So, my 6th or so rewatch done..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my 6th or so rewatch done..

So, not much space sci-fi stuff on TV anymore, it's all gone, no Stargate, no Star Trek, no BSG, no Firefly, no Farscape, etc. So I figured I'd rewatch BSG one more time, since it's been at least couple of years since last time I watched it

Battlestar Galactica is definitely my favorite show, period. It's a complete epic saga, such a masterpiece. I learn new things every time I watch it. Understand it differently. If I were going on some journey for many years and I could only bring with me one TV series, it would be BSG. Best characters, best acting, best story, just magnificent.

Kind of a shame Caprica didn't live up to its expectations, but Blood&Chrome was promising, although I don't really like prequels because no matter what happens in them you do know the final outcome. I wonder if we'll ever see something related to Battlestar Galactica again.

Might be a while, but I'm sure we'll hear more out of the Galactica franchise at some point. There had been talk of a Bryan Singer Galactica remake, based more on TOS Galactica, but he got sidetracked on that, and then Glen Larson's passing last November probably slowed things even more, but I think we'll see something else at some point.

Comment

Only 6th?! i have reached the 11th !

Comment

only watched bsg like 3 times
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I've watched it twice... I'd like to watch it again, though.
          sigpic

Comment

When I first watchedthe show, I was like a teen, and still rewatch some of the episodes.
            Totally loved the theme of the space battles!

Comment

I was an adult when TOS first came out in 1979. I've rewatched TOS many times over the years, and when the 2003 reboot was announced, I eagerly awaited that, and I was not disappointed. It was different, but just as good as the original.

I wonder, though. The basic premise is a retelling of the biblical story of Exodus, which most have been exposed to at some point in our lives, whether we believe in it or not.

I wonder if that familiarity with the underlying story has something to do with how well this series has been received, how well it seems to resonate with the audience, TOS and NuBSG.

Comment

Working...
              X