Dark Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
    And who's fault is that ? Why not just make a website where you bay like 5$ a month and region free to everyone to see.
    But they dont want our money so i will torrent them cause i dont have that channel anymore and when i did it didnt show any new shows on it to or did but in a year delay.

They should just take the money from where they can and not whine cause everyone have region block and cant see when comes online. It's there fault that they live in the stone age and dont want to advance into 21th century.

It takes five minuts (100/100mb connection) and i have already downloaded 720p version in torrents and seed it over one time.
    It's not my fault that i cant get this on the day it premiers on tv by the legal ways. Dont expect me to wait a year when they release dvd's that i have no device to use them anyway.

Even my pc dont have dvdrom cause everything is on usb sticks that are smaller, faster and easyer.
    Well said. I'm also in a country where Dark Matter will not be available legally.

If Syfy didn't bother making it available and in a convenient way, the consequences are fully on them.

Originally posted by Katch View Post
    I'm completely on this side of the argument but it is a difficult one. Lets assume that right now SyFy decide to have region free pay-per-view and subscription services available internationally. This new service costs $x per view or $xx per month.

Regardless of what $x and $xx are it will be more expensive than obtaining illegally and many will still choose the free option.

Except that pay services like Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Prime and Steam are wildly successful even though the content is also available on a wide variety of illegal sites.

It has been said time and time again that piracy is a service problem, not that people will always go for the $0 option. Google said it, Gabe Newell (of Valve/Steam) said it, Netflix said it, along with many others.

This whole predicament was brought about by the methods of greedy execs who don't understand what the market wants and instead choose to alienate it for a supposed gain, which actually ends up costing them a lot of money.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

This looks exciting!

Anyone know anything of the New Zealand distribution?

Comment

It's still waiting on my DVR, how was it?

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
          I'd suggest waiting until you have both parts of the pilot to watch together.

Comment

Looks like the majority were right. From TVByTheNumbers

Show Net Time Viewership (000s, Live+SD) Adults 18-49 rating (Live+SD)

DARK MATTER SYFY 10p 1.279 0.3
            DEFIANCE SYFY 8p 1.111 0.2
            sigpic

Comment

1.2M is not a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                1.2M is not a great start.
                It is better than they have any right to expect, considering their actions over the past few years.
                They have to earn their audience's loyalty again, and I think they know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  It is better than they have any right to expect, considering their actions over the past few years.
                  Perhaps but It doesn't seem that they know how to do that

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    No they don't. Most people don't have an emotional connection to a TV channel
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      No they don't. Most people don't have an emotional connection to a TV channel
                      Maybe not emotional, but many of us felt betrayed by a network supposedly devoted to science fiction that abandoned that for weak fantasy/paranormal shows and wrestling. They will have to do better than Dark Matter (and I suspect Killjoys) to regain our trust. The Expanse and Childhood's End might be the last chances I give them.

Comment

My point still stands. Most people don't care about networks like that. They just drift to channels with shows or movies that interest them
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                          I thought it was ok, not brilliant but not awful either, i'll probably watch the next one then make up my mind if it's worth sticking with. I think the android is going to get annoying quickly though.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                            Perhaps but It doesn't seem that they know how to do that
                            They may be faltering, but I think they are at least trying. After all, they did put 12 Monkeys, Dark Matter, as well as other efforts coming down the pipe on rather than more fake wrestling & reality crap. They might not be getting it quite right yet, but I think we have to give them credit for trying.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              My point still stands. Most people don't care about networks like that. They just drift to channels with shows or movies that interest them
                              I think it's more about image. I don't think most people consciously seek out shows to watch. Hell, most of the time i don't. I just go to the channels i know often have some good stuff and see if there's anything on. And well, if you have a reputation that your stuff is crap....

Comment

So far I am liking this show!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X