Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

last 4 episodes correct viewing order???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last 4 episodes correct viewing order???

Hi,

There are several different episode lists of Firefly on the internet.

What is the correct order to the final 4 episodes?

Heart of Gold
    The Message
    Objects in Space
    Trash

Thank you.

There are two different answers to that. Heart of Gold, Trash and The Message were not broadcast during the original run, but the intention was for the first two of those to come before Objects in Space, followed by The Message. However, when Joss realized FOX was pulling the plug, he felt Objects was the stronger episode. He could have kept the originally intended order for the DVDs, but didn't for some reason.

I think they can be viewed either way, and there are strong arguments for both. Tracy's funeral in The Message can also be viewed as a funeral for the show, but the ending of Objects in Space, with the crew seemingly melding into a family unit with River accepted into the fold is also a good ending.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
      There are two different answers to that. Heart of Gold, Trash and The Message were not broadcast during the original run, but the intention was for the first two of those to come before Objects in Space, followed by The Message. However, when Joss realized FOX was pulling the plug, he felt Objects was the stronger episode. He could have kept the originally intended order for the DVDs, but didn't for some reason.

I think they can be viewed either way, and there are strong arguments for both. Tracy's funeral in The Message can also be viewed as a funeral for the show, but the ending of Objects in Space, with the crew seemingly melding into a family unit with River accepted into the fold is also a good ending.
      Thank you, although I could have done with the spoilers

I though it was self-evident that I was asking because I had never seen them before, but I suppose I should have specified.

Comment

Sorry, I should have just said watch them in the DVD order.

Comment

The issue watching them out of intended order is that you do get some spoilers in the "previously on..."s so I think you should watch them in the intended order
          "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

The issue watching them out of intended order is that you do get some spoilers in the "previously on..."s so I think you should watch them in the intended order
            "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by StuckintheStargate View Post
              Yes, but I wasn't sure of the intended order. Fox aired them out of sequence and I was going to go by the production codes on Wikipedia but that information isn't 100% reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                Sorry, I should have just said watch them in the DVD order.
                It's okay.

Comment

No I'm pretty sure wiki was correct cos I think that's where I got it from

Comment

Working...
                  X