• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melinda (217)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON TWO
    MELINDA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 217
    Skye continues her training with Jiaying, and gains new insight into the secret community of meta-humans. May has to choose sides when evidence against Coulson mounts, pressing her to recall the fateful mission in Bahrain that made her who she is today.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 April 2015, 08:52 PM.

Loved this episode. Initial thoughts:
    --Amazing job by Ming-Na Wen. Loved seeing pre-Bahrain May. She was happily married and they were talking about starting a family. She even called Andrew right before she had to go in all alone. So sad to see what she had to do. It seems that Bahrain was the main reason for the collapse of her marriage. FEELS!!!
    --Present day May - working "with" the other SHIELD. They are allowing her to take charge of the Playground and want her to see what they've already discovered - Coulson has been keeping *very* big secrets. May had been ready to defend him but as evidence piles up, things don't look good. May want Jemma to open the Toolbox (which apparently no one knows they don't actually have!) in order to find out what Coulson has been hiding. So, when will Jemma reveal that Fitz has the Toolbox? Hopefully after the agents tailing Fitz have lost him. And without further explanation or proof - what will May do? She said she would bring Coulson in herself. I don't want to see a showdown like the one in 1x17 in reverse (where Coulson was pointing a gun at May and thinking she was a traitor). What is Coulson keeping secret from May?
    --Theta protocol. Apparently no one knows what exactly this Theta protocol is...except the Koenigs. In 2x10, as the team is getting ready to go down and blow the alien temple, Coulson told Sam that he and Billy should go straight to HQ. "If things go radically south here, I'll need you to implement the Theta protocol." Sam starts to protest and Coulson says it's an order. So, this is something Koenig wasn't necessarily in favor of doing. I thought it would be something as simple as ordering a self-destruct in the Playground or something - to make sure Hydra didn't get their hands on their base.
    --The Skye storyline was great - and I *loved* that it tied into May's backstory as well! Jiaying is able to help Skye use her powers and accept them to some degree. Glad Jiaying told Skye she was her mother. And the explanation of why she kept it a secret makes total sense, too. But we all know that secrets don't stay hidden for long. I'm really worried now for what will happen to Skye and Jiaying. I gathered from the ep that people who go through terragenesis without being selected or without proper preparation are usually put down. And they couldn't put down Raina without putting down Skye as well, so both of them have been brought to Afterlife in order to help them transition and adjust.
    --Raina has the power of premonition!!! I wonder how it works - if she has to have some connection to someone before she can see some part of their future. She obviously has connections to Cal and Skye. What are her nightmares about? Whose future is she seeing?
    --Loved the end of the ep - Fitz figured out how to get into the Toolbox and has called Coulson and Hunter to help him get away from the agents tailing him. (That's not going to look too good either - when Coulson/Hunter help Fitz get away from the agents tailing him and that's reported back to the other SHIELD.)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

What an ep/ ANd that her name of the cavalry came cause the 'true cavalry' had been taken over by a kid... Sweet irony.

I wonder if Raina and gordon (or the other guy helping) will become lovers..?

Comment

Wonder what Theta protocol turns out to be... Any guesses?

Comment

Maybe some sort of mutant academy??

Comment

This episode fantastic. I think Coulson is making a new Avengers team.

Comment

Noticed a little detail skye mentioned, she said she was at st agnes orphanage, shes got to only be a few years younger than matt murdock, so any chance theyve met

Comment

Depends if they are going to use the Netflix version, or the film version..
                But it might make for an interesting twist if they DID know one another!

Comment

I think at this point anything before the second hulk film is being ignored, and they did say the Netflix series, would be an integral part of the MCU, even if they do know each other, doesnt mean we'll see them interact, could just be a little detail to show its the same world

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                    I think at this point anything before the second hulk film is being ignored, and they did say the Netflix series, would be an integral part of the MCU, even if they do know each other, doesnt mean we'll see them interact, could just be a little detail to show its the same world
                    Correction, anything before Iron Man is ignored. The Incredible Hulk was released a month or two after Iron Man.

Comment

So why is IM1 ignored?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        So why is IM1 ignored?
                        Iron Man isn't ignored. Anything before that was not produced by Marvel Studios and isn't part of the MCU.

Comment

Working...
                        X