View Poll Results: What do you think will be the ratings for the Premiere?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 1 million?

5 20.00%
  • between 1 and 1.5 mil?

13 52.00%
  • between 1.5 and 2 mil?

5 20.00%
  • more than 2 mil?

2 8.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Matter

Default Re: Dark Matter

Thanks for the links, pakar! I'm feeling the hype.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Second Lieutenant
    10.000 light years from Earth and going farther

one more article about the series

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...01-ghccnj.html

Second Lieutenant

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Katch View Post
    and then there is the problem of torrents and illegal streaming sites...

I guess SciFi shows seem to get hit by this a lot due to the nature of its demographic.
    And who's fault is that ? Why not just make a website where you bay like 5$ a month and region free to everyone to see.
    But they dont want our money so i will torrent them cause i dont have that channel anymore and when i did it didnt show any new shows on it to or did but in a year delay.

They should just take the money from where they can and not whine cause everyone have region block and cant see when comes online. It's there fault that they live in the stone age and dont want to advance into 21th century.

It takes five minuts (100/100mb connection) and i have already downloaded 720p version in torrents and seed it over one time.
    It's not my fault that i cant get this on the day it premiers on tv by the legal ways. Dont expect me to wait a year when they release dvd's that i have no device to use them anyway.

Even my pc dont have dvdrom cause everything is on usb sticks that are smaller, faster and easyer.
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by lopo30 View Post
    And who's fault is that ? Why not just make a website where you bay like 5$ a month and region free to everyone to see.
    But they dont want our money so i will torrent them cause i dont have that channel anymore and when i did it didnt show any new shows on it to or did but in a year delay.

They should just take the money from where they can and not whine cause everyone have region block and cant see when comes online. It's there fault that they live in the stone age and dont want to advance into 21th century.

It takes five minuts (100/100mb connection) and i have already downloaded 720p version in torrents and seed it over one time.
    It's not my fault that i cant get this on the day it premiers on tv by the legal ways. Dont expect me to wait a year when they release dvd's that i have no device to use them anyway.

Even my pc dont have dvdrom cause everything is on usb sticks that are smaller, faster and easyer.
    I'm completely on this side of the argument but it is a difficult one. Lets assume that right now SyFy decide to have region free pay-per-view and subscription services available internationally. This new service costs $x per view or $xx per month.

Regardless of what $x and $xx are it will be more expensive than obtaining illegally and many will still choose the free option.

Quote Originally Posted by lopo30 View Post

Well said. I'm also in a country where Dark Matter will not be available legally.

If Syfy didn't bother making it available and in a convenient way, the consequences are fully on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katch View Post
    I'm completely on this side of the argument but it is a difficult one. Lets assume that right now SyFy decide to have region free pay-per-view and subscription services available internationally. This new service costs $x per view or $xx per month.

Regardless of what $x and $xx are it will be more expensive than obtaining illegally and many will still choose the free option.

Except that pay services like Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Prime and Steam are wildly successful even though the content is also available on a wide variety of illegal sites.

It has been said time and time again that piracy is a service problem, not that people will always go for the $0 option. Google said it, Gabe Newell (of Valve/Steam) said it, Netflix said it, along with many others.

This whole predicament was brought about by the methods of greedy execs who don't understand what the market wants and instead choose to alienate it for a supposed gain, which actually ends up costing them a lot of money.
    Carter:"The singularity is about to explode!"

Probie

This looks exciting!

Anyone know anything of the New Zealand distribution?

It's still waiting on my DVR, how was it?

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    I'd suggest waiting until you have both parts of the pilot to watch together.

Looks like the majority were right. From TVByTheNumbers

Show Net Time Viewership (000s, Live+SD) Adults 18-49 rating (Live+SD)

DARK MATTER SYFY 10p 1.279 0.3
    DEFIANCE SYFY 8p 1.111 0.2

1.2M is not a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    1.2M is not a great start.
    It is better than they have any right to expect, considering their actions over the past few years.
    They have to earn their audience's loyalty again, and I think they know that.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    It is better than they have any right to expect, considering their actions over the past few years.
    Perhaps but It doesn't seem that they know how to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    No they don't. Most people don't have an emotional connection to a TV channel

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    No they don't. Most people don't have an emotional connection to a TV channel
    Maybe not emotional, but many of us felt betrayed by a network supposedly devoted to science fiction that abandoned that for weak fantasy/paranormal shows and wrestling. They will have to do better than Dark Matter (and I suspect Killjoys) to regain our trust. The Expanse and Childhood's End might be the last chances I give them.

My point still stands. Most people don't care about networks like that. They just drift to channels with shows or movies that interest them

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
    I thought it was ok, not brilliant but not awful either, i'll probably watch the next one then make up my mind if it's worth sticking with. I think the android is going to get annoying quickly though.

Quote Originally Posted by pakar View Post
    Perhaps but It doesn't seem that they know how to do that
    They may be faltering, but I think they are at least trying. After all, they did put 12 Monkeys, Dark Matter, as well as other efforts coming down the pipe on rather than more fake wrestling & reality crap. They might not be getting it quite right yet, but I think we have to give them credit for trying.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    My point still stands. Most people don't care about networks like that. They just drift to channels with shows or movies that interest them
    I think it's more about image. I don't think most people consciously seek out shows to watch. Hell, most of the time i don't. I just go to the channels i know often have some good stuff and see if there's anything on. And well, if you have a reputation that your stuff is crap....

Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper

So far I am liking this show!