of Ultron!

Spoiler:
    I loved how ward effectively got the team back together, but hated that Simmons went so dark to try and kill him. If anything it should be Fitz!
    I loved how awesome Skye was in the fight at the bunker, and loved Ward's comment to Skye on "So that's what happened to you"..

I liked Raina talking back to Skye's mom (still have issues pronouncing/spelling her damn name)..

I could have done without the 'group meeting' by video conferencing about whether or not to take the action. And hated it that Edward james olmos's character might now do to skye and Lincon what Hydra wanted to do..

Comment

Now that old mother ****er knows that Fury is alive. I hope Fury comes & kick him & his buddies & fake shield OUT in the finale

Comment

Originally posted by TheRandomOne View Post
        Now that old mother ****er knows that Fury is alive. I hope Fury comes & kick him & his buddies & fake shield OUT in the finale
        I think SHIELD works pretty effectively with Gonzales in command, I just reckon he goes about things the wrong way... Hoping Coulso gets to keep the carrier now he's lost The Bus though...

And THE BUS! NOOOOOO! I loved that damn plane!
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Loved this episode! So many thoughts and feelings! Off the top of my head and in no particular order:
          --THE BUS!!! Can't believe they let it get blown up, but in a way it seemed fitting. The old team was most definitely dead and getting rid of the Bus seemed like a nice parallel to that.
          --Loved the humor in this episode. All the Ward-hate around the table was pretty funny.
          --I'm a huge Melinda May fan and I wasn't sure that any fight scene ever would rival the May vs. May fight...but I think Skye's solo fight (all done in one tracking shot!) was pretty fantastic. Kudos to Chloe Bennet and the entire production team that made that happen!!!
          --The May and Coulson showdown was good. Some people think May was unnecessarily angry with Coulson but I disagree. She understands that the Director of SHIELD will have some secrets. She said as much to Gonzales when he first questioned her about Coulson. But aside from there being a lot of secrets - big ones - he also saw her ex behind her back. I think that was the very personal betrayal. And really, it doesn't make sense to me why Coulson would have kept it secret. May was the only one he told about the alien writing. Why couldn't he tell her he was seeking counseling? Just because it was her ex? Lame excuse. May would see past her history with Andrew knowing he was the only one Coulson could confide in. And wasn't that what happened when they needed someone to evaluate Skye for the Index? Coulson hinted to May about who he'd call if it "wasn't a thing" and you know he knew she'd say it wasn't. Besides, Coulson agreed he was wrong and promised to apologize at length. Too bad we probably won't see that.
          --That Raina is sneaky. She knows what her power is now. How long will it take for her to be able to use it to manipulate the people around her? Honestly, who is to say that she won't lie to someone about what she sees? This is gonna get tricky.
          --Jemma was going to kill Ward and succeeded in killing Bakshi. Everyone has focused on how Fitz has been recovering but I wonder if Jemma doesn't still have some issues, too. Remember that Fitz did try to attack Ward in the last episode. Plus the first time Fitz saw Ward this season he removed all the oxygen from his cell. Would Fitz have stopped what he was doing if Ward hadn't provided crucial info about Donnie Gill?
          --So, Ward did a good thing by leaving Kara with SHIELD. However, he is NOT forgiven and he is NOT redeemed. Ward had a line explaining his biggest regret and then he mentions that it isn't lying or dropping FitzSimmons out of a plane but that he tore apart them team/family. I don't think he was saying he didn't regret anything else, just saying what his BIGGEST regret was. I think he regrets many things. And yet, I think he has excuses for a lot of things he did. But bottom line is that he doesn't believe he has enough good in him and doesn't think he deserves forgiveness.
          --Coulson dropping the bomb on Gonzales that Fury was still alive was AWESOME. And then his conversation with Hill - them laughing about putting decisions to a vote. I'm still dying to know what Theta Protocol is exactly. At first I thought it just meant calling in the Avengers, but didn't Hill ask if Theta Protocol was ready? If so, what would Coulson have to do with getting the Avengers ready?
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

OMG, such a tease for Avengers: Age of Ultron... Now I really need to see it!

So, will next episode have spoilers from Age of Ultron?

Comment

My one complaint so far is the whole situation with Shield. It's too...fractured. I'm not buying into that story line. It makes sense that Coulson's team wasn't the only remnant left of old Shield. I never quite accepted that it all went way and always expected that there would be a remnant here and there and that Coulson would end up finding them all. But at the same time, this whole Gonzales VS Coulson secret VS voting thing just doesn't seem right to me.

Somehow, based on the ending, I don't see this little conflict ending anytime soon. Not until they agree to something. Something halfway between Coulson's idea of Shield and that of Gonzales's idea of Shield.

Is it Gonzalez or Gonzales? Because there are two spellings...
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                I think SHIELD works pretty effectively with Gonzales in command, I just reckon he goes about things the wrong way... Hoping Coulso gets to keep the carrier now he's lost The Bus though...

And THE BUS! NOOOOOO! I loved that damn plane!
                That was the ONLY thing i hated about the plan.. They had to sacrifice a damn fine plane to get in.

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                I'm still dying to know what Theta Protocol is exactly. At first I thought it just meant calling in the Avengers, but didn't Hill ask if Theta Protocol was ready? If so, what would Coulson have to do with getting the Avengers ready.
                Maybe its some sort of means to contact Thor?

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  I'm still dying to know what Theta Protocol is exactly. At first I thought it just meant calling in the Avengers, but didn't Hill ask if Theta Protocol was ready? If so, what would Coulson have to do with getting the Avengers ready?
                  Originally posted by garhkal View Post

Maybe its some sort of means to contact Thor?
                  I'm fairly sure this is answered in Ultron. I mean I can't say for sure because it isn't stated outright but I'm almost certain that at the end of the film we see what Theta Protocol is.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Wouldnt they know that Thor is on Earth now?

P-90, now your just teasing... Although I think I know what it is too, even from not seeing the movie... Damn, I need to see Age of Ultron...

Comment

So is it supposed to be this ep, ultron then ep 220? Or is it this and ep 220, then ultron?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        So is it supposed to be this ep, ultron then ep 220? Or is it this and ep 220, then ultron?
                        I'm pretty sure 220 is during or after Ultron.

Slight movie spoiler
                        Spoiler:
                        The movie starts with the Avengers attacking the Hydra base Coluson sent Maria the intel on.

Comment

Gotcha.. SO i am ok to watch ultron next tuesday morning (5 dollar tuesdays!) then catch shield later in the evening!

Comment

It was my impression from TPTB Ultron would have little impact on SHIELD unlike Winter Soldier.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I doubt that Theta protocol would be more about the movie than the show. The amount that has been invested on it seems like it would be smarter to have that roll out in the show that will honor the character's instead of a movie that would ignore them. It could be related to the inhumans.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X