Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Fear the Walking Dead: TWD Spin-off News/Trailers/Discussion

I'll be curious to hear what you think of Season 4. In a lot of ways it's a bit of a reset for the series, but even though I really came around to enjoy S2.5 and S3, I thought it was so excellently done that it was really very welcome.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

I agree that this show did start well, I had to remind myself just now of the earlier storylines as Id forgotten!

But yeah, it really hits its stride from around 2.5 and greatly improves!

TWD was coming behind this in terms of quality, Im more intruiged now in TWD but waiting for it to trip up whereas this I cant wait to see where they go next.

Gimple has confirmed that Season 5 will premiere in June.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I'll be curious to hear what you think of Season 4. In a lot of ways it's a bit of a reset for the series, but even though I really came around to enjoy S2.5 and S3, I thought it was so excellently done that it was really very welcome.
    Well I have mixed feelings about season 4. While I enjoyed the first half, I did find the jumping around annoying. I understand the Nick actor wanted out but when i first say that episode, I didn't know and frankly it pissed me off. I'm not sure what to think about Madison though. Because there was a time jump, I just felt her character was too different and I didn't not like her fate at all.

The second half just kind of bored me. Too much focus on Morgan and I love Morgan from TWD! I just don't feel as excited for the next season like I did after season 3.

Good thing is that somehow I have a free year of AMC (noticed on my bill that started this past Januray) so I can record FTWD and then binge watch.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

I'll agree that the second half of S4 wasn't as good as the first. For me the issue was the villain, I just didn't find her all that compelling, so it seemed like it took way too long to get to the climax.

On the whole though, I thought S4 was a massive improvement over everything before. John alone was worth the price of admission IMO, but I loved the rest of the newbies too.

I'll agree that the second half of S4 wasn't as good as the first. For me the issue was the villain, I just didn't find her all that compelling, so it seemed like it took way too long to get to the climax.

On the whole though, I thought S4 was a massive improvement over everything before. John alone was worth the price of admission IMO, but I loved the rest of the newbies too.
    Agreed John was a great character. Kind of the guy you wouldn't see around in a Z appocalypse, a ''good guy'' but yea he's great.

Wasn't Gimple involved in the last season though? I hope he stays well away from FTWD :/
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Agreed John was a great character. Kind of the guy you wouldn't see around in a Z appocalypse, a ''good guy'' but yea he's great.

Wasn't Gimple involved in the last season though? I hope he stays well away from FTWD :/
    Gimple was and maybe that is why I didn't like season 4 as much. I realized after I finished watching the season.
    I like John also.
    Thought the villain in the second half was well odd.

Gimple was not involved for the most part, no. I believe he co-wrote episode 401, but otherwise he's just the 'brand manager' for the entire TWD franchise at AMC, so he's not involved in the day-to-day operations of either show.

Much as I loved Season 4, I'll agree though - the villain lady wasn't the greatest. For me though I think it was more the actress than the writing. I found her performance very hammy.

Gimple was not involved for the most part, no. I believe he co-wrote episode 401, but otherwise he's just the 'brand manager' for the entire TWD franchise at AMC, so he's not involved in the day-to-day operations of either show.

Much as I loved Season 4, I'll agree though - the villain lady wasn't the greatest. For me though I think it was more the actress than the writing. I found her performance very hammy.
    "Hammy" that's the word!
    I actually have AMC free right now so I can record FTWD instead of waiting for the BluRay. YEAH! I'll still binge watch it though. I find shows like this and TWD are better when binged watch.

Suprised this hasnt been posted, lots of suprises in store it seems and a few familiar faces...

I'm not thrilled that they pre-announced (ie SPOILED) that they're bringing a certain other TWD character over, so I've been steering clear of trailers and news....

Yeah, I kinda regret watching the trailer after avoiding news on this for a while...

From SDCC: Fear Season 5 will return August 11, has been renewed for Season 6.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fear-th...mc-1202649322/

From SDCC: Fear Season 5 will return August 11, has been renewed for Season 6.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fear-th...mc-1202649322/
    I'll end up doing another binge watch. First half of season 5 was meh in some parts for me. Though started to get better for me. I just still miss the seasons 1-3 feel. Really wish we could go back to the original theme opening. I don't like the new one AT ALL.