No announcement yet.

Dark Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad they cut back on the profanity in the second episode.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

Apparently episode 4 is directed by our very own Amanda Tapping.

Comment

Originally posted by futuristiclover View Post
        Apparently episode 4 is directed by our very own Amanda Tapping.
        Indeed. Here's an interview: http://www.westender.com/arts-cultur...ping-1.1976123
        Last edited by Mike.; 27 June 2015, 06:34 AM. Reason: Fixed link
        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I haven't been convinced by TV watch ratings in over 10 years to much Piracy going on.
          No way they can honestly measure things with any accuracy.

So many bad shows continue due to good measured ratings while you see lots of beloved shows or even good shows canceled without giving it a chance or is to smart for the majority of people (Not to sound harsh ) To much dialogue in general in shows to much explained also, and the good show just let you know enough and let you interpret ate that from subtext.

So maybe not completely on topic here. And DM is still a show that needs to develop over time ( if it is going to continue to air) They started quite basic and and still may seem a bit simple even but i do believe that this show if it does keep the chance to continue it still can become very good. Maybe even on par with SG1 all though that seems impossible. Or at least that it indirectly Honors the show in someway.
          Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Well folks. Now I know why the proposed remake of Blakes 7 was dropped. Dark Matter has many of the elements of that series. The ship load of criminals, the nasty corporation or Federation in B7. Travelling about the galaxy doing good deeds and opposing the nasty forces in charge. Being on the run from powerful forces. Dark Matter is an Upgrade Blakes 7.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
              Well folks. Now I know why the proposed remake of Blakes 7 was dropped. Dark Matter has many of the elements of that series. The ship load of criminals, the nasty corporation or Federation in B7. Travelling about the galaxy doing good deeds and opposing the nasty forces in charge. Being on the run from powerful forces. Dark Matter is an Upgrade Blakes 7.
              The resemblance hasn't gone unnoticed in Blake's 7 circles.

Comment

Maybe even a touch of Firefly as well?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
                  It's a bad copy of B7.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                    It's a bad copy of B7.

Yeh but they're bad characters so it fits

Comment

I di have a couple of problems with the show;

1. THREE-Name: Marcus Boone, I find him to be fairly grating and annoying, to the point he makes me want to just turn off the show.

2. they don't seem too bright, you would think that the first people to wake up out of hyper sleep would be the chief engineer and the captain.

3.they seem to be trying to make the two new shows sort of like guardians of the galaxy, but it just seems so forced, the only one on the show that seems even a little bit comfortable is the guy who plays-SIX-Name: Griffin Jones, he did an early SCIFI show called first wave he was one of the gwah.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160277/

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=s...ts=&gws_rd=ssl

Comment

I'm glad they decided to carry on the adventure and work on a second season.

Comment

Its now on Netflix apparently
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Its now on Netflix apparently
                            It is. I hope that gets some more viewers. Maybe Killjoys will eventually as well
                            sigpic

Comment

I honestly was surprised to see it on Netflix already. You normally don't see shows on Netflix until their DVDs come out
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                                Will Wheaton on dark matter

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...on-and-acting/

Also David Hewlett wil be a reccuring character
                                I think its a strong show, hope it picks up a little next season

Comment

Working...
                                X